2014 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

So this is the car that beats the world?
By Mark Beeman

2014 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/13 (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have test driven a few of these mid sized cars lately, stick with the Honda or Volkswagen. Steer clear of this mechanical miscarriage. I am not kidding when I say I was so happy to get back into my 99 Lincoln Continental. I felt like I was riding in a 70s Chevy Vega. It's obvious now to me most people have no idea what a good riding and handling car is who own these things. This had an omnipresent vibration through the seat like riding one of those dinosaur Disney rides . Every time I went to take of from a stop, the front wheels had to spin on the rainy surface. Try owning one of these in Michigan during winter. "Beam me up, Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here".

camrybest
By test

2014 Toyota Camry Sedan L 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 11/13 (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

cam

Reliability at its finest
By Morgan

2014 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I'm 19 years old and was looking for a reliable car that I could trust and feel safe in. I do a lot of driving each day from work and school, and often take many trips to Portland/Seattle. I previously owned a 2007 Volkswagen Jetta that I loved, but unfortunately kept having issues. So when I decided to take out a car loan I did a lot of research on reliable vehicles and found my 2014 Toyota Camry LE at wilsonville in Portland. I couldn't be anymore pleaed with this car. MPG is great and such a smooth, and comfortable ride. Everyone is super impressed by the look of the interior of this car because it doesn't look cheap like some other vehicles. I hope to get plenty of years out of this car and will defiantly recommend Toyota to anyone!

love my toyota
By Lowell Rostvit

2014 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Have owned two Toyota's. The first one was a cresita (not sure if spelled right) which was not too comfortable but a great built car. My second one is a 2014 XLE with the 4 cylinder. It now has 12500 miles and have had no problems with it. I find it very comfortable and love to take it on trips. I drove the 6 cylinder which had more power then I needed. The four cylinder has plenty power even in the mountains of Colorado. I really like the manual automatic which I use a lot. I was really surprised how good it does on gas. The lowest I ever got was 32mpg and the best was 45mpg. But it consistently gets about 38mpg. I would recommend this car to anyone

vibration in gear
By Joe Rollings

2014 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

When i bought the car thier was no vibration at all with the car in gear at a stop with the a/c on or off. At 11,000 miles like flicking on a switch. out of no where the vibration started. I know this because it was actually bothering my stomach. I brought in and at first i got the run around, told me it was the nature of the model. Then i insisted they find the problem. I spoke with the mechanic personally and he said he cleaned the throttle body, injectors and realigned the motor and wishbone. Seems to be better but not gone. Very earitating with a/c on. I suggested to the mechanic could it be a faulty a/c compressor clutch or something. He said that couldn't be it. I tried to gently powerbrake it just enough to bring it up about 50 RPM. Flelt much better. Im thinking the computer my not be bringing the rpm's up high enough at idle. Anybody else out there with these same issues?

• SUV