Used 2013 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Camry the best in the West n East.Next to my horse!
By talong_sayote

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My 2013 SE V6 Camry is perfect!Better than my X5 BMW that sucks a lot of gas.

I like the POWER!Very very low noise.Very smooth,all leather,classy,very comfy seats,loaded n etc.

Nothing.

love this
By rockyview

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned my Camry SE V6 with premium package for three months. Can't be happier. The car is quiet and accelerates fast, can't believe it coonsumes less fuel than my traded-in 2005 I4 hyundai sonata. Like the BSM and backup crossover warning feature, really useful.

acceleration, fuel economy, quietness.

It would be great if they could add turning signal on mirror at least as an option, also make the side mirrors auto dimming.

A Great Vehicle
By smoothsailing1

2013 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have owned this car 8 months. Went with the Camry after driving some of the competition, as the Camry was the best overall fit for me. Drove several versions of the 2013 Honda Accord sedan, but the sound system, radio and navigation system in the Accords are having major problems with the navigation locking up, radio pre-sets failing and the sound is just not up to par with other sedans. Stayed with the V6 and am averaging 33-34 mpg on the highway. The blind spot monitor is so very practical and works perfectly. The 2013 Toyota Camry is a well designed and implemented package - it does everything well; drivability, comfort, technology, mpg and ergonomics. Toyota gets a A+ on this one.

Transmission, V6, Navigation system, blue tooth streaming, blind spot monitoring, interior design and comfortable seats.

None

By nanakuli

2013 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have over 100,000 miles on mine and I don't want to part with it. Pros are the reliability, the smooth V-6 on the highway, the visibility from the cabin, the ride on Primacy V-rated rubber, the mpg, the automatic a/c, the huge trunk, the cupholders. Cons are the slab-sided styling, the electric window only being auto up/down on the driver's side, no memory seats, hmmm, that's about it. Overall, the best beater back and forth to work car you could ever hope for. It's not a Lexus, but who (besides my wife) would use a Lexus for a beater?

2013 Camry - 2 days old
By grnmtnguy

2013 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I traded a 2005 Camry LE for the new 2013 Camry LE. Performance is about the same with the 4 cyl. automatic. Very responsive and I expect that the highway mileage should be about the same as experienced with the 2005, around 35 mpg. The seats are more comfortable than the 2005 - a major improvement. One very serious shortcoming is that there is NO way to lock the trunk. The valet key allows you to lock the glove compartment, but if you are traveling and have valuables in the trunk there is no way to protect them from theft if you leave the car in a valet parking lot, service provider or anywhere where the vehicle will be left in someone else's care. I consider this a serious oversight.

Nice and roomy interior overall. The dashboard electronic display is is a pleasant change and easy to use. The seats are comfortable. The LE sound system (not the premium sound system) sounds very good to my ears. We had the premium sound system in the 2005 Camry, but the road noise was so bad that premium or not, the sound system was so-so at best.

No way of locking the trunk is a very serious design flaw. Past Camrys that I've owned allowed the driver to lock the trunk by turning the trunk key so the key slot was in the horizontal position. This prevented the interior trunk release lever from opening the trunk and the valet key also would not open the trunk. That's all gone now in the 2013 Camry as there is no trunk key lock at all and anyone with access to the car's interior only has to lift the trunk release lever to access the trunk. Add info in the manual to inform the owner of how to change the windshield wiper blades. (there's a little cover that you have to pop up with a small screw driver in order to remove the blade).