2012 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
2012 camry SE
By bengal16 on 03/16/13 15:59 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After driving this car for 15 months I have decided to express my opinion. This car is nice to drive, but a little rough riding. The interior is spacious and the trunk is nice and roomy. The four cylinder engine has great power and acceleration but it is hard to achieve the gas mileage that Toyota claims this car will get. The trip information computer can not compare to my GM vehicles which are more user friendly and offer better user information.

Happy with my purchase.
By mreyes6868 on 02/20/13 20:40 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We have had this car for about 10 months now and it has a little over 17k miles. No issues so far. The car has lots of power for a 4cyl and it gives me about 29mpg with half city driving half freeway. On a 490 mile roadtrip it used one tank of gas and averaged about 38 mpg driving at about 75 mph! Toyota did well on the new camry. I love the in dash touch screen radio and the comfortable seats. The SE also comes with the paddle shifters which are also a nice feature. The interior is very spacious and stylish.

It's a good car that will go for the long run
By borquezmike on 02/14/13 21:45 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We have had our Camry for 6 months now and can say with certainty it is a very good car. There have been no issues and having 2 kids riding along 70% of time would have brought something out if it existed. The car has good power and commendable handling. It never feels inept or under powered. I have driven several cars with electric steering and this one is well weighted, not great, but good. The car has plenty of room and I like the softtex seat material as a alternative to leather. I really like the fact the car is equipped with Michelin tires which provide a smooth and quiet ride, steer clear of the bridgestones. The radio and steering wheel controls are definitively the best feature.

Best Value family sedan
By drjjjj on 02/08/13 16:31 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The SE 2.5 has really impressed and I'm a picky Engineer! It handles well, bank vault quiet, 30 mpg avg (70% highway 30% city) driving brisk, plenty of power, johnny on the spot tranny and roomy, comfortable , upscale for the $22k+ T & L (SE with pwr seat option only) I paid 10,000 miles ago with no negotitations via internet! It's the best value proposition because no CVT issues (driveability and repairs down the road-sealed unit, etc) no direct injection ( may require expensive repairs down the road-ultra high fuel pressure, etc) and because of top notch resale and low initial/ownership cost! Highly recommend after 10k miles! If gas goes and stays above 4.50 gal-should have got a prius!

First Time Toyota Owner
By chopn on 12/11/12 14:45 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought as a replacememt car for my wife as a daily driver. We purchased a 2012 Toyota Camry se and really love the car. We had the car for a month and decided to go on vacation and we loved the car even more. I am not a small person but I love the way the driver seat feels and i have plenty of room, easy to see out of windshield and side mirrors. Plenty of room for drinks in the cup holder and the usb port area have room to hide your cell phone because your connected to the bluetooth EnTune system. Has great fuel millage and the ride is very quiet with no road noise. We looked at other car's but the camry is the one for us.

LOVE IT
By mreyes6868 on 11/08/12 22:01 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

It came time to get a new car and we wanted a bigger one but also wanted good mpg. The accord was nice but the 2012 body style was old. Then we saw the new 2012 camry so we went to test drive it and fell in love. We got the SE which makes the car look and feel very sporty but isn't too pricey. It is by far the best vehicle in its class. I am very happy with the decision I made about buying the camry. It now has almost 12k miles and the mpg is great. I took it on a road trip and after several hours of driving i averaged 44mpg!! On my daily commute it averages 27-32 combined. The interior of the camry does not look or feel cheap at all and is very nice with the mid screen and the sporty seats.

I like it, but a step back?
By bagman33 on 09/21/12 13:13 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Traded by 2011 for the 2012 SE just because I wanted the newer style and technology. Bought fully loaded with push button start, leather, sunroof, dimming mirror, homelink, nav, entune, etc. I'm highly disappointed in Entune. Apps are horrifically slow. Pandora quality (even when set to high) is bad. It's better to bluetooth stream Pandora from my phone (iPhone 4S) Nav is REALLY bad. Wanted me to go 6 blocks around instead of 1 block forward. Toyota made some cuts that disappointed me as well such as the removal of power up/down passenger window, LED lighting (exterior) and what seems to be a cheap headliner.

Regrets
By genevah on 09/14/12 17:26 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Traded in my 2011 Camry and that was a big mistake! Sales pitch was I would get much better mileage, Not! Just barely getting 25 combined and driving it the same as the 2011 which was getting 33 combined. Hate it because of that. Hope to trade it soon.

May be best Camry yet!!
By piratemorgan on 08/29/12 11:07 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I say "may" because Toyota has just a little work left to do with this generation. Comparing to a previously owned 2010 Camry SE 4-cylinder--- Exterior: The new bodywork is stylish (didn't reinvent the wheel here), love the new front fascia (SE only, not fond of LE or XLE front fascia) Interior: vastly improved Performance: better downshifts, car allowed to coast now, still has mpg saving abrupt upshifts dealt with by mashing down gas pedal a little more. Nothing like having a tranny bog down a fine tuned 4-cyl.

Loving it so far
By lslblues on 08/05/12 16:41 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Had the car about a month. Got a great lease deal due to Southeast Toyota's high residual value and low money factor. Was considerably cheaper than LE model. Really enjoy driving it. Had a 2003 Camry LE for a long time and this car is definitely sportier than that. It's definitely not a sports car, but is fun to drive and gets great gas mileage. Average close to 40 on the highway.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Camry Sedan in VA is:

$150 per month*