Used 1990 Toyota Celica All-Trac Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

yayyy
By sss

1990 Toyota Celica All-Trac 2dr Hatchback AWD

I love Celica 5th gen so much! This is my dream car since I was in primary school (2000)! This is my first car in grand turismo 2 at that time. Finally I can own one of it! Long live celica 5th gen!

Favorite Features

Turbo, awd, hood model

Suggested Improvements

cup holder place is not comfort for gear 3

HAHAHA !!! I have One
By louis-p

1990 Toyota Celica All-Trac 2dr Hatchback AWD

!!!!VERY NICE LOOK !!!! Performance not good: o-60 = 7.4 sec very good in winter.

Favorite Features

Turbo Awd !!!

Suggested Improvements

Need more power !!!! or better fuel economy

GT-Four
By raven@ubrf

1990 Toyota Celica All-Trac 2dr Hatchback AWD

When I saw an All trac for sale, I was all over it. This car is a beaut, and as rare as it is, many people often stare at it wondering if she was modified to look like it. The seats are comfortable and supportive, and the interior is fairly laid out. The only problem that i have had with this car is that its starting to rust out from Buffalo's salt. This car is recommended for a good cruise, but she is not a stoplight to stoplight winner. The rarity of this car will cause some headaches at the dealership time to time, but I would definitely purchase another one if i could!

Favorite Features

Reliability, Power, styling, seats, uniquness

Suggested Improvements

Do the normal turbo upgrades. Intake and straighter exhaust. If the speedometer goes, then you may have to look at replacing the tranny or tearing up the tranny to replace the speed sensor. If it leaks oil, then expect to pay a lot for repair.

Potential
By aam

1990 Toyota Celica All-Trac 2dr Hatchback AWD

I bought this car a couple of years ago thinking "cool, a turbo charged all- wheel drive celica", not realizing that only 400 were imported into the U.S. in 1990. This car has been the most solid and well built car i've driven to date (i've owned a porsche and have driven other "nice" cars as well). No major problems have occured, and the engine has 130k miles on it.

Favorite Features

3s-gte engine has arguably as much potential as the mkIV supra's 2jz-gte. Over 1000hp is possible with it. All- wheel drive = accelerate very fast on almost anything and handles supreme.

Suggested Improvements

this car is far less known than the almighty mkIV supra, thus performance parts are a little more difficult to get/find. Someone needs to develope a nice looking aerodynamic bodykit for it. A 5x114.5 bolt pattern would have been better than the 5x100, but I'm not complaining.