Love my new Camry SE!!!
By mrjason12 on
2014 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I have to say, these new Camry's are great cars. I owned two Tacoma's and two FJ Cruiser's before this purchase, but I wanted something that actually got good gas mileage, which the new Camry certainly does. Do not doubt the V4, as it is plenty!
Favorite Features
There are so many things I like about this car: the way it looks, the quick acceleration, the faux leather seats, the cool styling, the Bluetooth, the way it looks, wait, did I say that already? I look forward to hopping in this car and driving it every time!
Suggested Improvements
None
By mrjason12
on 03/31/14 08:29 AM (PDT)

Update: Just logged 670 highway miles...average mpg 33.9, average speed 71 mph. Love it!

By mrjason12
on 03/09/14 20:41 PM (PDT)

Quick update: I now have 893 miles on my SE Camry 2014, and it looks like I'm getting 22 MPG around town, which is totally respectable, considering the break-in, and the way I step on it. I love this car!

By mrjason12
on 02/28/14 17:56 PM (PST)

I don't know what to tell you, jj33. The car sips gas ever so slightly. I just checked the odometer, and I now have 705 miles, and I'm back down to 1/2 a tank. One thing I have been doing is filling the tank when it gets to half; maybe that has something to do with it. Anyway, enjoy your new car and the fact you don't always have to stop at the gas station. Sorry I don't have more precise data, but I love this car! The fuel needle barely moves. :))

By mrjason12
on 02/16/14 08:09 AM (PST)

That's a good question rickyb3. I don't exactly know. I just rolled over 560 miles, mostly around town driving, and I get on the gas pedal quite a bit. I do know that I've had the car for about three weeks now and only filled up once. I'll have a better idea on gas mileage when I take off down to California next month. It's about 700 miles of highway driving.

By jjj33
on 02/28/14 12:08 PM (PST)

Do you have any secret in high mileage? or Is SE trim different from L trim in aspect of Engine? (I know two are 2.5 I 4 Cyl). But you can drive 560 miles in town. I can drive only 400 miles in town. Why? Do you know the reason? I drive very conservatively, I put the accelaration pedal very softly and smoothly.

By jjj33
on 03/11/14 18:15 PM (PDT)

mrjason12, thank you for your updating for MPG. I misunderstood your meaning. I got it now. so, my 26 MPG in town (actually, around 27-28 MPG currently only in town driving) is not bad at all. in highway, when I drove 6 hours in interstate highway, I got 42 MPG, and car consumed only half of tank. and I bought it on $ 5,200 discount !!!

By mrjason12
on 02/02/14 16:24 PM (PST)

Right you are..thanks for the correction.

By rickyb3
on 02/14/14 19:31 PM (PST)

Exactly what is the city gas mileage for your vehicle?

By jjj33
on 02/28/14 12:05 PM (PST)

mine is 2014 Camry L. (2.5) town mileage is at most 400 miles. of course, in the high way, I got 40 MPG. but in town I got only 26 MPG !!! So, mrjason12, I can not believe your town miles is around 560. How can you get that high miles in the town? Does mine have some problem in Engine?

By mred72
on 02/02/14 07:46 AM (PST)

There's no such thing as a "V4." You mean I4.

By mrjason12
on 03/12/14 18:19 PM (PDT)

Nice! Yeah, this is a great car. I received 0% financing, so the car is costing me nothing to finance. I'm taking it to California in two weeks, and I'm looking forward to seeing my mileage on the open highway--I hope to see 35 MPG, which will be a huge improvement over the FJ Cruiser I traded for the Camry.