Used 1990 Toyota Celica ST Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1990 Toyota Celica - Consumer Reviews

1990 Toyota Celica

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Peppy and good mpg
By Firefighterjake

1990 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

Way back when I was looking for a commuter car I wanted something good on gas, but also fun to drive to make my long commute to and from work a little more pleasurable. In the end I bought a base ST with 76,000 or so miles and I continued to drive it until just recently when the harsh Maine winters and road salt finally made me realize that after umpteen numbers of years and over 100,000 miles (180K on the odometer) it was time to get something new. I can't complain though -- for the money I ended up with a fun, peppy car that even today looks good even 18 years old.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive and wicked good gas mileage (I was averaging 35 mpg).

Suggested Improvements

Towards the end my poor Celica became an official "Maine beater car" with rust showing, a non-working radio, scratches, bad head gasket, bad brakes, etc. My only suggestion would have been to make this car more of a "guy" car since my good buddy said he noticed girls mostly driving this car.

BUY ONE
By RREBER

1990 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

307,000 miles still running strong. Replaced alternator, needs starter trunk work otherwise, no issue. BUY ONE OF THESE in good shape and you will not be disappointed.

Long drive
By John Hincks

1990 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

Bought this car with 100,000 miles on it. This summer I drove it from here, Oakland CA., to Glacier NP, then on to the great Lakes back through Colorado, New Mexico and home again, with camping gear ect. A month on the road, one oil change later, thats it. No problems. Large trunk, Good handeling, fun to drive, ultra reliable, and nice looking. Who could ask...

Ok car
By MainOne

1990 Toyota Celica ST 2dr Coupe

This vehicle is fun to drive on ocasions, but cramped cargo go room is a problem. Repairs are costly, but overall the repairs are worth top pay for due to the car's reliablity.

Favorite Features

the fuel economy is excellent, along with the style of body of the car.

Suggested Improvements

More cargo room for driver and passenger along with more comfortable seats.