Overall good choice for mid sized sedan
By mossimo142 on
2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I was deciding between the Camry and Chevy Malibu. I went with the Camry due to the rear leg room and resale value. I don't necessarily agree with Toyota having a higher resale value because the Malibu felt like it was built better. The dash on the Camry seems cheap and the parts don't fit perfectly causing wiggle room when pressed against. The seats are also not comfortable for trips longer than 30 minutes. They feel like generic foam, offering little support even with lumbar. The MPG calculator consistently registers 1-2 MPGs higher than what the car actually gets. This is somewhat disappointing, but I still average around 31 with 75% highway driving.
Favorite Features
Bluetooth audio and phone connectivity is nice. I like the styling of the vehicle, and it gets good gas mileage.
Suggested Improvements
Improve seat comfort. Improve MPG calculator. Make it so one DC power outlet is always live. Both turn off when removing the key. I also don't like how the doors automatically lock after leaving the car. Haven't really looked at the manual much, so this may be preventable.
By mossimo142
on 03/26/14 20:18 PM (PDT)

Not sure how to edit my review, but wanted to update it. The seats have been broken in, and are slightly more comfortable than I original graded it on. MPGs calculation is still consistently 1-2 MPGs off. I've been averaging ~ 29-30 with 75% highway driving. What I've really been disappointed in is the quality of the paint job. It seems like scratches show up with the slightest of touch on the car. Maybe it's just the black paint, but that is one major regret about the car. I figured out the door locking thing. If you don't touch the lock/unlock button after getting out the doors will stay unlocked. If you press unlock after shutting the door, they will lock ~30 seconds later.