2013 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
10K Miles and No Complaints
By rurod on 04/25/14 11:56 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Barcelona Red 2013 Camry SE last August and have enjoyed the car immensely! I recently went in for the 10K Service, which so far services for the first two years of the car are paid by Toyota. The car's ride is excellent, however the car does not absorb some of the badder bumps on the road due to the sports suspension. Handling is good, not too much lean in turns, and goes where you point it. I drove the other non SE Camry models and the ride in those was too soft and mushy. I fully expect this car to be reliable and long lasting - I tend to keep my cars forever.

Hope it Lasts
By twistedf8 on 03/24/14 10:00 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

First Camry purchase. Not impressed with the cheap carpet in the SE (shines like cardboard after the first vacuum) the seat material is sub-par as well. Gas mileage is 23.8 MPG. I bought the car at a discount like so many other posters have mentioned. I won't complain about the price. For a 4 cyl, it does have the ability to accelerate well. I wish I was getting the mileage many other folks are reporting and I'd overlook the cheap interior. I live on a 50 MPH road and the car rarely sees a traffic light. Buyer beware on the mileage and interior. Otherwise it is a nice car. I'm hoping it lasts as long as people say they do.

Gas Millage is Not Good.
By surge3 on 02/19/14 00:05 AM (PST)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased the SE 4 cyl. This car has only given me an average of 350 miles for a full tank of gas. The most I have ever got was about 400 MPG on cruse control (about 70 mph) at midnight from Las Vegas to Southern California, yes I purposely filled-up the tank and measured it, with no traffic. I drive the car with a light foot on the gas to try and get the most MPG out of it and still only about 21-22mpg. I also fill it up with the highest octane but only 21-22 mpg. I also don't hit much traffic since I drive on the freeway before and after traffic hours. I have taken it back to Toyota and they just tell me that nothing is wrong with the car. I plan on following-up again with them.

By dmedress on 01/22/14 11:15 AM (PST)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased the Camry SE 3.5 Fully Loaded in November 2013. I test drove many other vehicles before making a decision on the Camry SE. Prior to buying the Camry I drove 2003 Honda Accord that was bought new ended putting 140k. The Honda was in perfect mechanical condition but decided it was time to buy a newer car that had updated comfort features and the latest technology. After all the research and test driving I chose the Camry because you get more for less. The Toyota Care and roadside assistance sealed the deal. MPG is great considering it's the 3.5

Handles well, underpowered
By sendme on 01/09/14 04:06 AM (PST)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

6 months of use. Changed from Honda coupe (V6, manual 6) to 4dr, 4cyl Auto. Firm ride but power steering too strong for good tracking and feedback. City stop/go driving gets 35-30 mpg, interstate driving 33-36 mpg. 2 trips (1 hour, 4 hours) with more go than stopping and less than 65 mph gave over 40 mpg. With cruise control turned on and going uphill, the computer downshifts from 6th gear to 4th gear AND then figures out it only needs to be in 5th gear. Transmission logic needs adjustment. 4 cylinder is slightly underpowered but manual shifting helps.

Worst Car I have ever owned-Cheaply made
By gringo1210 on 01/07/14 12:38 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my third Camry and will be my last. The heat on this car takes 20 minutes to warm up, By the time it does I am at work. I was told this is standard for this car. The car has the WORST pickup ever. I can't even accelerate quickly if I need to get out of the way. I was told this is due to the econo button that cannot be shut off. It's cheaply made the fabric seats stain easily and when trying to clean water marks are left behind. Toyota refused to fix any of my problems. Today I went to the drive through and all my windows were frozen stuck, Between the lack of heat and no pick up and now the window problem I feel like I am driving around in a 15 year old car.

love this
By rockyview on 12/01/13 20:53 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned my Camry SE V6 with premium package for three months. Can't be happier. The car is quiet and accelerates fast, can't believe it coonsumes less fuel than my traded-in 2005 I4 hyundai sonata. Like the BSM and backup crossover warning feature, really useful.

2013 Camry XLE V6
By retired2013 on 11/22/13 15:34 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our newest Camry seven months ago, and have driven it 13,000 miles now. This is our third Camry so we must like them. The 2013 V6 is very fast. The 2013 XLE seems lighter and more nimble than our 2002 XLE. The gas mileage is good and the car is definitely comfortable. The steering is quicker than prior models, and this model feels better balanced than prior year models too. Overall a fantastic car to get from Point A to Point B in comfort and safety with attractive styling.

3 of 16,513 people found this review helpful
unsafe car
By miriamg on 11/19/13 18:24 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a brand new 2013 Toyota Camry 2 months ago. The car keeps stalling out even while driving on a highway. I have almost been involved in a serious accident as a result. Toyota can't seem to get to the bottom of this matter. In the interim I am very frustrated as I am getting the run around between the manufacturer and the dealer. I plan on pursuing NJ Lemon Law in attempt to have my car replaced.

Great Car but...
By michael190 on 11/17/13 18:13 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I guess it depends on what you are looking for...I love the car and I believe compared to anything else out there the Camry is best in class with a qualification. 1). I don't like plastic everywhere. But if the plastic outlasts the components of competitors who cares? Otherwise, I purchased my Camry because it was practical, fun, fast, reliable, economical, entertaining, and cool. While other competitors may have less plastic, their cars don't last as long. I am a little concerned about the consumer reports issue, but thus far, my Camry is aces. I have put 40k on it in 1.5 years and it gets over 32 easy on the highway! At 80 mph the tach reads about 2050 or thereabouts!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota Camry in VA is:

$142 per month*