2013 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Good car, great value
By roar02ram on 10/13/13 21:17 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The title says it all - this car is an excellent value. It rides well, handles decently, is comfortable, has a few cool features, is sturdily constructed, gets acceptable fuel economy (particularly considering the performance), and is roomy. It does all of the important things well or well enough, with no major flaws and zero irritants. Plus, in SE V-6 trim, the engine supplies a few thrills and the car handles/steers well enough to keep up when you want to do more than commute. Bottomline, it ain't a sports sedan, and it ain't a luxury car, either. But for what the SE V-6 is and for what Toyota charges for it, it really is the best thing out there.

No more Tire Pressue display?
By nlwalden on 10/07/13 06:40 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2012 SE for my daughter. I liked it well enough to buy a 2013 for myself. The only differences between this year's and last year's models I've noticed are two: 1) 2013 has the lane-changer blinker function. On the highway, flick the blinker arm and the blinker blinks three times without having to hold the arm down. Nice feature. 2) This is really annoying. On the 2012, you got two options when you pressed the Car button: Fuel Consumption and Tire Pressure. On the 2013, they've somehow gotten rid of the Tire Pressure display. Now the only way to check tire pressure is the old fashioned way. Unless it didn't work well, I can's see why they got rid of that function.

Overall good choice for mid sized sedan
By mossimo142 on 09/12/13 14:00 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was deciding between the Camry and Chevy Malibu. I went with the Camry due to the rear leg room and resale value. I don't necessarily agree with Toyota having a higher resale value because the Malibu felt like it was built better. The dash on the Camry seems cheap and the parts don't fit perfectly causing wiggle room when pressed against. The seats are also not comfortable for trips longer than 30 minutes. They feel like generic foam, offering little support even with lumbar. The MPG calculator consistently registers 1-2 MPGs higher than what the car actually gets. This is somewhat disappointing, but I still average around 31 with 75% highway driving.

First Camry for me
By metro21 on 08/30/13 15:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Got a great deal from Toyota- 0% APR for 60 months, no payments for 90 days and a killer deal. Who can say no to that? I bought the SE model 4 cyl. loaded with the $3600 everything package. Did I mention the 2 year/ 24k mile all maintenance free plan? After 3 months and 6k miles, very impressed with the Camry. Glad I got it over the Accord.

Camry the best in the West n East.Next to my horse!
By talong_sayote on 08/28/13 02:58 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My 2013 SE V6 Camry is perfect!Better than my X5 BMW that sucks a lot of gas.

People who don't like this car have never owned one!
By mani_o on 08/17/13 20:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I considered all the usual suspects before my purchase- Accord, Sonata, mazda6, Optima, Altima and one by one they all fell off the list and the Camry was left because of its comfortable interior, quality and good looks. I bought a '13 White Camry SE and everyone said this car looks great. My friends and family look the interior and say the outside looks good with sporty lines. Do not listen to the haters! I'm glad they are talking so much smack about how "dull and boring" it is. Well for the people who drive BMW's and Porches everyday you might be able to complain. You have got to be really spoiled not to like this car. I got the car i could afford and for the money this is the best!

Gas Mileage Not as said in the Sticker!
By david555 on 08/02/13 18:51 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Cheap looking "stick on" middle dashboard: (Where the radio/gps and the cd area), The upper deck interior/roof looks cheap and noise(hollow inside) and built from a cheap material (Compare to my Japanese built in 2003 4runner..which solid and looks classy). Interior/Door sides again looks cheap, Back mid-console box looks cheap and no ventilation goes out to the rear passengers. Overall texture of the interior looks down graded to all of my Toyota that I have owned in the past! Disappointed! GAS MILEAGE: Not as what it said in the sticker (25/35..combined 28mpg)..So far only 22.4MPG!!

City MPG doesn't match
By zipper6 on 07/29/13 15:09 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car 3 weeks ago, I like everything about this 2013 CAMRY SE except the advertised MPG and exterior. We had a good deal from the dealer that's the reason I bought this. MPG advertised for CITY is little misleading for what I have noticed. 3 weeks close to 800 miles now and car give me 18-20 Avg in city. 25 MPG only if their are no lights and no stop sign. On HWY I get 40 MPG if I drive 65 miles on cruise. If I drive 70+ MGP goes down to 35-38. So I am happy cruising on 65 :) but little mad when driving in city :( Exterior looks little cheap than compared to my 1997 old camry i told 4 years go. Overall its a good car and hope it stays reliable like everyone says.

Overall the best value in its segment
By zramil on 07/26/13 11:31 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Over 3,000km (1,875mi) so far and very happy with my choice. Not a perfect car but it does everything well for its segment at a great price. Tighter handling, better interior materials and dashboard design would be nice but this is a mid-sized family sedan for value minded customers, not BMW 5 series and Toyota did a good job with this generation. I haven't had popping roof noise, AC odor and rattling dashboard issues that some drivers complained about. V6 has a very generous amount of power and most people would be perfectly fine with I4. Transmission shifts smoothly. Cabin is very quiet on Michelin tires. Ride comfort is great. I highly recommend the SE trim.

By nanakuli on 07/09/13 23:54 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have over 100,000 miles on mine and I don't want to part with it. Pros are the reliability, the smooth V-6 on the highway, the visibility from the cabin, the ride on Primacy V-rated rubber, the mpg, the automatic a/c, the huge trunk, the cupholders. Cons are the slab-sided styling, the electric window only being auto up/down on the driver's side, no memory seats, hmmm, that's about it. Overall, the best beater back and forth to work car you could ever hope for. It's not a Lexus, but who (besides my wife) would use a Lexus for a beater?

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota Camry Sedan in VA is:

$145 per month*