2012 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
great so far!
By camps67 on 03/06/12 10:46 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was not planning on buying a Camry. I looked at several cars; the Sonata, Equinox, Pilot, Optima.. My brother has a Toyota and talked me into going to the dealer. Photos of the car don't do it justice. In person it is much nicer and the interior has a classier look to it than several of the other cars I have seen. After I saw it I knew it was the car I wanted. I purchased the SE a week ago and I'm still on the same tank of gas. Drives very smooth!! I love the steering..a million times better than the Volvo I used to drive. I am very happy with this purchase.

2012 Camry LE Problem/Issue.
By rikki90 on 03/03/12 09:53 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I'm driving on a city road with 200 miles on the car. All of a sudden the check engine light comes on. And im like wtf. Then the traction control light comes on and i move to the right. A few seconds later the gas pedal becomes unresponsive sometimes giving acceleration sometimes not. Then the check oil light comes on. Keep in mind the other lights are still on. Once the oil light comes on i pull off to a side road and just as i do the car stops running. Dead silent. I turn the car off. Pop the hood and Check the oil dipstick and it reads full. All lights are off but check engine still on. I decide to drive it to the dealer. 3 days later, still no response from dealer.

Solid vehicle
By okc_al on 02/29/12 15:37 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the 4 cylinder SE 2 months ago and sitting 3000 miles. So far so good. 30 mpg with mixed driving. Both interior and exterior styling much better than previous model. Compared against the Sonata, Fusion, Cruze, Altima and we're so glad we went with the Camry.

I'm Loving It!!!
By linlil on 02/28/12 18:40 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2010 Hyundai Accent GLS, which I bought new in 2010, for a 2012 Toyota Camry SE in December 2011. I was highly disappointed with the Accent and the terrible quality/ driving experience. After researching the Honda Accord, Nissan Altima and the Sonata, decided none could compare to the overall value of the 2012 Camry. Especially, with the great ENTUNE system, silent engine/ driving experience and great MPG (29.7) avg (I have a gas heavy foot). Accelaration is quick and I only have the 4 cyl. What can I say, I'm in love with my 2012 Camry. P.S with all the leather trim on the dash and in the car, I don't know what cheap plastic others have complained about.

Can't beat em
By goinpstl on 02/16/12 19:14 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my second Camry (03) and sorry, but you just can't get a better mid-sized sedan anywhere. Improved styling inside and out.

Great all around car for performance and camry
By pennycali on 02/06/12 22:07 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the SE V6 after comparison shopping between a 2012 Acura TSX, Hyundai Sonata, and BMW 328i. I choose the Camry since it does everything well, a good value, and is reliable. It's not top of class in any category but overall bang for the buck, the Camry beats all of them. The Camry sport tuned suspension gives the car a sporty ride without being overly harsh like the BMW. The Camry's V6 is awesome. Smooth, powerful, and reliable. The Camry interior looks very upscale. There are some cheap plastic bits but it's 10K cheaper than the TSX. The Camry styling is bland I have to admit but let's see if Sonata's can make it to 150K miles reliability.

2012 LE Camry
By jetzooom on 02/03/12 08:42 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought it about 1 month ago...fun to drive, the handling is great...the gas milage is great (29.8) in town and hyway...the lumber automatic seats for the driver is fantastic and not usually found on this priced car..the car is very fast (4 cyl) and responsive and I love the bluetooth and steering wheel controled radio...Things that need improvement 1) door unlock button is small and in an ackward place. 2) the truck lid will come down and hit you in the head if your not careful. 3. the ac and heat controls need improvement.. I love to drive this car and traded in my caddy...it does not have the ride of the caddy but the gas milage more than makes up for it..

Smooth like a hot knife through butter....
By sis112010 on 01/27/12 14:30 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is a great car. The 4 cyl engine is smooth, and has plenty of power when you need it merging onto the interstate. It is also incredibly quiet. The interior is very classy looking and I am loving the touch screen radio and bluetooth. It has 10 standard airbags. It's hard to turn that down when you've got children. So far we are averaging 30 MPG in mixed driving conditions. I'm looking forward to see how high it goes on an extended trip. We test drove a lot of other brands but the 2012 Camry stood out as the best in terms of quality and bang for the buck. Highly recommended.

Great Experience!
By annu62179 on 01/13/12 08:15 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We have had our 2012 XLE for about one month now, and could not be happier with our decision. Clean, conservative styling, plenty of space and power, fantastic interior design, I could go on and on. This is our family's 3rd Camry, you can't go wrong with it. Highly recommended!

Awesome
By mopra on 01/12/12 19:35 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I wanted to buy sonata or altima then decided to have a test drive of camry2012 , I was surprised by the handling of the car on curves and it's smooth drive a notch above it's older version.I bought the car same day and it is 1 1/2 months I am loving it every day.I get 30mpg in city.love the Comfy seats, we had 6 inches snow today , it drove through snow with exceptional handling .

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Camry Sedan in VA is:

$140 per month*