2012 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Regrets

2012 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

Regrets
By genevah on

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2011 Camry and that was a big mistake! Sales pitch was I would get much better mileage, Not! Just barely getting 25 combined and driving it the same as the 2011 which was getting 33 combined. Hate it because of that. Hope to trade it soon.

Favorite Features

Power Seat

Suggested Improvements

Pad the seats better.
By drjjjj
on 10/30/12 15:00 PM (PDT)

Consumer reports got 41mpg in 2012 LE http://autos.yahoo.com/news/the-over-40-mpg-club--overachievers-that-beat-epa-fuel-economy-ratings-.html So, I'd say you're a lead foot or have mice in your air filter box or a screw loose!

By mcdawgg
on 10/08/12 19:07 PM (PDT)

Better miles per gallon is NOT a sales pitch. The EPA tested it in a controlled setting, and the 2012 is rated higher than the 2011. There were several changes to the engine tuning and transmission gear ratios to get better mpg. Why would you trade it? You lose HUGE sums of money trading in a nearly new car. Even if it does get less mpg. Do the math. I think you will see that your 2012 does get better mpg. You can't just look at a tank or two, especially when a car is new (<3,000 miles). MPG complaints is something that I read about on EVERY make and model car. You have to remember that there is a HUGE amount of variables that go into mpg. Give it time.

By horsebytes
on 09/19/12 09:44 AM (PDT)

I agree about the mileage. Mine is only getting 26 at best on the highway. I'm hoping after the first oil change that it gets better.