2013 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
My 1st Camry
By vminghelli on 04/30/13 18:19 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I picked the Camry SE over other sedans in it's class after driving the Fusion, Charger, and the Malibu. The reason I picked the Camry was based on options and price. Our has just about every option except the v6. It has the moon roof, leather, nav and rear back up camera. The sticker was 27,000 and some change but the dealer took off 3,000 right off the bat. So for 24Gs we got a sporty car with paddle shifters that is fun to drive. The 4 banger feels much bigger and shifts smooth. Car feels and rides like a $40,000 lux sedan. The car rides very well and is quite on the highway. It is the first Toyota we have owned and I can say it wont be the last. Sorry Ford.

People who don't like this car have never owned one!
By mani_o on 08/17/13 20:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I considered all the usual suspects before my purchase- Accord, Sonata, mazda6, Optima, Altima and one by one they all fell off the list and the Camry was left because of its comfortable interior, quality and good looks. I bought a '13 White Camry SE and everyone said this car looks great. My friends and family look the interior and say the outside looks good with sporty lines. Do not listen to the haters! I'm glad they are talking so much smack about how "dull and boring" it is. Well for the people who drive BMW's and Porches everyday you might be able to complain. You have got to be really spoiled not to like this car. I got the car i could afford and for the money this is the best!

First Camry for me
By metro21 on 08/30/13 15:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Got a great deal from Toyota- 0% APR for 60 months, no payments for 90 days and a killer deal. Who can say no to that? I bought the SE model 4 cyl. loaded with the $3600 everything package. Did I mention the 2 year/ 24k mile all maintenance free plan? After 3 months and 6k miles, very impressed with the Camry. Glad I got it over the Accord.

Great Car but...
By michael190 on 11/17/13 18:13 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I guess it depends on what you are looking for...I love the car and I believe compared to anything else out there the Camry is best in class with a qualification. 1). I don't like plastic everywhere. But if the plastic outlasts the components of competitors who cares? Otherwise, I purchased my Camry because it was practical, fun, fast, reliable, economical, entertaining, and cool. While other competitors may have less plastic, their cars don't last as long. I am a little concerned about the consumer reports issue, but thus far, my Camry is aces. I have put 40k on it in 1.5 years and it gets over 32 easy on the highway! At 80 mph the tach reads about 2050 or thereabouts!

10K Miles and No Complaints
By rurod on 04/25/14 11:56 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Barcelona Red 2013 Camry SE last August and have enjoyed the car immensely! I recently went in for the 10K Service, which so far services for the first two years of the car are paid by Toyota. The car's ride is excellent, however the car does not absorb some of the badder bumps on the road due to the sports suspension. Handling is good, not too much lean in turns, and goes where you point it. I drove the other non SE Camry models and the ride in those was too soft and mushy. I fully expect this car to be reliable and long lasting - I tend to keep my cars forever.

Overall the best value in its segment
By zramil on 07/26/13 11:31 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Over 3,000km (1,875mi) so far and very happy with my choice. Not a perfect car but it does everything well for its segment at a great price. Tighter handling, better interior materials and dashboard design would be nice but this is a mid-sized family sedan for value minded customers, not BMW 5 series and Toyota did a good job with this generation. I haven't had popping roof noise, AC odor and rattling dashboard issues that some drivers complained about. V6 has a very generous amount of power and most people would be perfectly fine with I4. Transmission shifts smoothly. Cabin is very quiet on Michelin tires. Ride comfort is great. I highly recommend the SE trim.

Good car, great value
By roar02ram on 10/13/13 21:17 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The title says it all - this car is an excellent value. It rides well, handles decently, is comfortable, has a few cool features, is sturdily constructed, gets acceptable fuel economy (particularly considering the performance), and is roomy. It does all of the important things well or well enough, with no major flaws and zero irritants. Plus, in SE V-6 trim, the engine supplies a few thrills and the car handles/steers well enough to keep up when you want to do more than commute. Bottomline, it ain't a sports sedan, and it ain't a luxury car, either. But for what the SE V-6 is and for what Toyota charges for it, it really is the best thing out there.

City MPG doesn't match
By zipper6 on 07/29/13 15:09 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car 3 weeks ago, I like everything about this 2013 CAMRY SE except the advertised MPG and exterior. We had a good deal from the dealer that's the reason I bought this. MPG advertised for CITY is little misleading for what I have noticed. 3 weeks close to 800 miles now and car give me 18-20 Avg in city. 25 MPG only if their are no lights and no stop sign. On HWY I get 40 MPG if I drive 65 miles on cruise. If I drive 70+ MGP goes down to 35-38. So I am happy cruising on 65 :) but little mad when driving in city :( Exterior looks little cheap than compared to my 1997 old camry i told 4 years go. Overall its a good car and hope it stays reliable like everyone says.

Sharp Economical Grocery Getter!
By mitchselect on 04/13/13 08:44 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just purchased brand new base SE yesterday. And my original opinion was Hey, its a Camry (not offensive but not inspiring either).....but after purchase and driving and looking at it more, I find myself wanting to go places in it. The drive ride and handling are excellent (make sure you get one with the much better Michelin tires not the Bridgestones) both are being used from the factory and my dealer cheerfully switched them, no charge! Build quality and reliability are based on expectations, but i feel comfortable in that as this is a Camry. I am 6'2" 300lb. and feel very comfortable in it.

Handles well, underpowered
By sendme on 01/09/14 04:06 AM (PST)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

6 months of use. Changed from Honda coupe (V6, manual 6) to 4dr, 4cyl Auto. Firm ride but power steering too strong for good tracking and feedback. City stop/go driving gets 35-30 mpg, interstate driving 33-36 mpg. 2 trips (1 hour, 4 hours) with more go than stopping and less than 65 mph gave over 40 mpg. With cruise control turned on and going uphill, the computer downshifts from 6th gear to 4th gear AND then figures out it only needs to be in 5th gear. Transmission logic needs adjustment. 4 cylinder is slightly underpowered but manual shifting helps.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota Camry in VA is:

$145 per month*