2013 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Overall the best value in its

2013 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Overall the best value in its segment
By zramil on

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Over 3,000km (1,875mi) so far and very happy with my choice. Not a perfect car but it does everything well for its segment at a great price. Tighter handling, better interior materials and dashboard design would be nice but this is a mid-sized family sedan for value minded customers, not BMW 5 series and Toyota did a good job with this generation. I haven't had popping roof noise, AC odor and rattling dashboard issues that some drivers complained about. V6 has a very generous amount of power and most people would be perfectly fine with I4. Transmission shifts smoothly. Cabin is very quiet on Michelin tires. Ride comfort is great. I highly recommend the SE trim.

Power of V6 with exceptional MPG for this engine size. SE trim looks way better than LE/XLE. Leather/suede seats are very comfortable, my lengthy daily commute improved dramatically after I got this car. I am told it's a stiffer ride compared to LE or previous Camrys but I still find it very comfortable. I'm new to back up camera and a blind spot monitor and find them extremely useful. Compared to new Accord cabin seems to be more insulated and everything feels more solid, although I realize that it's rather subjective. Outstanding value.

A little disappointed in JBL sound system, sound quality is not what I expected, my old mazda3 stock sound system was arguably the same. Hard plastic on doors/dashboard here and there, although improved for 2013 vs 2012. Dashboard design needs to be upgraded and AC/heater buttons seem flimsy. I find side mirrors are somewhat small or maybe I'm just not used to them, I have blind side monitors though which I use extensively.