Gas Millage is Not Good.
By surge3 on
2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
Purchased the SE 4 cyl. This car has only given me an average of 350 miles for a full tank of gas. The most I have ever got was about 400 MPG on cruse control (about 70 mph) at midnight from Las Vegas to Southern California, yes I purposely filled-up the tank and measured it, with no traffic. I drive the car with a light foot on the gas to try and get the most MPG out of it and still only about 21-22mpg. I also fill it up with the highest octane but only 21-22 mpg. I also don't hit much traffic since I drive on the freeway before and after traffic hours. I have taken it back to Toyota and they just tell me that nothing is wrong with the car. I plan on following-up again with them.
Favorite Features
The pros on this car is that it has a smooth drive. Provided that all the windows are up, you will have a quiet ride inside a smooth driving car.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the MPG on this car. Also, if only the two back windows are rolled down, you will get a vibrating type of sound through the car (obviously from the wind). Find a way to minimize this noise, since it becomes annoying and it's better to just roll the back windows up.
By statguy
on 06/05/14 00:22 AM (PDT)

How are you driving your car? I get 30 mpg combined and about half my miles are street miles. I got up to 33 mpg driving to LA and back. I put almost 500 miles to the tank (with not even going to empty)

By drivenit
on 08/21/14 14:02 PM (PDT)

Surge3 - First of all, higher octane does NOT mean better mileage. Running the 4 cylinder on regular gas will get you the best mileage, as the manufacturer recommends. I am getting an average of 31.2 with mixed driving in a 2012 4 cylinder SE (same motor and 6 spd. trans.). Also, if you ONLY lower the rear 2 windows you WILL get an annoying sound made by the cross-patterned airwaves. If you also lower the fronts while the backs are lowered, both of them, even an inch, the noise will stop. Try it. And ENJOY the ride.