2012 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Camry SE V6 wins in very tough segment
By kwap on 05/11/12 07:07 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Fantastic motor, it feels effortless and with a combined(city and highway) reduction of only 3 mpg it was a no-brainer decision to get the SE V6. Another factor which pushed me to the SE V6 were some of the other features that are standard with the V6 but are costly options on the 4cy SE like the display audio with Nav/entune, smart key system, SofTex powered driver’s seat with lumbar, acoustic windshield and also the great 18” wheels which are only available with the V6. The redesigned interior is very nice, a huge improvement over the previous model and nicer than the competition. After considering the Kia Optima(nicest looking), Hyundai Sonata(ghastly looking), Passat TDI(very intriguing), and Fusion(too bad I was not getting a car next year) I found that the Camry SE V6 provided the best of the bunch.

Camry SE
By mtaddeo on 05/09/12 19:17 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am so excited about my "new" Camry SE that I leased at Cityworld Toyota in the Bronx... The new look and feel of the car is amazing and my salesman Abe was wonderful and very helpful during the process...I have been driving a Toyota for many years now and highly recommend this car and model...

Almost Great but...
By smosky on 04/28/12 20:59 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I decided to get a 4 door sedan to replace my Mustang convertible since I now have a couple of grandchildren and needed the ability to put car seats in the car and bukle them in. I test drove several new cars in making my decision by renting various cars on trips including Altimat, Maxima, and the Camry. I drove a Camry for 4 days in Nevada and went on a 180 mile trip to check it out. It was great! So fast forward to my purchase. Unlike the rental, I decided to go with a top of the line V6 XLE with leather interior. I really like the car except for one thing - the seats are torture! They are hard and the side bolsters are too high. Be careful before you buy this car!

Great car
By enginemedic21 on 04/27/12 07:46 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased this vehicle to replace my wife's problem infested 2003 Maxima. So far after 5000 miles we've really enjoyed the Camry.It's very smooth,great on gas(were averaging 30 mpg mixed driving), and the Entune system is very easy to use and impressive.We did drive an Altima and Accord before purchasing this vehicle and found the Camry to be the sportiest and come with the most options for a better price than the other two. The standard Toyota Care that comes with the vehicle complimentary make it an even better deal. My wife locked her keys in her car and a rep was able to come out within the hour to unlock her vehicle for her. She also has complimentary roadside assistance!

Chose Camry over Optima
By dlc7 on 04/23/12 15:50 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my automotive history before marriage: BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, Honda CBR - after marriage: Honda Civic, Dodge Caravan, Trek bicycle pulling a child carrier. Now I'm in the market for a family sedan and I see this absolutely gorgeous car, and it's a KIA? I test drive the OPTIMA LX and I felt it was terrific. The thought of a boring CAMRY did not cross my mind because I wanted the KIA!, then my wife persuades me to look at Toyota. I reluctantly go to a Toyota dealer and choose to test the CAMRY SE I4. To my amazement the SE was noticeably quieter and smoother than the KIA while having good power with sporty and confident handling. The OPTIMA is great but the SE is the car for me.

Former Corolla Owner - This Feels Like Real Luxury
By steve6206 on 04/09/12 13:51 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

2012 Camry SE. I must be different because I find the exterior quite elegant, not at all humdrum like the Honda and Hyundai offerings. Interior is very spacious, especially in the rear and even with the front seat fairly far back. Overall fit and finish is excellent (especially the leather), everything lines up nicely. One quibble is the plastic with the metal finish behind the gear box, could have been a little more robust, doesn’t give off a solid sound when tapping on it. Ride is very smooth, engine whisper quiet and there was no wind noise (some people reported this). I like the "ECO" feature (which you can disable), with some practice I’ve been able to keep it on quite a bit, can’t wait to see the mileage. For the price, more car than I expected.

I am a believer
By macord on 03/20/12 19:20 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We have always been a GM family and had large SUV's and Trucks. My wife just traded in her 2001 Chevy Tahoe which we bought new for a 2012 Camry XLE. This car has it all. Luxury without the luxury price tag. We did about 8 weeks of research before making our decision. It was between the Sonata, Optima and the Camry. Sure Hyundai and KIA are tempting with their warranty and I have to say that is the only thing Toyota is lacking in. It really came down to quality and reputation. The other two companies are really starting to stick out, however I think Toyota is still the leader. Very nice car. Make sure you ask about the Costco program. We paid 200.00 over invoice Renton, WA Toyota is awsome

1st Camry ever
By naatz1 on 03/19/12 12:06 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My wife & I bought our first Camry ever a week ago (see details incl competition in my post to the Camry forum "Prices Paid..."). Interior comfort, MPGs (why we got the 4cyl), reliability/quality since we plan to drive it for 10 years were all important along with safety features like the backup cam. We have over 600 mis on it and so far not regretting anything other than color: she wanted and got grey, I wanted red. The leather interior is much roomier and user friendly than I'd expect in this price range. The Michelin primacy tires are highly rated and a plus, no change to drive in snow yet.

2012 Toyota Camry LE 4DR Automatic
By speeddts on 03/16/12 00:55 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is car is a great value, just below $20,500 I had a hard time saying no. Have owned since December 2011. Other cars considered: 1) Chevrolet Cruze ECO (great choice, low inventory at the time) 2) Hyundai Sonata GLS - careful look at the parts, tires are cheap, interior plastics meh. 3) Honda Civic - waste of time, over priced, cheap parts, cheap looking etc etc. The Camry is a great value, comes with 2 years free maintenance, road side assistance. Car drives very smoothly, adequate engine power, currently averaging 29 mpg.

One month down, 119 to go
By aplaygroundman on 03/12/12 13:45 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I visited our local Toyota dealer in November. They had an advertised special on the 2012 Camry LE that was very hard to beat among the near competitors. We decided to purchase an 07 Prius and keep driving our 01 Buick LeSabre. Last month, we decided to go ahead and get the Camry. We bought a Cypress Green one with Michelin tires. We absolutely love the car. Unfortunately, we discovered a chip in the windshield during the first week. There are no after-market replacement windshields available. Thankfully, our insurance covered the $1500 replacement. Jokingly, we wondered how much we could get if we parted out the car...

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Camry in VA is:

$140 per month*