2013 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
No more Tire Pressue display?
By nlwalden on 10/07/13 06:40 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2012 SE for my daughter. I liked it well enough to buy a 2013 for myself. The only differences between this year's and last year's models I've noticed are two: 1) 2013 has the lane-changer blinker function. On the highway, flick the blinker arm and the blinker blinks three times without having to hold the arm down. Nice feature. 2) This is really annoying. On the 2012, you got two options when you pressed the Car button: Fuel Consumption and Tire Pressure. On the 2013, they've somehow gotten rid of the Tire Pressure display. Now the only way to check tire pressure is the old fashioned way. Unless it didn't work well, I can's see why they got rid of that function.

Hate a perfectly good car!
By ally123sport on 07/03/13 10:05 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2013 Camry. I and all passengers bump our heads on the handle bar above the seats in all seats. I am only 5'3 so it is not a height issue. Can not put a baby seat in back seat and put anybody but a short person in the drivers or passengers side upfront because of the length of the vehicle. Do not like entune navigation system! Everytime I plug up my phone to charge, it starts itunes with the very first song alphabetically on my playlist. Research shows this can not be fixed. I have to fumble on the touchscreen to turn it off and back on the radio. If you turn of the entune bluetooth for the itune issue you can't make calls obviously. Seat adjustment is also excessively slow!

Overall good choice for mid sized sedan
By mossimo142 on 09/12/13 14:00 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was deciding between the Camry and Chevy Malibu. I went with the Camry due to the rear leg room and resale value. I don't necessarily agree with Toyota having a higher resale value because the Malibu felt like it was built better. The dash on the Camry seems cheap and the parts don't fit perfectly causing wiggle room when pressed against. The seats are also not comfortable for trips longer than 30 minutes. They feel like generic foam, offering little support even with lumbar. The MPG calculator consistently registers 1-2 MPGs higher than what the car actually gets. This is somewhat disappointing, but I still average around 31 with 75% highway driving.

Hope it Lasts
By twistedf8 on 03/24/14 10:00 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

First Camry purchase. Not impressed with the cheap carpet in the SE (shines like cardboard after the first vacuum) the seat material is sub-par as well. Gas mileage is 23.8 MPG. I bought the car at a discount like so many other posters have mentioned. I won't complain about the price. For a 4 cyl, it does have the ability to accelerate well. I wish I was getting the mileage many other folks are reporting and I'd overlook the cheap interior. I live on a 50 MPH road and the car rarely sees a traffic light. Buyer beware on the mileage and interior. Otherwise it is a nice car. I'm hoping it lasts as long as people say they do.

Gas Mileage Not as said in the Sticker!
By david555 on 08/02/13 18:51 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Cheap looking "stick on" middle dashboard: (Where the radio/gps and the cd area), The upper deck interior/roof looks cheap and noise(hollow inside) and built from a cheap material (Compare to my Japanese built in 2003 4runner..which solid and looks classy). Interior/Door sides again looks cheap, Back mid-console box looks cheap and no ventilation goes out to the rear passengers. Overall texture of the interior looks down graded to all of my Toyota that I have owned in the past! Disappointed! GAS MILEAGE: Not as what it said in the sticker (25/35..combined 28mpg)..So far only 22.4MPG!!

Gas Millage is Not Good.
By surge3 on 02/19/14 00:05 AM (PST)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased the SE 4 cyl. This car has only given me an average of 350 miles for a full tank of gas. The most I have ever got was about 400 MPG on cruse control (about 70 mph) at midnight from Las Vegas to Southern California, yes I purposely filled-up the tank and measured it, with no traffic. I drive the car with a light foot on the gas to try and get the most MPG out of it and still only about 21-22mpg. I also fill it up with the highest octane but only 21-22 mpg. I also don't hit much traffic since I drive on the freeway before and after traffic hours. I have taken it back to Toyota and they just tell me that nothing is wrong with the car. I plan on following-up again with them.

Worst Car I have ever owned-Cheaply made
By gringo1210 on 01/07/14 12:38 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my third Camry and will be my last. The heat on this car takes 20 minutes to warm up, By the time it does I am at work. I was told this is standard for this car. The car has the WORST pickup ever. I can't even accelerate quickly if I need to get out of the way. I was told this is due to the econo button that cannot be shut off. It's cheaply made the fabric seats stain easily and when trying to clean water marks are left behind. Toyota refused to fix any of my problems. Today I went to the drive through and all my windows were frozen stuck, Between the lack of heat and no pick up and now the window problem I feel like I am driving around in a 15 year old car.

3 of 25,848 people found this review helpful
unsafe car
By miriamg on 11/19/13 18:24 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a brand new 2013 Toyota Camry 2 months ago. The car keeps stalling out even while driving on a highway. I have almost been involved in a serious accident as a result. Toyota can't seem to get to the bottom of this matter. In the interim I am very frustrated as I am getting the run around between the manufacturer and the dealer. I plan on pursuing NJ Lemon Law in attempt to have my car replaced.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota Camry in VA is:

$145 per month*