3 of 3 people found this review helpful
2012 Toyota Camry LE 4DR Automatic
By speeddts on
2012 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
This is car is a great value, just below $20,500 I had a hard time saying no.
Have owned since December 2011.
Other cars considered:
1) Chevrolet Cruze ECO (great choice, low inventory at the time)
2) Hyundai Sonata GLS - careful look at the parts, tires are cheap, interior plastics meh.
3) Honda Civic - waste of time, over priced, cheap parts, cheap looking etc etc.
The Camry is a great value, comes with 2 years free maintenance, road side assistance.
Car drives very smoothly, adequate engine power, currently averaging 29 mpg.
Bluetooth, Powers Drivers seat with lumbar, USB, intelligent IPOD interface.
Standard feature list is very welcoming, Power Steering, USB, Bluetooth, Auxillary, Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Michelin Tires, Power everything, comfy seats, large trunk, quality cloth seats, power drivers seat, power windows, Folding seats.
1) The FM radio only has 1 set of station presets.
Other vehicles I have owned going back to 2003 Honda Accord had more FM station presets.
2) Heated Mirrors (standard on SE model)
3) Wheel covers should be alloys, alloys are offered for LE and they are nice at $800.
4) Handling is not stiff in LE model and braking requires more of a push.
SE model is stiffer and brakes are more responsive.
4) Toyota should similarly promote the SE model at similar dealer incentives as the LE.
SE model comes with Fog lights, leather, stiffer performance, alloys, spoiler, and alloys for around $4000 more.