1990 Toyota Celica Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Peppy and good mpg
By Firefighterjake on 11/06/07 08:19 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

Way back when I was looking for a commuter car I wanted something good on gas, but also fun to drive to make my long commute to and from work a little more pleasurable. In the end I bought a base ST with 76,000 or so miles and I continued to drive it until just recently when the harsh Maine winters and road salt finally made me realize that after umpteen numbers of years and over 100,000 miles (180K on the odometer) it was time to get something new. I can't complain though -- for the money I ended up with a fun, peppy car that even today looks good even 18 years old.

Best car I've ever owned.
By m8x425 on 06/06/07 21:04 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I have put over 100k miles on my Celica, it now has 220/k miles. This is the most durable car I've ever owned, an absolute value. The engine is showing little signs of being tired. I'm still getting 32 mpg highway if not more. I was an American car nut until I did some research on cheap used cars. This Celica had very little wear and was a good price. I can't believe I bought a car for $3k, that I've driven for over 100k miles. If you can buy a 1990-98 Celica w/ around 100k miles, that's in good shape for $3k, do it. You can probably get 150k miles out of the car.

BUY ONE
By RREBER on 08/19/06 13:08 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

307,000 miles still running strong. Replaced alternator, needs starter trunk work otherwise, no issue. BUY ONE OF THESE in good shape and you will not be disappointed.

Mucho FUN!!
By CrazyCatChick on 08/22/05 15:39 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I just purchased this car 2 days ago, and I adore it! I have wanted this car since they first came out in 1990, but stuck with SUV types instead. The one I bought is loaded with miles, but you would never know it to look at it, or drive. I drove 600 miles from where I purchased it, and it handled beautifully. Great mileage, super handling, and still gets looks on the road :) This is going to be a great second car, even though I just bought a new Hummer H3. Don't know which vehicle I'm more excited with! lol

Long drive
By John Hincks on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

Bought this car with 100,000 miles on it. This summer I drove it from here, Oakland CA., to Glacier NP, then on to the great Lakes back through Colorado, New Mexico and home again, with camping gear ect. A month on the road, one oil change later, thats it. No problems. Large trunk, Good handeling, fun to drive, ultra reliable, and nice looking. Who could ask...

Ok car
By MainOne on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

This vehicle is fun to drive on ocasions, but cramped cargo go room is a problem. Repairs are costly, but overall the repairs are worth top pay for due to the car's reliablity.

Fun and Reliable
By TRX on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for the past 4 years and it's been a great car. I've only had to repair 3 things on this car (alternator, starter, and power steering hose). I've always had fun driving this car. With decent tires it handles and rides great for it's age. It doesn't have true sports car performance but plenty of power for most people. I liked the car so much I bought a '02 Celica GT-S.

Love it love it love it
By Maya356 on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This is my first car and I bought it after it was already 13 years old and had 107000 miles. Everyone is jealous of what good condition it is in, considering its age and the price I got it for. Also my first stick shift, but you need a standard transmission to make full use of this car, which loves to go fast. The gears are very versatile- I abused this thing while learning, but it was very good to me. It'll start out of third with barely a hesitation if you accidentally tell it to.

Fun and Reliable
By DO2 on 12/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I know Toyota stands for reliable, but I didnt know it's going to be this good. Bought my celica in 1998 when I was still in college. Besides changing the brake pads, I never have any problems with it. Not a single time it died on me. Everything works just the same as the day I bought this car. Fun to drive and has great mileage. And surprisingly quite fast. Now I've been working for 3 years and thinking of buying a new car. I dont know if I will have the kind of luxury my celica has been giving me. Luxury of just spending not more than $100 a year for its maintenance.

My Little GT Celica
By ToyotaSA-54 on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

I have always liked the look of this car, finally bought one, I like it more now.