2013 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
10K Miles and No Complaints
By rurod on 04/25/14 11:56 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Barcelona Red 2013 Camry SE last August and have enjoyed the car immensely! I recently went in for the 10K Service, which so far services for the first two years of the car are paid by Toyota. The car's ride is excellent, however the car does not absorb some of the badder bumps on the road due to the sports suspension. Handling is good, not too much lean in turns, and goes where you point it. I drove the other non SE Camry models and the ride in those was too soft and mushy. I fully expect this car to be reliable and long lasting - I tend to keep my cars forever.

Hope it Lasts
By twistedf8 on 03/24/14 10:00 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

First Camry purchase. Not impressed with the cheap carpet in the SE (shines like cardboard after the first vacuum) the seat material is sub-par as well. Gas mileage is 23.8 MPG. I bought the car at a discount like so many other posters have mentioned. I won't complain about the price. For a 4 cyl, it does have the ability to accelerate well. I wish I was getting the mileage many other folks are reporting and I'd overlook the cheap interior. I live on a 50 MPH road and the car rarely sees a traffic light. Buyer beware on the mileage and interior. Otherwise it is a nice car. I'm hoping it lasts as long as people say they do.

Gas Millage is Not Good.
By surge3 on 02/19/14 00:05 AM (PST)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased the SE 4 cyl. This car has only given me an average of 350 miles for a full tank of gas. The most I have ever got was about 400 MPG on cruse control (about 70 mph) at midnight from Las Vegas to Southern California, yes I purposely filled-up the tank and measured it, with no traffic. I drive the car with a light foot on the gas to try and get the most MPG out of it and still only about 21-22mpg. I also fill it up with the highest octane but only 21-22 mpg. I also don't hit much traffic since I drive on the freeway before and after traffic hours. I have taken it back to Toyota and they just tell me that nothing is wrong with the car. I plan on following-up again with them.

Handles well, underpowered
By sendme on 01/09/14 04:06 AM (PST)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

6 months of use. Changed from Honda coupe (V6, manual 6) to 4dr, 4cyl Auto. Firm ride but power steering too strong for good tracking and feedback. City stop/go driving gets 35-30 mpg, interstate driving 33-36 mpg. 2 trips (1 hour, 4 hours) with more go than stopping and less than 65 mph gave over 40 mpg. With cruise control turned on and going uphill, the computer downshifts from 6th gear to 4th gear AND then figures out it only needs to be in 5th gear. Transmission logic needs adjustment. 4 cylinder is slightly underpowered but manual shifting helps.

No more Tire Pressue display?
By nlwalden on 10/07/13 06:40 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2012 SE for my daughter. I liked it well enough to buy a 2013 for myself. The only differences between this year's and last year's models I've noticed are two: 1) 2013 has the lane-changer blinker function. On the highway, flick the blinker arm and the blinker blinks three times without having to hold the arm down. Nice feature. 2) This is really annoying. On the 2012, you got two options when you pressed the Car button: Fuel Consumption and Tire Pressure. On the 2013, they've somehow gotten rid of the Tire Pressure display. Now the only way to check tire pressure is the old fashioned way. Unless it didn't work well, I can's see why they got rid of that function.

Overall good choice for mid sized sedan
By mossimo142 on 09/12/13 14:00 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was deciding between the Camry and Chevy Malibu. I went with the Camry due to the rear leg room and resale value. I don't necessarily agree with Toyota having a higher resale value because the Malibu felt like it was built better. The dash on the Camry seems cheap and the parts don't fit perfectly causing wiggle room when pressed against. The seats are also not comfortable for trips longer than 30 minutes. They feel like generic foam, offering little support even with lumbar. The MPG calculator consistently registers 1-2 MPGs higher than what the car actually gets. This is somewhat disappointing, but I still average around 31 with 75% highway driving.

First Camry for me
By metro21 on 08/30/13 15:05 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Got a great deal from Toyota- 0% APR for 60 months, no payments for 90 days and a killer deal. Who can say no to that? I bought the SE model 4 cyl. loaded with the $3600 everything package. Did I mention the 2 year/ 24k mile all maintenance free plan? After 3 months and 6k miles, very impressed with the Camry. Glad I got it over the Accord.

People who don't like this car have never owned one!
By mani_o on 08/17/13 20:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I considered all the usual suspects before my purchase- Accord, Sonata, mazda6, Optima, Altima and one by one they all fell off the list and the Camry was left because of its comfortable interior, quality and good looks. I bought a '13 White Camry SE and everyone said this car looks great. My friends and family look the interior and say the outside looks good with sporty lines. Do not listen to the haters! I'm glad they are talking so much smack about how "dull and boring" it is. Well for the people who drive BMW's and Porches everyday you might be able to complain. You have got to be really spoiled not to like this car. I got the car i could afford and for the money this is the best!

City MPG doesn't match
By zipper6 on 07/29/13 15:09 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car 3 weeks ago, I like everything about this 2013 CAMRY SE except the advertised MPG and exterior. We had a good deal from the dealer that's the reason I bought this. MPG advertised for CITY is little misleading for what I have noticed. 3 weeks close to 800 miles now and car give me 18-20 Avg in city. 25 MPG only if their are no lights and no stop sign. On HWY I get 40 MPG if I drive 65 miles on cruise. If I drive 70+ MGP goes down to 35-38. So I am happy cruising on 65 :) but little mad when driving in city :( Exterior looks little cheap than compared to my 1997 old camry i told 4 years go. Overall its a good car and hope it stays reliable like everyone says.

Best in CLASS and Value
By vetsrred on 07/09/13 17:15 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

"I just purchased a 2013 Camry SE with a MSRP of $25,398 for $19,877. I drove 620 miles to buy at this price as dealers in St. Louis area wanted $3,000 more! The value of this car speaks for itself. I would describe myself as a car nut and the Camry SE looks, handling, ride, 6 speed trans, interior are all SUPERIOR to anything in it's class. I also like the touch screen radio/trip computer with steering wheel controls. I drove a Hyundai Sonata (Cheap and unrefined compared to the Camry and steering hunts on the highway). I also drove the new Honda Accord (CVT very loud and unrefined (not a CVT fan), bumpy ride, and cheap interior materials). The Camry SE is a no brainer and my gas mileage th

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota Camry in VA is:

$148 per month*