Used 2012 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Chose Camry over Optima
By dlc7 on 04/23/12 15:50 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my automotive history before marriage: BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, Honda CBR - after marriage: Honda Civic, Dodge Caravan, Trek bicycle pulling a child carrier. Now I'm in the market for a family sedan and I see this absolutely gorgeous car, and it's a KIA? I test drive the OPTIMA LX and I felt it was terrific. The thought of a boring CAMRY did not cross my mind because I wanted the KIA!, then my wife persuades me to look at Toyota. I reluctantly go to a Toyota dealer and choose to test the CAMRY SE I4. To my amazement the SE was noticeably quieter and smoother than the KIA while having good power with sporty and confident handling. The OPTIMA is great but the SE is the car for me.

Former Corolla Owner - This Feels Like Real Luxury
By steve6206 on 04/09/12 13:51 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

2012 Camry SE. I must be different because I find the exterior quite elegant, not at all humdrum like the Honda and Hyundai offerings. Interior is very spacious, especially in the rear and even with the front seat fairly far back. Overall fit and finish is excellent (especially the leather), everything lines up nicely. One quibble is the plastic with the metal finish behind the gear box, could have been a little more robust, doesnít give off a solid sound when tapping on it. Ride is very smooth, engine whisper quiet and there was no wind noise (some people reported this). I like the "ECO" feature (which you can disable), with some practice Iíve been able to keep it on quite a bit, canít wait to see the mileage. For the price, more car than I expected.

I am a believer
By macord on 03/20/12 19:20 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We have always been a GM family and had large SUV's and Trucks. My wife just traded in her 2001 Chevy Tahoe which we bought new for a 2012 Camry XLE. This car has it all. Luxury without the luxury price tag. We did about 8 weeks of research before making our decision. It was between the Sonata, Optima and the Camry. Sure Hyundai and KIA are tempting with their warranty and I have to say that is the only thing Toyota is lacking in. It really came down to quality and reputation. The other two companies are really starting to stick out, however I think Toyota is still the leader. Very nice car. Make sure you ask about the Costco program. We paid 200.00 over invoice Renton, WA Toyota is awsome

1st Camry ever
By naatz1 on 03/19/12 12:06 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My wife & I bought our first Camry ever a week ago (see details incl competition in my post to the Camry forum "Prices Paid..."). Interior comfort, MPGs (why we got the 4cyl), reliability/quality since we plan to drive it for 10 years were all important along with safety features like the backup cam. We have over 600 mis on it and so far not regretting anything other than color: she wanted and got grey, I wanted red. The leather interior is much roomier and user friendly than I'd expect in this price range. The Michelin primacy tires are highly rated and a plus, no change to drive in snow yet.

2012 Toyota Camry LE 4DR Automatic
By speeddts on 03/16/12 00:55 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is car is a great value, just below $20,500 I had a hard time saying no. Have owned since December 2011. Other cars considered: 1) Chevrolet Cruze ECO (great choice, low inventory at the time) 2) Hyundai Sonata GLS - careful look at the parts, tires are cheap, interior plastics meh. 3) Honda Civic - waste of time, over priced, cheap parts, cheap looking etc etc. The Camry is a great value, comes with 2 years free maintenance, road side assistance. Car drives very smoothly, adequate engine power, currently averaging 29 mpg.

One month down, 119 to go
By aplaygroundman on 03/12/12 13:45 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I visited our local Toyota dealer in November. They had an advertised special on the 2012 Camry LE that was very hard to beat among the near competitors. We decided to purchase an 07 Prius and keep driving our 01 Buick LeSabre. Last month, we decided to go ahead and get the Camry. We bought a Cypress Green one with Michelin tires. We absolutely love the car. Unfortunately, we discovered a chip in the windshield during the first week. There are no after-market replacement windshields available. Thankfully, our insurance covered the $1500 replacement. Jokingly, we wondered how much we could get if we parted out the car...

great so far!
By camps67 on 03/06/12 10:46 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was not planning on buying a Camry. I looked at several cars; the Sonata, Equinox, Pilot, Optima.. My brother has a Toyota and talked me into going to the dealer. Photos of the car don't do it justice. In person it is much nicer and the interior has a classier look to it than several of the other cars I have seen. After I saw it I knew it was the car I wanted. I purchased the SE a week ago and I'm still on the same tank of gas. Drives very smooth!! I love the steering..a million times better than the Volvo I used to drive. I am very happy with this purchase.

2012 Camry LE Problem/Issue.
By rikki90 on 03/03/12 09:53 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I'm driving on a city road with 200 miles on the car. All of a sudden the check engine light comes on. And im like wtf. Then the traction control light comes on and i move to the right. A few seconds later the gas pedal becomes unresponsive sometimes giving acceleration sometimes not. Then the check oil light comes on. Keep in mind the other lights are still on. Once the oil light comes on i pull off to a side road and just as i do the car stops running. Dead silent. I turn the car off. Pop the hood and Check the oil dipstick and it reads full. All lights are off but check engine still on. I decide to drive it to the dealer. 3 days later, still no response from dealer.

Solid vehicle
By okc_al on 02/29/12 15:37 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought the 4 cylinder SE 2 months ago and sitting 3000 miles. So far so good. 30 mpg with mixed driving. Both interior and exterior styling much better than previous model. Compared against the Sonata, Fusion, Cruze, Altima and we're so glad we went with the Camry.

I'm Loving It!!!
By linlil on 02/28/12 18:40 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2010 Hyundai Accent GLS, which I bought new in 2010, for a 2012 Toyota Camry SE in December 2011. I was highly disappointed with the Accent and the terrible quality/ driving experience. After researching the Honda Accord, Nissan Altima and the Sonata, decided none could compare to the overall value of the 2012 Camry. Especially, with the great ENTUNE system, silent engine/ driving experience and great MPG (29.7) avg (I have a gas heavy foot). Accelaration is quick and I only have the 4 cyl. What can I say, I'm in love with my 2012 Camry. P.S with all the leather trim on the dash and in the car, I don't know what cheap plastic others have complained about.