2012 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
good but not great
By kat12510 on 05/20/13 21:13 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Had 2003 Camry XLE V6 before this. Leased the new 2012 XLE 4cyl to save gas, now have 6k on it.. The mileage is NOT what toyota stated! I get 25 average and I drive all highway! My 2003 was much quieter, more solid feeling and got 30mpg with a V6! The styling is fine, hate the low body style they have now, I live in MN where snow is plentiful and the car gets stuck easy cause of this! Bluetooth stopped working, dealer can't find problem. Leather seats are nice and soft but stains easier to remove than previous camry leather. Jeans turned my seats blue. Miss my 2003!! I can't decide if I'll buy this one out or not. It's a lot smaller too, bf is 6' and hits his head on headliner.

Pleasantly surprised!
By elsie223 on 03/26/13 12:09 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My husband already owns a Toyota Taocma so I was told we were only looking at Toyotas and nothing else. So I was immediately put off. When the salesman suggested I drive the Camry, my husband said "don't show her any model but the top of the line" and good thing! The XLE didn't feel as boring as I expected. The interior is classy and since I got a red one, it feels very "me". Did NOT expect to like this car as much as I do. Have only had it about 10 days and can see myself driving this for a long time. Read other reviews about the headlights being dim, but what I noticed is a very defined cutoff on the top of the field of vision which is not present when the brights are turned on.

Reliability?
By erieguy on 03/04/13 16:52 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have been leasing a 2012 Camry XLE with heated leather seats since last May. I never thought the heating worked well on the heated seats, and learned today that the driver's side only warms up to low after an extended time and the passenger side seat does not work at all even though its light indicator is on. So much for reliability. I drove the immediately previous model and after about a year its radio went haywire and had to be replaced. The car is very overrated in my book and will not buy at lease end.

Awesome!!
By markmine on 02/12/13 16:01 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my Camry XLE with 2.5, 4 cylinder engine about 5 months ago and clocked about 8k miles since. This car is rock solid! I was hesitant about the 4 cylinder but really wanted the gas mileage. After multiple test drives, I couldn't see spending the extra cash for the v6. No regrets, the 2.5 has plenty of power, is very smooth, quiet and I am consistently getting 30.6 MPG combined. I also really like the interior and the JBL sound system. The nav works great, but I'm not very happy with entune, it's a little buggy with my Samsung s3 phone. I shopped online for the car and paid 27.5k including 100k mile toyota warranty. All this with 0% financing.

Toyota Quality is Lacking
By dwdesil on 10/10/12 14:26 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Have been a loyal Toyota driver for 25 years and the 2012 Camry is by far the poorest build quality I have ever experienced. With less than 8k miles on the car I have paint peeling and a popping noise coming from the headliner. A Toyota district rep was dispatched to diagnose the sound problem I experienced every time I made a right hand turn and determined that insulation between the headliner and the roof had delaminated. They replaced and added shims to fix the problem. The paint bubbled up on the quarter panel and flaked off. They took samples and have sent it to a new Toyota field rep in charge of paint issues. Still not resolved. This car was built at the Subaru facility in Indiana.

Bad Wind Noise
By shawn123 on 09/07/12 16:54 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2012 Camry XLE 6 months ago and so far i got 21000 miles (HIGHWAY MILES). Great on gas mileage, Seats are comfortable enough but definitely much better then my V w CC. My only complain is why there is so much wind noise every time i pass 70mph you can hear it coming from both side y previous Camry and My SISTER-IN-LAW Camry feels smoother and quieter then newer generation. Other then that overall great car. i'm getting average 32mph so no complain there.. I would suggest to test drive on open freeway and drive for a while before purchasing.

Great car
By captivemind on 07/31/12 22:26 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After owning a number of different cars (Volkswagen, Audi, Infiniti), test driving all the 2012 usual suspects, I was looking for a simple, reliable, fuel efficient vehicle. Reliability was key after my experience with German cars. The Camry is not a luxury car nor does it offer sporty handling or neck snapping acceleration but it combines solid value, reliability, comfort, superior gas mileage and common sense everyday drivability and usability. Gas mileage from 4cyl is approx. 30 mpg combination of city/highway. My last Infinity G37 got about 15 mpg in similar driving. First time Toyota buyer and after 4k miles my verdict is you simply cannot go wrong with the 2012 Camry

Good value for the price
By tlchouston on 07/28/12 06:54 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Enough power to merge with traffic at freeway entrances. Engine sound minimal at most conditions and still tolerable at full throttle. However, road noises unacceptable to me on freeways 290 and 59 in Houston. Perhaps the almost 200lbs and $2000 MSRP drops came from the reduction of sound isolation/insulation materials and labor. Manual adjustable passenger front side uncomfortable, unlike the 8-way power adjustable driver one. Rear speakers are really flimsy with tiny magnets (from the $1000 navigation upgrade package).

Expected More
By toter1 on 05/29/12 15:03 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Have 4000 miles on the car. In general its a good car to drive. On the highway the car handles well. I have always bought Toyotas for quiet rides but this car has a higher level of road noise than I expected on the highway. Good mileage but difficult to get rated 35 gpm at 70 mph. Car came with Low Rolling Resistance, LRR, tires with a wear rating of only 260. I probably wont get 30000 miles on a set of tires. Entune display system monitors tire pressure on all four tires. The only problem it doesnt show the location of the tire whose pressure is low. Only that one is low. You have to check each tire using tire gauge to find the low tire if not visibly low.

Super nice ride!
By jph3006 on 05/25/12 19:10 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After 600 miles, we are very happy with this Camry XLE, 2.5L 4 cylinder. This was our first Toyota, previously we had Hondas. We compared the Accord and Sonata and found them to be noisier and a little harder ride though both are more sporty. We specified cloths seats, and not leather, due to the hot Florida climate. We have the Convenience package, floor mats, and rear spoiler. The car is very quiet at highway speeds and the 4 cylinder engine has more than ample power.We are averaging 26 MPG city. The standard stereo sounds really nice within this quiet interior. We like the numerous chrome accents and with the spoiler, looks cool! This is a lot of car for the money, we recommend it!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Camry Sedan in VA is:

$148 per month*