Used 2013 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

A Great Vehicle
By smoothsailing1

2013 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have owned this car 8 months. Went with the Camry after driving some of the competition, as the Camry was the best overall fit for me. Drove several versions of the 2013 Honda Accord sedan, but the sound system, radio and navigation system in the Accords are having major problems with the navigation locking up, radio pre-sets failing and the sound is just not up to par with other sedans. Stayed with the V6 and am averaging 33-34 mpg on the highway. The blind spot monitor is so very practical and works perfectly. The 2013 Toyota Camry is a well designed and implemented package - it does everything well; drivability, comfort, technology, mpg and ergonomics. Toyota gets a A+ on this one.

Favorite Features

Transmission, V6, Navigation system, blue tooth streaming, blind spot monitoring, interior design and comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

None

By dmedress

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased the Camry SE 3.5 Fully Loaded in November 2013. I test drove many other vehicles before making a decision on the Camry SE. Prior to buying the Camry I drove 2003 Honda Accord that was bought new ended putting 140k. The Honda was in perfect mechanical condition but decided it was time to buy a newer car that had updated comfort features and the latest technology. After all the research and test driving I chose the Camry because you get more for less. The Toyota Care and roadside assistance sealed the deal. MPG is great considering it's the 3.5

Favorite Features

Driving the Camry is fun especially using the paddle shifters. The car is very responsive and lots of power when needed. The leather package is super nice, I have had many complements. Setting up the Sync was simple and really easy to use. Having the blind spot monitor is a must and the push button engine start is very cool. Toyota did a great job with the design both inside and out. No longer does the Camry look frumpy. Try it you will be surprised.

Suggested Improvements

None at this time...

I went with the Camry.
By bach229

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After 1100 miles, I have to say this car is great. The SE handles better than the other Camrys and is fun to drive. Excellent transmission! No CVT, of which I'm not a fan. Very comfortable seats, good sound system, feels fast for a 4 cylinder. Love the interior layout, very roomy. Averaging 31 mpg so far in mixed driving. I drove Accord, Altima, Sonata, Optima, and Mazda 6 but liked this best of all.

Favorite Features

Seats, dash layout, handling.

Suggested Improvements

key starter is too low on dash, keys sometimes hit my knee. Add a back up camera, which is standard on Accord.

Best in CLASS and Value
By vetsrred

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

"I just purchased a 2013 Camry SE with a MSRP of $25,398 for $19,877. I drove 620 miles to buy at this price as dealers in St. Louis area wanted $3,000 more! The value of this car speaks for itself. I would describe myself as a car nut and the Camry SE looks, handling, ride, 6 speed trans, interior are all SUPERIOR to anything in it's class. I also like the touch screen radio/trip computer with steering wheel controls. I drove a Hyundai Sonata (Cheap and unrefined compared to the Camry and steering hunts on the highway). I also drove the new Honda Accord (CVT very loud and unrefined (not a CVT fan), bumpy ride, and cheap interior materials). The Camry SE is a no brainer and my gas mileage th

Favorite Features

Everything.

Suggested Improvements

Needs lights on visor vanity mirrors,

2013 Camry XLE V6
By retired2013

2013 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our newest Camry seven months ago, and have driven it 13,000 miles now. This is our third Camry so we must like them. The 2013 V6 is very fast. The 2013 XLE seems lighter and more nimble than our 2002 XLE. The gas mileage is good and the car is definitely comfortable. The steering is quicker than prior models, and this model feels better balanced than prior year models too. Overall a fantastic car to get from Point A to Point B in comfort and safety with attractive styling.

Favorite Features

The blind spot indicators and rearview camera are very helpful and will definitely lower accident rates. We picked up a nail in one tire and the low pressure indicator was helpful. The windshield wipers work more efficiently than our 2002 Camry. The cruise control works really well, but incremental speed adjustments while driving would be helpful.

Suggested Improvements

I miss the foot rest to the left of the pedals, which was comfortable on a long trip. The faux wood is less attractive than our 2002. More padding in the seats would be a nice. We're not big fans of the keyless on/off button as it makes it more complex to listen to the radio, etc. when stopped. The quality of the leather in the seats does not seem to be as thick as our 2002, but time will determine on how it holds up. The functionality of the navigation system is less than perfect, and the designers should try driving long distances with it and making changes while driving. Cruise control speed adjustments should be more like the Chevy Malibu.