Dim headlights
By mozart2012xle on
2012 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
just got new 2012 camry xle -v6. I'm very disappointed with the headlights, they appear bright when you look at them, not as bright as my 2005 camry . I even brought a set of after market bulbs sylvania utra they also appear to be very bright when you look at them but from the drivers seat they do not light up the roadway as i believe they should. drove 35 miles the other night with the high beams on all the way and not one on coming driver flashed their lights back at me. in my05 i have had people flash their lights at me when i just had on low beams. took the car back to the toyota body shop guy checked the headlight adjusted them still to dim, looks like i'll be doing less night driving
Favorite Features
smooth v-6 engine great power
Suggested Improvements
the center vents on the dash cannot be closed completely, like the end ones. have climate control and cold air blows out in the winter once the tempture heat setting is reach 72-75degrees, the car rides alot rougher/stiffter and is alot noiser inside while driving compared to my 2005 camry why ???? headlights to dim!!!!!!! seats not as wide or as comfortable as my 2005. do not like the engine tempeture sliding bar graph. what was wrong with the old style needle type? If i would have driven this car at night or more further than around the block i would not have brought it. my2005 is a better car than the 2012 in many ways , looks like my wife will have to drive this buckboard.
By car_nut74
on 03/29/13 21:03 PM (PDT)

I also hated the dim headlights so I modified some H9 bulbs to fit where the stock H11 bulbs go. It is easy to do.. all you have to do is remove a small tab on the inside of the connector. I used a dremel tool with a small attachment for metal. Be warned that the stock bulbs are 55w and the H9 bulbs are 65w so they will load the wiring harness up a little more. Most have not had any problems, but I have read some people have. I also modified some brighter bulbs for my highbeams but I don't remember their part number. Just do a search on replace H11 bulb with H9.