1st Camry ever
By naatz1 on
2012 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
My wife & I bought our first Camry ever a week ago (see details incl competition in my post to the Camry forum "Prices Paid..."). Interior comfort, MPGs (why we got the 4cyl), reliability/quality since we plan to drive it for 10 years were all important along with safety features like the backup cam. We have over 600 mis on it and so far not regretting anything other than color: she wanted and got grey, I wanted red. The leather interior is much roomier and user friendly than I'd expect in this price range. The Michelin primacy tires are highly rated and a plus, no change to drive in snow yet.
Favorite Features
- Interior comfort & usability of controls. LOTs of cabin space, more head room & comfortable to drive than our loaded grand cherokee. - Very happy with MPG measured so far (see my #1150 post to Camry forum "Real World MPG", we are ranging 33-40 mpg so far). - Rated Performance & Fun a 4 only because we went from a sportier 6 cyl to this 4 cyl but this 4 is actually peppier than I'd expect, just not as much torque obviously - Nav radio with Entune relatively easy to use for basic functions. Have taken 5 calls using blue tooth phone with good results. - Hi rated Mich Primacy tires track well, will see how they do in light snow
Suggested Improvements
These are nits but: - No turn signal 3 blinks (Chrysler & others had that for years so hard to switch from our Jeep) - No floor mats std, perhaps due to 2010 sudden acceleration fiasco? Plan to spend at least $120 for Toyo mats that screw into floor - Still not sure if my wife as a passenger can input addresses or Entune data while car is moving vs at stop sign? - Despite 6" gnd clearance be carefull in parking lots are you approach concrete barriers or curbs, sure close to that large plastic front bumper! (most competitive sedans have the same scary problem)
By naatz1
on 09/14/12 14:25 PM (PDT)

Update @ 8700 mi 6 mons later ... Still very satisfied with the Camry in all areas mentioned in first review. Just had the 10k mi oil change and NO problems at all, very good build quality and reliability so far. Getting EPA MPGs on average. Entune system works well w/Android smart phone although still prefer the "instant on" XM music vs having to restart either Pandora or IHeart radio all the time. While we are still very happy with interior comfort, low noise, and ease of control usage, will invest in better all weather mats than Toyota sells before winter comes since the thin light color carpet won't take much abuse.