Great car but not for Northern Climates
By ykmichae on
2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I'm writing this after 8 months (7,000 km) of ownership. I live in far northern Canada. Other than the behavior of the car at extreme cold (-35C and below) and the problems I describe below with the keyless entry, I'd highly recommend the car to anyone. Can't see how you can get better driving enjoyment and value at this price.
Favorite Features
-Michelin pilot tires are quiet, best tires I've ever had. -3.5L V6 is flawless,. Quiet, smooth & really fast -Highway gas mileage is as advertised -Interior finish, very comfortable for long trips -amazing steering feel and handling for a Camry
Suggested Improvements
Keyless entry is not compatible with aftermarket extended range remote starts and you cannot leave the engine running unattended with the doors locked, which presents a major security problem in a cold winter environment. Sitting in a old car at -40c waiting for it to warm up is a real drag. Car structurally creaks and groans a lot, even after the car has warmed up, at exterior temperatures of -35C and colder. City gas mileage is not as claimed. 12.6l/100km is about the norm when you're easy on the pedal.