Used 2012 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Surprisingly good ! !
By Hunter

2012 Toyota Camry SE Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Strong points -surprisingly peppy & fuel efficient 4 cylinder won't leave you wanting to get the V6. This engine is really good. -smooth ride, much smoother than the Lincoln MKZ I had prior to this car, especially with these 18" wheels and sports suspension. Very very very smooth. The whole powertrain is smooth. -front seats are wide and the bolstering makes you feel as if the seat is giving you a nice hug. I'm 6'4, 180 pounds and have alot of room in here. The cloth and pleather combo looks and feels great. -Barcelona red paint looks amazing and helps this popular car stand out. -smoothel shifting tranny. Weak points -transmission is so quick to shift into 3rd that it often has to downshift to make use of the power. -headlights could be Xenon or LED headlights would help. I plan on putting in either one aftermarket soon. -this car could use a high polished or machined cast aluminum wheel to help brighten it up, it's rather dry looking. -BIGGEST ISSUE. THIS THING IS NOISY. Road and wind noise penetrate the cabin. Not good. Overall, not a bad choice. I know this car will provide years of trouble free motoring that won't require me to use my wallet that much.

Rattle trap
By David Fass

2012 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am disappointed in Toyota. Besides the several recalls for this and for that, there are persistent rattles in the cabin. I thought that at the very minimum a Toyota would have a silent cabin. My 2002 Hyundai also had annoying rattles, but that was what I expected when I bought a used Hyundai. When I bought a brand new Toyota, I expected silence. No sir. Dashboard rattles and seat belt rattles, that's what I have. Also, the brakes squeal intermittently on the highway, and dealer says they're fine. Great, thanks. Not to mention, this car did poorly on the IIHS small overlap test. I don't think Toyota deserves their reputation for quality anymore. I would have probably done better with a Hyundai or Kia.

Give me my Mazda back!
By JoAnne Wise

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The headlights are poor. It's so easy to outrun them. The first winter I had this car I had gas "sticker shock". I was only getting 20-22MPG and that was highway driving. The fob is set up awkwardly - I'm forever accidentally hitting the trunk switch even when driving. Not good! The GPS is great as far as it automatically updates itself without purchasing upgrades but when it computes your drive time it uses a factor of 55MPH. And I was not impressed with my resell value. I always thought a Toyota held its value. Not! I did better with my 10 year old Mazda Protege than my 4 year old Camry with all the bells and whistles. Guess what I'm now shopping for - a Mazda. Yeah!

My Camry
By Rich Wein

2012 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Second Camry se NEVER AGAIN
By Kerlyn guerrero

2012 Toyota Camry SE Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Car had made with reciclaje materials poor quality interior Car is noise and shaking on the high way Toyota said is SE sport edition but the only sport is the paddle shift the suspension is horrible For call sporty car also rear bumper are miss lines The worst Toyota know the problem and just hidden from the customer I m stock with my car cause I paid a lot thinking this will be a long life car so now is no value on in

• SUV