Used 2012 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2012 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

It's a good car that will go for the long run
By borquezmike

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We have had our Camry for 6 months now and can say with certainty it is a very good car. There have been no issues and having 2 kids riding along 70% of time would have brought something out if it existed. The car has good power and commendable handling. It never feels inept or under powered. I have driven several cars with electric steering and this one is well weighted, not great, but good. The car has plenty of room and I like the softtex seat material as a alternative to leather. I really like the fact the car is equipped with Michelin tires which provide a smooth and quiet ride, steer clear of the bridgestones. The radio and steering wheel controls are definitively
the best feature.

Bluetooth, Steering wheel controls, touch screen, leather steering wheel, Michelin tires, softex seat material, SE package

Please add direct injection to the engine to squeeze some more HP out. Please add the backup camera standard. Please add steering modes.

Awesome!!
By markmine

2012 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my Camry XLE with 2.5, 4 cylinder engine about 5 months ago and clocked about 8k miles since. This car is rock solid! I was hesitant about the 4 cylinder but really wanted the gas mileage.
After multiple test drives, I couldn't see spending the extra cash for the v6. No regrets, the 2.5 has plenty of power, is very smooth, quiet and I am consistently getting 30.6 MPG combined.
I also really like the interior and the JBL sound system.
The nav works great, but I'm not very happy with entune, it's a little buggy with my Samsung s3 phone. I shopped online for the car and paid 27.5k including 100k mile toyota warranty.
All this with 0% financing.

The 2.5 engine and transmission. They are perfect fit for this car especially if you're interested in great gas mileage.

Improve entune, it was buggy with my iPhone 4 and with my new Samsung s3. Samsung and the iPhone are the most popular phones on the market, you would think that Toyota would get it right with these phones.

Dim headlights
By mozart2012xle

2012 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

just got
new 2012 camry xle -v6.
I'm
very disappointed with the headlights, they appear bright when you look at them, not as bright as my 2005 camry . I even brought a set of after market bulbs sylvania utra they also appear to be very bright when you look at them but from the drivers seat they do not light up the roadway as i believe they should. drove 35 miles the other night with the high beams on all the way and not one on coming driver flashed their lights back at me. in my05 i have had people flash their lights at me when i just had on low beams.
took the car back to the toyota body shop guy checked the headlight adjusted them
still to dim, looks like i'll be doing less night driving

smooth v-6 engine great power

the center vents on the dash cannot be closed completely, like the end ones. have climate control and cold air blows out in the winter once the tempture heat setting is reach 72-75degrees, the car rides alot rougher/stiffter and is alot noiser inside while driving compared to my 2005 camry why ???? headlights to dim!!!!!!! seats not as wide or as comfortable as my 2005. do not like the engine tempeture sliding bar graph. what was wrong with the old style needle type? If i would have driven this car at night or more further than around the block i would not have brought it. my2005 is a better car than the 2012 in many ways , looks like my wife will have to drive this buckboard.

Best Value family sedan
By drjjjj

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The SE 2.5 has really impressed and I'm a picky Engineer! It handles well, bank vault quiet, 30 mpg avg (70% highway 30% city) driving brisk, plenty of power, johnny on the spot tranny and roomy, comfortable , upscale for the $22k+ T & L
(SE with pwr seat option only) I paid 10,000 miles ago with no negotitations via internet!
It's the best value proposition because no CVT issues (driveability and repairs down the road-sealed unit, etc) no direct injection ( may require expensive repairs down the road-ultra high fuel pressure, etc) and because of top notch resale and low initial/ownership cost! Highly recommend after 10k miles! If gas goes and stays above 4.50 gal-should have got a prius!

The trick under carriage-aero dynamic covers galore, robust components (SE version), etc and 2000 rpm at 72 mph and 40 mpg during summer fuel -economy car mileage! The slick wedge design is growing on me fast (.28 drag-much better/slicker than 10 yr old vette), the SE interior is a price point higher than the cost suggest and insurance is cheaper than most because best seller/part inventories! 10 air bags, stability control and 5 star saftey as wifes communter-needed to move into 21st century! Only the Prius (regular prius), 2013 Rav and 2012 CRV in my opinion should be on short list for commuter/ family vehicle! The rest come up short one way or another but the gap is closing!American car!

Front seats needs 1 inch more travel (I'm 6-5 and plenty to spare in rear), paint under ultra violet looks marginal ( but I got white so OK) brakes need tad more modulation (tad firm at slow speed) spec only the michelins-excellent tires 215-55-17( I have and love) and seat bottoms could use tad more foam for those near 250lbs-occasional bottoming I'm 240! Perhaps too many buttons on steering-like it cleaner (just cruise and volume) Delete paddle shifters and spend on carpet and headliner! Well done Toyota Production Systems (participative management) you've changed the world for the better!

Toyota city of Japan
By andycindy8288

2012 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Since my wife and I purchased the 2012 Camry LE; I was blown away about how the interior of the car looked. Toyota really came a long way in turing the camry into a more mature grown up car, rather than having it look like your grand pappy owns it. Driving this car feels so good in such a manner that it wants to play rather than go to the grocery store and back home. Gas is much better than our older 09 Camry, though if you drive it rough with the 4 Cylinder, you will get terrible gas millage. I give Toyota credit; Their really changing the future with adding the technicalities within the car and yet offering its customers great prices.

I love the new easy view mirrors; Our 09 Camry, the mirrors leveled off with the door, witch was a bit harder to view blind spots. The mirrors on the 12 Camry a lowered to have better road view when you turn lanes. 12 AirBags, no hump in the rear seat floor board. Easy to use on board computer system. Love the new improved sound system. 12 Camry is a Unibody, and better suspension for those who want to have fun. USB port and 3 power adapters. Better torque at start up and great with cold starts. Love the ECO light, which runs on 2 cylinders when on level ground or cruising to conserve fuel.

The only things that I feel like that are going to last on this car are probably the motor and transmission. Everything else I feel as if its going to fall apart after like 70K Miles. Once I opened the doors and closed them; It was almost as if you are opening an closing a chrysler door and hope that it will stay intact to the car. The plastic is awful, and the seats are insanely cheap. No wonder why rental companies use this car and taxies. The Motor and Transmission are the best, everything else, I'd give it 70k Miles and its going to fall apart ever so slowly. We bought this car because we hate Hondas, and there sales people are sharks. For those that are curious.