Used 2013 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Static on Radio when using Rear Defrost since purchased
By toyotaowner13

2013 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is our 2nd Toyota Camry, the first being a 2004 with 150k and still running well. The 2013 Toyota Camry has had issues with the radio having lots of static when using the rear defrost. Last winter the dealer looked at this and did not believe it was an issue however you only seem to notice it in the cooler months when using the rear defrost. Have any other 2013 Toyota Camry customers experienced that issue?

10K Miles and No Complaints
By rurod

2013 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Barcelona Red 2013 Camry SE last August and have enjoyed the car immensely! I recently went in for the 10K Service, which so far services for the first two years of the car are paid by Toyota. The car's ride is excellent, however the car does not absorb some of the badder bumps on the road due to the sports suspension. Handling is good, not too much lean in turns, and goes where you point it. I drove the other non SE Camry models and the ride in those was too soft and mushy. I fully expect this car to be reliable and long lasting - I tend to keep my cars forever.

Very roomy interior with good quality materials. Bluetooth setup and connectivity is excellent. Visibility is top notch. Sound system actually sounds pretty good! Mileage about 28-29 combined to/from work. My test run from Citrus Heights to Huntington Beach (about 400 miles all freeway) yielded about 36mpg at 70-75mph. I tend to drive it easy around town, no pedal-to-the-medal starts or last second hard braking.

Steering wheel controls (for speed control, lights, sound, etc.) are numerous and confusing at first. I actually had to read the manual for some of the stuff - should be intuitive. Ditto the touch screen system for the audio, though after a while it was ok.

Hope it Lasts
By twistedf8

2013 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

First Camry purchase. Not impressed with the cheap carpet in the SE (shines like cardboard after the first vacuum) the seat material is sub-par as well. Gas mileage is 23.8 MPG. I bought the car at a discount like so many other posters have mentioned. I won't complain about the price. For a 4 cyl, it does have the ability to accelerate well. I wish I was getting the mileage many other folks are reporting and I'd overlook the cheap interior. I live on a 50 MPH road and the car rarely sees a traffic light. Buyer beware on the mileage and interior. Otherwise it is a nice car. I'm hoping it lasts as long as people say they do.

Seats 5 comfortably

Fix the automatic transmission so I don't have to choose the gear that gets the best mileage.

Gas Millage is Not Good.
By surge3

2013 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased the SE 4 cyl. This car has only given me an average of 350 miles for a full tank of gas. The most I have ever got was about 400 MPG on cruse control (about 70 mph) at midnight from Las Vegas to Southern California, yes I purposely filled-up the tank and measured it, with no traffic. I drive the car with a light foot on the gas to try and get the most MPG out of it and still only about 21-22mpg. I also fill it up with the highest octane but only 21-22 mpg. I also don't hit much traffic since I drive on the freeway before and after traffic hours. I have taken it back to Toyota and they just tell me that nothing is wrong with the car. I plan on following-up again with them.

The pros on this car is that it has a smooth drive. Provided that all the windows are up, you will have a quiet ride inside a smooth driving car.

Fix the MPG on this car. Also, if only the two back windows are rolled down, you will get a vibrating type of sound through the car (obviously from the wind). Find a way to minimize this noise, since it becomes annoying and it's better to just roll the back windows up.

By dmedress

2013 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased the Camry SE 3.5 Fully Loaded in November 2013. I test drove many other vehicles before making a decision on the Camry SE. Prior to buying the Camry I drove 2003 Honda Accord that was bought new ended putting 140k. The Honda was in perfect mechanical condition but decided it was time to buy a newer car that had updated comfort features and the latest technology. After all the research and test driving I chose the Camry because you get more for less. The Toyota Care and roadside assistance sealed the deal. MPG is great considering it's the 3.5

Driving the Camry is fun especially using the paddle shifters. The car is very responsive and lots of power when needed. The leather package is super nice, I have had many complements. Setting up the Sync was simple and really easy to use. Having the blind spot monitor is a must and the push button engine start is very cool. Toyota did a great job with the design both inside and out. No longer does the Camry look frumpy. Try it you will be surprised.

None at this time...