Used 2013 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

My 1st Camry
By vminghelli

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I picked the Camry SE over other sedans in it's class after driving the Fusion, Charger, and the Malibu. The reason I picked the Camry was based on options and price. Our has just about every option except the v6. It has the moon roof, leather, nav and rear back up camera. The sticker was 27,000 and some change but the dealer took off 3,000 right off the bat. So for 24Gs we got a sporty car with paddle shifters that is fun to drive. The 4 banger feels much bigger and shifts smooth. Car feels and rides like a $40,000 lux sedan. The car rides very well and is quite on the highway. It is the first Toyota we have owned and I can say it wont be the last. Sorry Ford.

To many to list. I love everything about the car. Price, roomy and loaded with options for $24,000. Blue tooth, Pandora, Back up camera, paddle shifters, awesome gage cluster, moon roof, leather, sporty looking and getting 32 mpg combined. I'm right at six foot tall and my 12 year old son can sit behind me with plenty of leg room. If you are looking for a new sedan must look at Camry.

A 400 hp V8 that gets 30 mpg. Until it becomes a option the car is perfect.

People who don't like this car have never owned one!
By mani_o

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I considered all the usual suspects before my purchase- Accord, Sonata, mazda6, Optima, Altima and one by one they all fell off the list and the Camry was left because of its comfortable interior, quality and good looks. I bought a '13 White Camry SE and everyone said this car looks great. My friends and family look the interior and say the outside looks good with sporty lines. Do not listen to the haters! I'm glad they are talking so much smack about how "dull and boring" it is. Well for the people who drive BMW's and Porches everyday you might be able to complain. You have got to be really spoiled not to like this car. I got the car i could afford and for the money this is the best!

Very comfortable seats, great exceleration, good fuel economy, feels very premium and solid. Stereo is the best. Speakers are a little flat but great for the average person driving to work, an easy upgrade , but the stereo is a 10! Works just the way it should. The stereo picks up every sound playing on my iphone, recorded videos, spotify playlists, movie audio, Hulu audio plays right through my car, voice convo sound great. I love that everything just works, kind of like a Mac. White is the best color, it makes it look very sporty, black makes it look luxury. Price was right on got a new SE with power seat and mats for $19960, dealer didn't charge any fees walked out paying 21350.

Maybe less road noise, but really what car doesn't have that. And what do we expect to hear flying 70 mph down the highway? Birds chirping? I would like push button start standard on all models but under $20 grand i can't really complain about anything. Good job Toyota. Go see this car in person, the pictures do not do it justice.

First Camry for me
By metro21

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Got a great deal from Toyota- 0% APR for 60 months, no payments for 90 days and a killer deal. Who can say no to that? I bought the SE model 4 cyl. loaded with the $3600 everything package. Did I mention the 2 year/ 24k mile all maintenance free plan? After 3 months and 6k miles, very impressed with the Camry. Glad I got it over the Accord.

Excellent navigation/ Bluetooth system. Voice recognition is top notch. Styling is excellent inside and out. Rear seat legroom is very good. Front seats are supportive and comfortable. Love the keyless entry/ start system. Love how the interior lights turn on as you get close to the car. Love the quiet ride and non-CVT tranny- had an Altima and hated that CVT tranny in it. Projector headlamps. By buying Toyota, I was hoping to get some big brother Lexus related amenities/ advanced technology and I did.

Make both front windows, one touch up and down. Get rid of the cheap hard plastics- especially by the driver right knee coming out of the center stack. Make the center console storage system more useful than a big empty box- maybe two shelves/ dividers? Gas mileage is a big disappointment- so far 24-25 MPG average.

10K Miles and No Complaints
By rurod

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Barcelona Red 2013 Camry SE last August and have enjoyed the car immensely! I recently went in for the 10K Service, which so far services for the first two years of the car are paid by Toyota. The car's ride is excellent, however the car does not absorb some of the badder bumps on the road due to the sports suspension. Handling is good, not too much lean in turns, and goes where you point it. I drove the other non SE Camry models and the ride in those was too soft and mushy. I fully expect this car to be reliable and long lasting - I tend to keep my cars forever.

Very roomy interior with good quality materials. Bluetooth setup and connectivity is excellent. Visibility is top notch. Sound system actually sounds pretty good! Mileage about 28-29 combined to/from work. My test run from Citrus Heights to Huntington Beach (about 400 miles all freeway) yielded about 36mpg at 70-75mph. I tend to drive it easy around town, no pedal-to-the-medal starts or last second hard braking.

Steering wheel controls (for speed control, lights, sound, etc.) are numerous and confusing at first. I actually had to read the manual for some of the stuff - should be intuitive. Ditto the touch screen system for the audio, though after a while it was ok.

Great Car but...
By michael190

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I guess it depends on what you are looking for...I love the car and I believe compared to anything else out there the Camry is best in class with a qualification. 1). I don't like plastic everywhere. But if the plastic outlasts the components of competitors who cares? Otherwise, I purchased my Camry because it was practical, fun, fast, reliable, economical, entertaining, and cool. While other competitors may have less plastic, their cars don't last as long. I am a little concerned about the consumer reports issue, but thus far, my Camry is aces. I have put 40k on it in 1.5 years and it gets over 32 easy on the highway! At 80 mph the tach reads about 2050 or thereabouts!

Everything works. Paddle shifters when I want to go fast. I am able to stay ahead of pony cars fairly consistently and in comfort! I especially like this given that my Camry will last for a very long time whereas the pony car will usually be dead at about 1/3 the life span. I love the hd stereo and infotainment system. When I am hired to play a symphony I download the work on my ipod and play it in the camry while I am on the road. The sound detail is fantastic.

I don't like plastic. Yes it will outlast the better materials of some competitors, but still, I paid 32k cash. I would like to not have a sea of plastic.