Used 2013 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

My 3rd Camry
By camrygirl2

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my car a month ago & so far I am LOVING it! This is my 1st SE Model & I really like the style/handling better than the LE model. It's roomy enough for hubby, kids & myself. Very comfortable for long road trips. I love the interior. My legs don't feel crammed. Radio display is nice. My car didn't come with Entunes or navigation but I always use my cell phone for navigation & other apps. The 6 speakers sound great, could be a bit better for a 2013 but I'm satisfied. The bluetooth is awesome... loud & clear. I also like how the car display shows you your average speed, mpg & how many more miles you can drive with the gas you have in tank. The trunk is spacious. Great car,great deal!

Favorite Features

Body kit for SE. Interior. Fog Lights. Radio Touch Screen Display.Handling.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any right now.

Camry the best in the West n East.Next to my horse!
By talong_sayote

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My 2013 SE V6 Camry is perfect!Better than my X5 BMW that sucks a lot of gas.

Favorite Features

I like the POWER!Very very low noise.Very smooth,all leather,classy,very comfy seats,loaded n etc.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing.

2013 Camry XLE V6
By retired2013

2013 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our newest Camry seven months ago, and have driven it 13,000 miles now. This is our third Camry so we must like them. The 2013 V6 is very fast. The 2013 XLE seems lighter and more nimble than our 2002 XLE. The gas mileage is good and the car is definitely comfortable. The steering is quicker than prior models, and this model feels better balanced than prior year models too. Overall a fantastic car to get from Point A to Point B in comfort and safety with attractive styling.

Favorite Features

The blind spot indicators and rearview camera are very helpful and will definitely lower accident rates. We picked up a nail in one tire and the low pressure indicator was helpful. The windshield wipers work more efficiently than our 2002 Camry. The cruise control works really well, but incremental speed adjustments while driving would be helpful.

Suggested Improvements

I miss the foot rest to the left of the pedals, which was comfortable on a long trip. The faux wood is less attractive than our 2002. More padding in the seats would be a nice. We're not big fans of the keyless on/off button as it makes it more complex to listen to the radio, etc. when stopped. The quality of the leather in the seats does not seem to be as thick as our 2002, but time will determine on how it holds up. The functionality of the navigation system is less than perfect, and the designers should try driving long distances with it and making changes while driving. Cruise control speed adjustments should be more like the Chevy Malibu.

By nanakuli

2013 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have over 100,000 miles on mine and I don't want to part with it. Pros are the reliability, the smooth V-6 on the highway, the visibility from the cabin, the ride on Primacy V-rated rubber, the mpg, the automatic a/c, the huge trunk, the cupholders. Cons are the slab-sided styling, the electric window only being auto up/down on the driver's side, no memory seats, hmmm, that's about it. Overall, the best beater back and forth to work car you could ever hope for. It's not a Lexus, but who (besides my wife) would use a Lexus for a beater?

2013 Camry - 2 days old
By grnmtnguy

2013 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I traded a 2005 Camry LE for the new 2013 Camry LE. Performance is about the same with the 4 cyl. automatic. Very responsive and I expect that the highway mileage should be about the same as experienced with the 2005, around 35 mpg. The seats are more comfortable than the 2005 - a major improvement. One very serious shortcoming is that there is NO way to lock the trunk. The valet key allows you to lock the glove compartment, but if you are traveling and have valuables in the trunk there is no way to protect them from theft if you leave the car in a valet parking lot, service provider or anywhere where the vehicle will be left in someone else's care. I consider this a serious oversight.

Favorite Features

Nice and roomy interior overall. The dashboard electronic display is is a pleasant change and easy to use. The seats are comfortable. The LE sound system (not the premium sound system) sounds very good to my ears. We had the premium sound system in the 2005 Camry, but the road noise was so bad that premium or not, the sound system was so-so at best.

Suggested Improvements

No way of locking the trunk is a very serious design flaw. Past Camrys that I've owned allowed the driver to lock the trunk by turning the trunk key so the key slot was in the horizontal position. This prevented the interior trunk release lever from opening the trunk and the valet key also would not open the trunk. That's all gone now in the 2013 Camry as there is no trunk key lock at all and anyone with access to the car's interior only has to lift the trunk release lever to access the trunk. Add info in the manual to inform the owner of how to change the windshield wiper blades. (there's a little cover that you have to pop up with a small screw driver in order to remove the blade).