Used 2013 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2013 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Handles well, underpowered
By sendme

2013 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

6 months of use. Changed from Honda coupe (V6, manual 6) to 4dr, 4cyl Auto. Firm ride but power steering too strong for good tracking and feedback. City stop/go driving gets 35-30 mpg, interstate driving 33-36 mpg. 2 trips (1 hour, 4 hours) with more go than stopping and less than 65 mph gave over 40 mpg. With cruise control turned on and going uphill, the computer downshifts from 6th gear to 4th gear AND then figures out it only needs to be in 5th gear. Transmission logic needs adjustment. 4 cylinder is slightly underpowered but manual shifting helps.

Favorite Features

SE body panels look sporty and interior changes are a step above any of the "L" versions.

Suggested Improvements

Toyota could/should separate and "de-package" the option list. Can't get extras without undesirable options. Improve the transmission logic. Reduce the too strong power steering to improve handling/feedback.

Worst Car I have ever owned-Cheaply made
By gringo1210

2013 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my third Camry and will be my last. The heat on this car takes 20 minutes to warm up, By the time it does I am at work. I was told this is standard for this car. The car has the WORST pickup ever. I can't even accelerate quickly if I need to get out of the way. I was told this is due to the econo button that cannot be shut off. It's cheaply made the fabric seats stain easily and when trying to clean water marks are left behind. Toyota refused to fix any of my problems. Today I went to the drive through and all my windows were frozen stuck, Between the lack of heat and no pick up and now the window problem I feel like I am driving around in a 15 year old car.

love this
By rockyview

2013 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned my Camry SE V6 with premium package for three months. Can't be happier. The car is quiet and accelerates fast, can't believe it coonsumes less fuel than my traded-in 2005 I4 hyundai sonata. Like the BSM and backup crossover warning feature, really useful.

Favorite Features

acceleration, fuel economy, quietness.

Suggested Improvements

It would be great if they could add turning signal on mirror at least as an option, also make the side mirrors auto dimming.

2013 Camry XLE V6
By retired2013

2013 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our newest Camry seven months ago, and have driven it 13,000 miles now. This is our third Camry so we must like them. The 2013 V6 is very fast. The 2013 XLE seems lighter and more nimble than our 2002 XLE. The gas mileage is good and the car is definitely comfortable. The steering is quicker than prior models, and this model feels better balanced than prior year models too. Overall a fantastic car to get from Point A to Point B in comfort and safety with attractive styling.

Favorite Features

The blind spot indicators and rearview camera are very helpful and will definitely lower accident rates. We picked up a nail in one tire and the low pressure indicator was helpful. The windshield wipers work more efficiently than our 2002 Camry. The cruise control works really well, but incremental speed adjustments while driving would be helpful.

Suggested Improvements

I miss the foot rest to the left of the pedals, which was comfortable on a long trip. The faux wood is less attractive than our 2002. More padding in the seats would be a nice. We're not big fans of the keyless on/off button as it makes it more complex to listen to the radio, etc. when stopped. The quality of the leather in the seats does not seem to be as thick as our 2002, but time will determine on how it holds up. The functionality of the navigation system is less than perfect, and the designers should try driving long distances with it and making changes while driving. Cruise control speed adjustments should be more like the Chevy Malibu.

unsafe car
3 of 83,040 people found this review helpful
By miriamg

2013 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a brand new 2013 Toyota Camry 2 months ago. The car keeps stalling out even while driving on a highway. I have almost been involved in a serious accident as a result. Toyota can't seem to get to the bottom of this matter. In the interim I am very frustrated as I am getting the run around between the manufacturer and the dealer. I plan on pursuing NJ Lemon Law in attempt to have my car replaced.