Used 2012 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

great car if it didn't have electrical system problems
By conicelli2

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Problems w/new loaded Camry. Intermittenly radio sounds like it is skipping or has no volume. Dealer said this happens if the radio is shorting, but they couldn't reproduce problem. When I picked the car up from dealer, it was dead. Dealer replaced the battery. Also, sometimes when we press the electronic ignition button, the car doesn't turn off. Dealer can't reproduce this either. This week the car went dead again. Got battery charged and took car to dealer. they said the battery was fine and the back ordered radio came in. But when they turned the new radio on, it had no volume. So Conicelli wanted to put old radio back in?? I said no and they need to figure out what is wrong/left car

Blind spot monitor Gas mileage, esp w/cruise control Lumbar support Exterior design Comfortable ride

Fix electrical system. Something is making two batteries die, two radios not work and the electronic starter system not turn off intermittently Navigation system directions are often wrong. Gets me lost or takes ridiculous paths quite frequently. I use mapquest on my iphone or my old Garvin instead Conicelli service should try harder to fix the problem. Unbelievable that when the second radio didn't work, their suggestion was to put the old radio back in rather than figure out why two radios haven't worked and two batteries have died in a 7 month old car (and one battery died while it was in for service)

LOVE IT
By mreyes6868

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

It came time to get a new car and we wanted a bigger one but also wanted good mpg. The accord was nice but the 2012 body style was old. Then we saw the new 2012 camry so we went to test drive it and fell in love. We got the SE which makes the car look and feel very sporty but isn't too pricey. It is by far the best vehicle in its class. I am very happy with the decision I made about buying the camry. It now has almost 12k miles and the mpg is great. I took it on a road trip and after several hours of driving i averaged 44mpg!! On my daily commute it averages 27-32 combined. The interior of the camry does not look or feel cheap at all and is very nice with the mid screen and the sporty seats.

MPG is great on the highway has lots of power paddle shifters are fun mid screen is also a nice feature roomy interior if i dont drive it hard i can get about 38 mpg with about 75% highway and 25% stop and go city driving

improve the city mpg which is only rated at 25mpg

First Camry
By rbeasley

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was searching for a reliable car and decided to test drive the 12 Camry and 13 Accord. I bought the Camry for these reasons: 1. The Camry seats are more comfortable. 2. On the interstate the Camry was much quieter. It could be the Goodyear tires on the Accord, but there was too much road noise for me. The ride over bumps were absorbed better by the Camry. Also got a 2-year maintenance plan and roadside assistance with Camry. Accord seemed cheaper on the inside. Both had adequate power and smooth transmissions.

Comfortable seats, smooth ride.

Toyota Quality is Lacking
By dwdesil

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Have been a loyal Toyota driver for 25 years and the 2012 Camry is by far the poorest build quality I have ever experienced. With less than 8k miles on the car I have paint peeling and a popping noise coming from the headliner. A Toyota district rep was dispatched to diagnose the sound problem I experienced every time I made a right hand turn and determined that insulation between the headliner and the roof had delaminated. They replaced and added shims to fix the problem. The paint bubbled up on the quarter panel and flaked off. They took samples and have sent it to a new Toyota field rep in charge of paint issues. Still not resolved. This car was built at the Subaru facility in Indiana.

Excellent gas mileage. Average 35-37 mpg on road. Makes sure it is not an ethanol blend. Streaming music and blue tooth connection The car is very quiet.

Address maufacturing quality issues. I will not buy another Toyota given these defects. I should have kept my 2005 Prius with 190k miles on it.

Disappointed in 2012
By seaview7

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

For those of you that have not owned an older Camry, you will not realize how much Toyota has "cheapened" the quality of the new cars. (Even the mechanics at my dealer have told me so. And those guys know!) My other Camry is a 2005 model, and I can't believe how much better the interior looks and feels when compared to the new 2012. The new 2012 seats are smaller, tighter, thinner, harder... and the low quality plastic on the dashboard and door panels is an embarrassment! Even the steering wheel is worse. Open the 2012 door, and you immediately notice how "light" and cheap it feels. My 2005 door is solid, heavy, and closes with a "thunk." Not so on the new 2012.

Honestly? Not much. The gas mileage is slightly better in the 2012... but that's because of all the weight they cut out? My 2005 Camry has much better build quality.

2012 interior plastic is poor quality. Door panels are light and flimsy. Dashboard feels cheap. Seats feel smaller and harder than in previous Camry models. Electronic steering is vague and boring. Wind and road noise is still very noticeable.