2012 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
By bowserace on 08/04/14 09:40 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

As with all the Toyotas I have had in the past, it starts. It will drive from Phoenix to Los Angeles on 1 tank of gas (>400 miles). I don't worry that it will break down and stop in the desert. It is a little rocket on the freeway and it goes plenty fast. I got past by a Yarus and I was going 100 mph. Does get 38 miles a gallon going 75 mph. Gets 28 miles per gallon in the city. Probably get over 250,000 miles before I give it to a family member.

12th Toyota I've owned and the last
By serch95 on 11/19/13 07:45 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this car brand new 15 months ago, and since then I have had the following issues: Flare in transmission when accelerating or pasing Seat covers replaced on all seats Major leak from passenger door Twice left with a car that wouldn't start Three trim panels replaced The flare is still not fixed and Toyota says it is normal, The leak in the door couldn't be fixed by Toyota and was told a 3rd party would need to look at it, had it fixed by a local mom and pop shop window loose in regulator. The two times without being able to start? Corrosion on the battery terminal. Toyota does not want to help out a loyal customer and afraid of what the water damage will now do.

ok run of the mill car
By iosax on 09/12/13 12:14 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

the weakest link is comfort, like most new cars the middle console is very intrusive. The door is also molded to allow for a bottle holder, extremely annoying, who needs to be crowded by 10 bottles and cups when driving?! it feels almost like an airplane seat visibility is not great either, because of the rounded contour is very hard to estimate distance in the back windows a little too small electronics very basic, almost antiquated steering wheel doesn't extend quite enough

Where do I start ?
By yoheyfla on 08/03/13 22:41 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My Le gets 20mpg c+h up from inaugural 15mpg - touchscreen am/fm radio dangerous - must take eyes off road to touch screen exactly - monochrome style screen has no gui's, no gps, no digital radio, no satellite radio, no rearview camera, no BLIS, no Entune, no valet trunk lock (a Camry icon), no voice command, no internet connect, no tire specific inflation values, no fog lamps (corners are very dark), no wireless connect to car features, no sound proofing on underside of car, no sound proofing from gas tank pressurization noises, no rear seat ac vents, no adequate map pockets, no Led accents, no paddle shifters, insufficient ground clearance between front air dam and parking space bumpers...

A good car but somewhat boring
By toyo2012 on 02/24/13 19:07 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I very much enjoy my Camry, particularly it mileage. On the highway, mileage has gone as high as 39 when driving a steady 59. In town, I get about 28, with an average of 30. For a car of its size, the mileage is great. The car rides quite well, and is generally smooth. My primary complaint is the constant wandering on the highway, as one needs to be making corrections all of the time to keep on going straight. The car just does not track well. Also, the paint quality leaves much to be desired, with spots and chips that are uncalled for in a car that has less than three thousand miles. My only other complaint is that the engine is not as quiet as the one on my previous Honda Accord.

Toyota city of Japan
By andycindy8288 on 01/12/13 04:48 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Since my wife and I purchased the 2012 Camry LE; I was blown away about how the interior of the car looked. Toyota really came a long way in turing the camry into a more mature grown up car, rather than having it look like your grand pappy owns it. Driving this car feels so good in such a manner that it wants to play rather than go to the grocery store and back home. Gas is much better than our older 09 Camry, though if you drive it rough with the 4 Cylinder, you will get terrible gas millage. I give Toyota credit; Their really changing the future with adding the technicalities within the car and yet offering its customers great prices.

New 2012 Camry
By maria45 on 01/09/13 07:20 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just purchased my 2012 Camry from North Brunswick Toyota dealership in NJ and got a great deal. Customer service was excellent and I am likely to go back for myself and family members in the near future. I love driving my new car!

Excellent Reliability, Great for Families
By onthe4frnt on 11/25/12 12:15 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I drove the 2012 Toyota Camry LE for approximately 3 months/3500 miles as a daily driver with 60% highway/40% city driving. First impressions were very positive. It's a Toyota, it's rock solid reliability and build quality are unmatched. The cabin was incredibly quiet, the 6-speed automatic transmission very smooth. The gas mileage was very impressive, yet didn't feel like it compromised power (for it's class). This car would be great for relaxed drivers and families looking for excellent value.

great car if it didn't have electrical system problems
By conicelli2 on 11/10/12 19:39 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Problems w/new loaded Camry. Intermittenly radio sounds like it is skipping or has no volume. Dealer said this happens if the radio is shorting, but they couldn't reproduce problem. When I picked the car up from dealer, it was dead. Dealer replaced the battery. Also, sometimes when we press the electronic ignition button, the car doesn't turn off. Dealer can't reproduce this either. This week the car went dead again. Got battery charged and took car to dealer. they said the battery was fine and the back ordered radio came in. But when they turned the new radio on, it had no volume. So Conicelli wanted to put old radio back in?? I said no and they need to figure out what is wrong/left car

First Camry
By rbeasley on 10/29/12 14:02 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I was searching for a reliable car and decided to test drive the 12 Camry and 13 Accord. I bought the Camry for these reasons: 1. The Camry seats are more comfortable. 2. On the interstate the Camry was much quieter. It could be the Goodyear tires on the Accord, but there was too much road noise for me. The ride over bumps were absorbed better by the Camry. Also got a 2-year maintenance plan and roadside assistance with Camry. Accord seemed cheaper on the inside. Both had adequate power and smooth transmissions.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Camry Sedan in VA is:

$140 per month*