Former Corolla Owner - This Feels Like Real Luxury
By steve6206 on
2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
2012 Camry SE. I must be different because I find the exterior quite elegant, not at all humdrum like the Honda and Hyundai offerings. Interior is very spacious, especially in the rear and even with the front seat fairly far back. Overall fit and finish is excellent (especially the leather), everything lines up nicely. One quibble is the plastic with the metal finish behind the gear box, could have been a little more robust, doesnít give off a solid sound when tapping on it. Ride is very smooth, engine whisper quiet and there was no wind noise (some people reported this). I like the "ECO" feature (which you can disable), with some practice Iíve been able to keep it on quite a bit, canít wait to see the mileage. For the price, more car than I expected.
Favorite Features
Luxury sedan feel, responsive steering, nicely stiched leather. Impossibility of locking keys inside car, roomy interior and comfortable seating.
Suggested Improvements
Just some minor quibbles, I'm very happy with the car. Trunk could be bigger but I wouldn't compromise if it meant less rear leg room. The interior is much nicer than the 2011 model, why not finish it off by replacing the metallic looking plastic with something a tad fancier?