2012 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews 6

2012 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Expected More
By toter1 on 05/29/12 15:03 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Have 4000 miles on the car. In general its a good car to drive. On the highway the car handles well. I have always bought Toyotas for quiet rides but this car has a higher level of road noise than I expected on the highway. Good mileage but difficult to get rated 35 gpm at 70 mph. Car came with Low Rolling Resistance, LRR, tires with a wear rating of only 260. I probably wont get 30000 miles on a set of tires. Entune display system monitors tire pressure on all four tires. The only problem it doesnt show the location of the tire whose pressure is low. Only that one is low. You have to check each tire using tire gauge to find the low tire if not visibly low.

2012 Camry LE
By cbranam1 on 05/28/12 15:53 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my third and last new Camry! I loved my 2005 and 2009, but the 2012 is not the same car! The drive nor the ride is not the same. The car "walks back and forth" going down the interstate. Toyota redesigned it and put more plastic on the car. I regret purchasing it!! Wished I had my 2009 back. I plan on trading as soon as possible and it only has 2500 miles on it! My husband drove it this weekend 500 miles and he hates the new redesigned steering. I used to be a big Toyota fan, but they lost me on this one!!!

Super nice ride!
By jph3006 on 05/25/12 19:10 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After 600 miles, we are very happy with this Camry XLE, 2.5L 4 cylinder. This was our first Toyota, previously we had Hondas. We compared the Accord and Sonata and found them to be noisier and a little harder ride though both are more sporty. We specified cloths seats, and not leather, due to the hot Florida climate. We have the Convenience package, floor mats, and rear spoiler. The car is very quiet at highway speeds and the 4 cylinder engine has more than ample power.We are averaging 26 MPG city. The standard stereo sounds really nice within this quiet interior. We like the numerous chrome accents and with the spoiler, looks cool! This is a lot of car for the money, we recommend it!

My 1st 4 Cylinders
By cameralization on 05/17/12 19:05 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have always drove V6 & V8. Since my new car is for business driving, i figured i go with the 4. I looked at Sonata, Optima, Altima & Camry and i am very pleased with my Camry decision. The SE V6 that i test drove was very fun to drive with lots of power however it was noisy and not as comfortable as the XLE mainly (i think) due to sportier suspensions and the low profile 18" tires. The XLE was much more comfortable ride and quieter. Even though i love my 4cylinders XLE, i wish i spent the extra money and got the V6 XLE. The 4 has ampul power and i know i will be happier at the gas pump with my 500 commuting miles a week.

Buyer's Remorse - Wind Noise
By coreyd1 on 05/12/12 11:07 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Traded 2004 Camry SE i4 for 2012 Camry SE i4. Noticed some wind noise during test drive, but bought it anyway. Bad choice. The wind noise at interstate speeds is loud and annoying. Roof line is also closer to the head which makes it difficult for my 6ft plus body to lean out when trying to use an ATM machine or similar. Transmission braking likes to grab when slowing. Makes for some weird stopping sometimes. Power delivery from start is not very smooth. Steering as reported is vague. Visually appealing inside and out. Really like the new interior design.

Camry SE V6 wins in very tough segment
By kwap on 05/11/12 07:07 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Fantastic motor, it feels effortless and with a combined(city and highway) reduction of only 3 mpg it was a no-brainer decision to get the SE V6. Another factor which pushed me to the SE V6 were some of the other features that are standard with the V6 but are costly options on the 4cy SE like the display audio with Nav/entune, smart key system, SofTex powered driver’s seat with lumbar, acoustic windshield and also the great 18” wheels which are only available with the V6. The redesigned interior is very nice, a huge improvement over the previous model and nicer than the competition. After considering the Kia Optima(nicest looking), Hyundai Sonata(ghastly looking), Passat TDI(very intriguing), and Fusion(too bad I was not getting a car next year) I found that the Camry SE V6 provided the best of the bunch.

Camry SE
By mtaddeo on 05/09/12 19:17 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am so excited about my "new" Camry SE that I leased at Cityworld Toyota in the Bronx... The new look and feel of the car is amazing and my salesman Abe was wonderful and very helpful during the process...I have been driving a Toyota for many years now and highly recommend this car and model...

Almost Great but...
By smosky on 04/28/12 20:59 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I decided to get a 4 door sedan to replace my Mustang convertible since I now have a couple of grandchildren and needed the ability to put car seats in the car and bukle them in. I test drove several new cars in making my decision by renting various cars on trips including Altimat, Maxima, and the Camry. I drove a Camry for 4 days in Nevada and went on a 180 mile trip to check it out. It was great! So fast forward to my purchase. Unlike the rental, I decided to go with a top of the line V6 XLE with leather interior. I really like the car except for one thing - the seats are torture! They are hard and the side bolsters are too high. Be careful before you buy this car!

Great car
By enginemedic21 on 04/27/12 07:46 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased this vehicle to replace my wife's problem infested 2003 Maxima. So far after 5000 miles we've really enjoyed the Camry.It's very smooth,great on gas(were averaging 30 mpg mixed driving), and the Entune system is very easy to use and impressive.We did drive an Altima and Accord before purchasing this vehicle and found the Camry to be the sportiest and come with the most options for a better price than the other two. The standard Toyota Care that comes with the vehicle complimentary make it an even better deal. My wife locked her keys in her car and a rep was able to come out within the hour to unlock her vehicle for her. She also has complimentary roadside assistance!

Chose Camry over Optima
By dlc7 on 04/23/12 15:50 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my automotive history before marriage: BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, Honda CBR - after marriage: Honda Civic, Dodge Caravan, Trek bicycle pulling a child carrier. Now I'm in the market for a family sedan and I see this absolutely gorgeous car, and it's a KIA? I test drive the OPTIMA LX and I felt it was terrific. The thought of a boring CAMRY did not cross my mind because I wanted the KIA!, then my wife persuades me to look at Toyota. I reluctantly go to a Toyota dealer and choose to test the CAMRY SE I4. To my amazement the SE was noticeably quieter and smoother than the KIA while having good power with sporty and confident handling. The OPTIMA is great but the SE is the car for me.