Used 2013 Toyota Camry SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2013 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Most Helpful|
10K Miles and No Complaints
By rurod

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Barcelona Red 2013 Camry SE last August and have enjoyed the car immensely! I recently went in for the 10K Service, which so far services for the first two years of the car are paid by Toyota. The car's ride is excellent, however the car does not absorb some of the badder bumps on the road due to the sports suspension. Handling is good, not too much lean in turns, and goes where you point it. I drove the other non SE Camry models and the ride in those was too soft and mushy. I fully expect this car to be reliable and long lasting - I tend to keep my cars forever.

Favorite Features

Very roomy interior with good quality materials. Bluetooth setup and connectivity is excellent. Visibility is top notch. Sound system actually sounds pretty good! Mileage about 28-29 combined to/from work. My test run from Citrus Heights to Huntington Beach (about 400 miles all freeway) yielded about 36mpg at 70-75mph. I tend to drive it easy around town, no pedal-to-the-medal starts or last second hard braking.

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel controls (for speed control, lights, sound, etc.) are numerous and confusing at first. I actually had to read the manual for some of the stuff - should be intuitive. Ditto the touch screen system for the audio, though after a while it was ok.

Hope it Lasts
By twistedf8

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

First Camry purchase. Not impressed with the cheap carpet in the SE (shines like cardboard after the first vacuum) the seat material is sub-par as well. Gas mileage is 23.8 MPG. I bought the car at a discount like so many other posters have mentioned. I won't complain about the price. For a 4 cyl, it does have the ability to accelerate well. I wish I was getting the mileage many other folks are reporting and I'd overlook the cheap interior. I live on a 50 MPH road and the car rarely sees a traffic light. Buyer beware on the mileage and interior. Otherwise it is a nice car. I'm hoping it lasts as long as people say they do.

Favorite Features

Seats 5 comfortably

Suggested Improvements

Fix the automatic transmission so I don't have to choose the gear that gets the best mileage.

Gas Millage is Not Good.
By surge3

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased the SE 4 cyl. This car has only given me an average of 350 miles for a full tank of gas. The most I have ever got was about 400 MPG on cruse control (about 70 mph) at midnight from Las Vegas to Southern California, yes I purposely filled-up the tank and measured it, with no traffic. I drive the car with a light foot on the gas to try and get the most MPG out of it and still only about 21-22mpg. I also fill it up with the highest octane but only 21-22 mpg. I also don't hit much traffic since I drive on the freeway before and after traffic hours. I have taken it back to Toyota and they just tell me that nothing is wrong with the car. I plan on following-up again with them.

Favorite Features

The pros on this car is that it has a smooth drive. Provided that all the windows are up, you will have a quiet ride inside a smooth driving car.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the MPG on this car. Also, if only the two back windows are rolled down, you will get a vibrating type of sound through the car (obviously from the wind). Find a way to minimize this noise, since it becomes annoying and it's better to just roll the back windows up.

Handles well, underpowered
By sendme

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

6 months of use. Changed from Honda coupe (V6, manual 6) to 4dr, 4cyl Auto. Firm ride but power steering too strong for good tracking and feedback. City stop/go driving gets 35-30 mpg, interstate driving 33-36 mpg. 2 trips (1 hour, 4 hours) with more go than stopping and less than 65 mph gave over 40 mpg. With cruise control turned on and going uphill, the computer downshifts from 6th gear to 4th gear AND then figures out it only needs to be in 5th gear. Transmission logic needs adjustment. 4 cylinder is slightly underpowered but manual shifting helps.

Favorite Features

SE body panels look sporty and interior changes are a step above any of the "L" versions.

Suggested Improvements

Toyota could/should separate and "de-package" the option list. Can't get extras without undesirable options. Improve the transmission logic. Reduce the too strong power steering to improve handling/feedback.

No more Tire Pressue display?
By nlwalden

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2012 SE for my daughter. I liked it well enough to buy a 2013 for myself. The only differences between this year's and last year's models I've noticed are two: 1) 2013 has the lane-changer blinker function. On the highway, flick the blinker arm and the blinker blinks three times without having to hold the arm down. Nice feature. 2) This is really annoying. On the 2012, you got two options when you pressed the Car button: Fuel Consumption and Tire Pressure. On the 2013, they've somehow gotten rid of the Tire Pressure display. Now the only way to check tire pressure is the old fashioned way. Unless it didn't work well, I can's see why they got rid of that function.

Suggested Improvements

Gimme the Tire Pressure display back!!