Used 2012 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Best Value family sedan
By drjjjj

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The SE 2.5 has really impressed and I'm a picky Engineer! It handles well, bank vault quiet, 30 mpg avg (70% highway 30% city) driving brisk, plenty of power, johnny on the spot tranny and roomy, comfortable , upscale for the $22k+ T & L (SE with pwr seat option only) I paid 10,000 miles ago with no negotitations via internet! It's the best value proposition because no CVT issues (driveability and repairs down the road-sealed unit, etc) no direct injection ( may require expensive repairs down the road-ultra high fuel pressure, etc) and because of top notch resale and low initial/ownership cost! Highly recommend after 10k miles! If gas goes and stays above 4.50 gal-should have got a prius!

The trick under carriage-aero dynamic covers galore, robust components (SE version), etc and 2000 rpm at 72 mph and 40 mpg during summer fuel -economy car mileage! The slick wedge design is growing on me fast (.28 drag-much better/slicker than 10 yr old vette), the SE interior is a price point higher than the cost suggest and insurance is cheaper than most because best seller/part inventories! 10 air bags, stability control and 5 star saftey as wifes communter-needed to move into 21st century! Only the Prius (regular prius), 2013 Rav and 2012 CRV in my opinion should be on short list for commuter/ family vehicle! The rest come up short one way or another but the gap is closing!American car!

Front seats needs 1 inch more travel (I'm 6-5 and plenty to spare in rear), paint under ultra violet looks marginal ( but I got white so OK) brakes need tad more modulation (tad firm at slow speed) spec only the michelins-excellent tires 215-55-17( I have and love) and seat bottoms could use tad more foam for those near 250lbs-occasional bottoming I'm 240! Perhaps too many buttons on steering-like it cleaner (just cruise and volume) Delete paddle shifters and spend on carpet and headliner! Well done Toyota Production Systems (participative management) you've changed the world for the better!

Toyota city of Japan
By andycindy8288

2012 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Since my wife and I purchased the 2012 Camry LE; I was blown away about how the interior of the car looked. Toyota really came a long way in turing the camry into a more mature grown up car, rather than having it look like your grand pappy owns it. Driving this car feels so good in such a manner that it wants to play rather than go to the grocery store and back home. Gas is much better than our older 09 Camry, though if you drive it rough with the 4 Cylinder, you will get terrible gas millage. I give Toyota credit; Their really changing the future with adding the technicalities within the car and yet offering its customers great prices.

I love the new easy view mirrors; Our 09 Camry, the mirrors leveled off with the door, witch was a bit harder to view blind spots. The mirrors on the 12 Camry a lowered to have better road view when you turn lanes. 12 AirBags, no hump in the rear seat floor board. Easy to use on board computer system. Love the new improved sound system. 12 Camry is a Unibody, and better suspension for those who want to have fun. USB port and 3 power adapters. Better torque at start up and great with cold starts. Love the ECO light, which runs on 2 cylinders when on level ground or cruising to conserve fuel.

The only things that I feel like that are going to last on this car are probably the motor and transmission. Everything else I feel as if its going to fall apart after like 70K Miles. Once I opened the doors and closed them; It was almost as if you are opening an closing a chrysler door and hope that it will stay intact to the car. The plastic is awful, and the seats are insanely cheap. No wonder why rental companies use this car and taxies. The Motor and Transmission are the best, everything else, I'd give it 70k Miles and its going to fall apart ever so slowly. We bought this car because we hate Hondas, and there sales people are sharks. For those that are curious.

New 2012 Camry
By maria45

2012 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just purchased my 2012 Camry from North Brunswick Toyota dealership in NJ and got a great deal. Customer service was excellent and I am likely to go back for myself and family members in the near future. I love driving my new car!

Favorite features are the USB ports and smart phone wireless features to connect while driving and have the convenience of using the speakers and hand held buttons on the stirring wheel. Also, the transfering of all my contacts was so easy as well as auto lights to ensure me they will go on and off as needed. One other feature is after you stop the car the inner lights goes on and lets you get ready and pick up whatever you need to take.

Nothing that I can think of.

First Time Toyota Owner
By chopn

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought as a replacememt car for my wife as a daily driver. We purchased a 2012 Toyota Camry se and really love the car. We had the car for a month and decided to go on vacation and we loved the car even more. I am not a small person but I love the way the driver seat feels and i have plenty of room, easy to see out of windshield and side mirrors. Plenty of room for drinks in the cup holder and the usb port area have room to hide your cell phone because your connected to the bluetooth EnTune system. Has great fuel millage and the ride is very quiet with no road noise. We looked at other car's but the camry is the one for us.

Love the EnTune System Plenty of room for driver Stereo has good volume and sound GPS works great and easy to read Like the hooks for drivers floor matt to hold it in place. Plenty of storage Paddle shifters are fun to use.

make the power outlet have power all the time so you charge your phone add outlet for rear passangers. pul locking clips on passanger floor matt like drivers

Excellent Reliability, Great for Families
By onthe4frnt

2012 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I drove the 2012 Toyota Camry LE for approximately 3 months/3500 miles as a daily driver with 60% highway/40% city driving. First impressions were very positive. It's a Toyota, it's rock solid reliability and build quality are unmatched. The cabin was incredibly quiet, the 6-speed automatic transmission very smooth. The gas mileage was very impressive, yet didn't feel like it compromised power (for it's class). This car would be great for relaxed drivers and families looking for excellent value.

Quiet cabin, gas mileage, touchscreen radio interface and base stereo.

Bucket seats, which are narrower, such as a Mazda3 or Honda Accord seat where the sides feel like they "hug" you and keep you in place.