2012 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: A good car but somewhat boring

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Review

A good car but somewhat boring
By toyo2012 on

2012 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I very much enjoy my Camry, particularly it mileage. On the highway, mileage has gone as high as 39 when driving a steady 59. In town, I get about 28, with an average of 30. For a car of its size, the mileage is great. The car rides quite well, and is generally smooth. My primary complaint is the constant wandering on the highway, as one needs to be making corrections all of the time to keep on going straight. The car just does not track well. Also, the paint quality leaves much to be desired, with spots and chips that are uncalled for in a car that has less than three thousand miles. My only other complaint is that the engine is not as quiet as the one on my previous Honda Accord.

Great mileage; excellent ride; headlights are outstanding. quietness of interior. Bluetooth features.

Toyota needs to work on the suspension geometry to make the car track better; rear vision leaves much to be desired. Engine noise, although not heard from the interior, is of some concern to me as the car sometime sounds like a Massey Ferguson Tractor. Quality of paint and dealer delivery leave much to be desired.