1990 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Celica model:
Hawaiian Celica
By franlum on 08/04/08 15:26 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

Got this from a private owner that said the car was in tiptop shape. However, buyer beware as the clutch had to be changed, not adjusted, as the seller claimed. New clutch at 133k. Power steering hoses were shot too, so we changed those. Heater hose started to leak so we removed them. Replaced the sparkplug wires, sparkplugs, distributor cap & rotor, with original Toyota parts, at 145k. Put 92 Octane Chevron with its patented cleaner & the car runs like a top. Got other fluid leaks we need to fix, but the shop wanted $1,600 for it. Need to check the brakes pads too. Right now, it's go, go, go around our little island.

Fun Car
By Phil on 10/19/06 18:36 PM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

This is an excellent car by Toyota. I was impressed with the style for the age. I also appreciate the great interior design which is comfortable, practical, and quite stylish. Furthermore the car drives good, and is always exciting to step into.

Great little car
By Cavan.B on 11/12/04 01:28 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

A fun car that is extremely reliable. Only had to replace power steering hose (a common problem, apparently). It is fun to drive, but not a burner. Very manuverable and quick; fits in tight places. The overall design is ahead of its time, especially the interior with the climate controls on the instrument hood. The space is tight but comfortable, and the hatch has a lot of room.

Fabulous Car
By P.L. on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I don't want to give this car up...I have loved driving it since the 1st day I bought it. It has always been reliable, very few repairs which were minor things. I plan to purchase 2003 and pass this 1990 model to someone who will continue driving it. This car was not styled for rear seat passenger comfort....very hard to exit back seat.

Awesome little car!
By Hotrod on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

Even before I was old enough to drive I had decided I wanted this car. It's an automatic, but I've driven the same car in a 5-speed and there is no lack in power with the auto. The acceleration is awesome and it handles like a dream. I've never had a problem with it, only maintenance.