Used 2012 Toyota Camry LE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Rattle trap
By David Fass

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am disappointed in Toyota. Besides the several recalls for this and for that, there are persistent rattles in the cabin. I thought that at the very minimum a Toyota would have a silent cabin. My 2002 Hyundai also had annoying rattles, but that was what I expected when I bought a used Hyundai. When I bought a brand new Toyota, I expected silence. No sir. Dashboard rattles and seat belt rattles, that's what I have. Also, the brakes squeal intermittently on the highway, and dealer says they're fine. Great, thanks. Not to mention, this car did poorly on the IIHS small overlap test. I don't think Toyota deserves their reputation for quality anymore. I would have probably done better with a Hyundai or Kia.

Serendipity to the 4th power
By shellspell

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The 2012 LE Camry is my 4th Toyota. I agree with other review about cloth interior, dog nails catch on it and shows snags (hate leather). Easy fix- seat protectors. I set out to buy a 2014 Corolla trading in my 09 Corolla- then I test drove this Camry. I put a car through a hard test drive, doing excellerations on rural roads and interstates, hard stops, and taking sharp curves while speeding. I've had many types of vehicles and this beats them ALL. Not sure what the bad reviews previously are about, but I'm a Toyota cheerleader. It's super comfortable, (my friend has 2013 Lexus sedan and says it's just as comfortable), reliable, surprising in ice and snow, n fun to drive!

FAST for a 4cyl, so I get no more speeding tickets, but can accelerate into traffic with no problem; COMFORT- I travel with 2 large dogs about 400 miles ea way to NC no prob,my Forrester was hell on my bad back; GREAT gas mileage-@ 32mpg on interstate, better than my Ford; RELIABILITY- um, it's a Toyota. Toyota dealer great about answering any of my questions for free. I've spent NOTHING on repairs. Even oil changes r free. Drives same in heat and cold temps. ROOMINESS- my 6'3" fiance fits in front AND back no probs.

I live in the south and DETEST black dashboards/ interior! This is the biggest design flaw with just about every manufacturer, however I hear it's best on cutting down glare. Have no prob with paint, interior materials, spaciousness. What are some people doing to the insides of their cars? Noticeable sluggishness with A/C on going uphill. Loose weave of cloth interior is pretty shotty and harder to clean, liked the cloth of 1999-06 better. No other complaints!

Not What I Expected
By veltonc

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have been driving my Camry LE 4 cyl. for a little over two years and have 70,000 miles on it. Basically, it is over valued and over praised. I have a rear main oil leak which unusual for such a new car. I have found that road noise is atrocious, also, there is wind noise. The car doesn't hold the road well, and there is hesitation when I start to accelerate when I first start driving. I am a big person, 250/lbs., and the drives seat is not holding up and the rest of the seats are hard to keep clean. Also, the suspension is terrible and fills like you hit a brick on every bump. The front end is too low and scrapes on small dips. Overall, I would give this car an F rating and I love Toyota.

Gas mileage 35-38 mpg road and 28-30 mpg in town. The car also accelerates when passing very well.

I think it needs a whole do-over on suspension, interior, and road and wind noise.

2012 Toyota Camry Highway Perfection
By smokeymaxwell

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I leased my 2012 Camry because I drive over 20k miles per year all highway. It has the base 4cyl engine and what a sweet thing it is! Easily does 34 MPG on the highway while traveling a brisk 78 to 85 MPH. No weird noises, no hesitations. Transmission and engine are quick to respond and are plenty fast. The driving dynamics on curvy roads is not so good. Car tends to 'push', which is normal for this segment. I didn't buy it to carve beautiful back roads in. I bought is because I'm 6'3" and need something comfortable, reliable and efficient with gas. Job well done... This Camry is perfect at those things. Love the Bluetooth - it's the best system yet. Crystal clear on both ends.

Bluetooth sounds clear on both ends, comfortable seating position, tons of room, excellent gas mileage, responsive throttle and transmission.

Soft and dead steering (expected in this category), no road feel and too much push in the turns. Also needs external trunk release.

By bowserace

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

As with all the Toyotas I have had in the past, it starts. It will drive from Phoenix to Los Angeles on 1 tank of gas (>400 miles). I don't worry that it will break down and stop in the desert. It is a little rocket on the freeway and it goes plenty fast. I got past by a Yarus and I was going 100 mph. Does get 38 miles a gallon going 75 mph. Gets 28 miles per gallon in the city. Probably get over 250,000 miles before I give it to a family member.

Like that it is reliable. Also tells me if any of the tires are low in air (never yet). Also change the oil and tires at 5,000 miles.

Lower price.