Expected More
By toter1 on
2012 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
Have 4000 miles on the car. In general its a good car to drive. On the highway the car handles well. I have always bought Toyotas for quiet rides but this car has a higher level of road noise than I expected on the highway. Good mileage but difficult to get rated 35 gpm at 70 mph. Car came with Low Rolling Resistance, LRR, tires with a wear rating of only 260. I probably wont get 30000 miles on a set of tires. Entune display system monitors tire pressure on all four tires. The only problem it doesnt show the location of the tire whose pressure is low. Only that one is low. You have to check each tire using tire gauge to find the low tire if not visibly low.
Suggested Improvements
Many of Camry's competitors have direct injection engines or will be introducing them in the fall with their redesigns. Camry should of had one. I cant believe their engineering is behind the other manufacturers in this area. Needs a 12v outlet in the trunk area also a mileage reset when opening gas door
By tlchouston
on 06/09/12 13:58 PM (PDT)

I just bought a 2012 XLE. The salesman told me the tire pressures are for front driver, front passenger, rear driver and rear passenger sides tires respectively. I wonder if the owner's manual has listed that already; it should.

By toter1
on 06/13/12 10:21 AM (PDT)

Negative. In my car from left to right symbol- RR, LF, LR, RF. Check it out by increasing tire pressure and see which tire pressure goes up. Why the tire icons weren't labeled I have no idea.