2012 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Reliability?
By erieguy on 03/04/13 16:52 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have been leasing a 2012 Camry XLE with heated leather seats since last May. I never thought the heating worked well on the heated seats, and learned today that the driver's side only warms up to low after an extended time and the passenger side seat does not work at all even though its light indicator is on. So much for reliability. I drove the immediately previous model and after about a year its radio went haywire and had to be replaced. The car is very overrated in my book and will not buy at lease end.

A good car but somewhat boring
By toyo2012 on 02/24/13 19:07 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I very much enjoy my Camry, particularly it mileage. On the highway, mileage has gone as high as 39 when driving a steady 59. In town, I get about 28, with an average of 30. For a car of its size, the mileage is great. The car rides quite well, and is generally smooth. My primary complaint is the constant wandering on the highway, as one needs to be making corrections all of the time to keep on going straight. The car just does not track well. Also, the paint quality leaves much to be desired, with spots and chips that are uncalled for in a car that has less than three thousand miles. My only other complaint is that the engine is not as quiet as the one on my previous Honda Accord.

Happy with my purchase.
By mreyes6868 on 02/20/13 20:40 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We have had this car for about 10 months now and it has a little over 17k miles. No issues so far. The car has lots of power for a 4cyl and it gives me about 29mpg with half city driving half freeway. On a 490 mile roadtrip it used one tank of gas and averaged about 38 mpg driving at about 75 mph! Toyota did well on the new camry. I love the in dash touch screen radio and the comfortable seats. The SE also comes with the paddle shifters which are also a nice feature. The interior is very spacious and stylish.

It's a good car that will go for the long run
By borquezmike on 02/14/13 21:45 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We have had our Camry for 6 months now and can say with certainty it is a very good car. There have been no issues and having 2 kids riding along 70% of time would have brought something out if it existed. The car has good power and commendable handling. It never feels inept or under powered. I have driven several cars with electric steering and this one is well weighted, not great, but good. The car has plenty of room and I like the softtex seat material as a alternative to leather. I really like the fact the car is equipped with Michelin tires which provide a smooth and quiet ride, steer clear of the bridgestones. The radio and steering wheel controls are definitively the best feature.

Awesome!!
By markmine on 02/12/13 16:01 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my Camry XLE with 2.5, 4 cylinder engine about 5 months ago and clocked about 8k miles since. This car is rock solid! I was hesitant about the 4 cylinder but really wanted the gas mileage. After multiple test drives, I couldn't see spending the extra cash for the v6. No regrets, the 2.5 has plenty of power, is very smooth, quiet and I am consistently getting 30.6 MPG combined. I also really like the interior and the JBL sound system. The nav works great, but I'm not very happy with entune, it's a little buggy with my Samsung s3 phone. I shopped online for the car and paid 27.5k including 100k mile toyota warranty. All this with 0% financing.

Dim headlights
By mozart2012xle on 02/11/13 14:55 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

just got new 2012 camry xle -v6. I'm very disappointed with the headlights, they appear bright when you look at them, not as bright as my 2005 camry . I even brought a set of after market bulbs sylvania utra they also appear to be very bright when you look at them but from the drivers seat they do not light up the roadway as i believe they should. drove 35 miles the other night with the high beams on all the way and not one on coming driver flashed their lights back at me. in my05 i have had people flash their lights at me when i just had on low beams. took the car back to the toyota body shop guy checked the headlight adjusted them still to dim, looks like i'll be doing less night driving

Best Value family sedan
By drjjjj on 02/08/13 16:31 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The SE 2.5 has really impressed and I'm a picky Engineer! It handles well, bank vault quiet, 30 mpg avg (70% highway 30% city) driving brisk, plenty of power, johnny on the spot tranny and roomy, comfortable , upscale for the $22k+ T & L (SE with pwr seat option only) I paid 10,000 miles ago with no negotitations via internet! It's the best value proposition because no CVT issues (driveability and repairs down the road-sealed unit, etc) no direct injection ( may require expensive repairs down the road-ultra high fuel pressure, etc) and because of top notch resale and low initial/ownership cost! Highly recommend after 10k miles! If gas goes and stays above 4.50 gal-should have got a prius!

Toyota city of Japan
By andycindy8288 on 01/12/13 04:48 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Since my wife and I purchased the 2012 Camry LE; I was blown away about how the interior of the car looked. Toyota really came a long way in turing the camry into a more mature grown up car, rather than having it look like your grand pappy owns it. Driving this car feels so good in such a manner that it wants to play rather than go to the grocery store and back home. Gas is much better than our older 09 Camry, though if you drive it rough with the 4 Cylinder, you will get terrible gas millage. I give Toyota credit; Their really changing the future with adding the technicalities within the car and yet offering its customers great prices.

New 2012 Camry
By maria45 on 01/09/13 07:20 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just purchased my 2012 Camry from North Brunswick Toyota dealership in NJ and got a great deal. Customer service was excellent and I am likely to go back for myself and family members in the near future. I love driving my new car!

First Time Toyota Owner
By chopn on 12/11/12 14:45 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought as a replacememt car for my wife as a daily driver. We purchased a 2012 Toyota Camry se and really love the car. We had the car for a month and decided to go on vacation and we loved the car even more. I am not a small person but I love the way the driver seat feels and i have plenty of room, easy to see out of windshield and side mirrors. Plenty of room for drinks in the cup holder and the usb port area have room to hide your cell phone because your connected to the bluetooth EnTune system. Has great fuel millage and the ride is very quiet with no road noise. We looked at other car's but the camry is the one for us.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Camry Sedan in VA is:

$140 per month*