2012 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

2012 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Well done, Toyota
By ccotie on 02/18/15 07:55 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2012 Camry CPO in 2013 w/ 41K miles on it. I consider myself a pickup truck guy, but as sedans go, this car has been a pleasure to own and to drive. It has the Sport package with the styled wheels, and draws a lot of compliments. I recommend the SE with the V6, they give the car some personality. Still, I would love to see some performance-enhancing features made available, like AWD or a turbocharger. Even with the upgraded engine, I regularly achieve 26mpg combined. It's no Challenger, but the handling response is sharp and the acceleration is surprisingly brisk. I have almost 100K on mine now, and all I ever do is regular maintenance.

Great Car
By kph1983 on 02/17/15 13:33 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had a Toyota Camry SE V6 as a company car for three years (97,500 miles). Thoroughly enjoyed driving this car. Car combines great performance from V6 engine with good gas mileage. 70% highway driving yielded roughly 26 MPG. Strictly highway trips around 29 MPG. Camry accelerated well and handled like a smaller sports car. Comfort of cloth seats was not excellent but nothing to complain about. Extremely reliable as no other maintenance than oil changes and tire rotation. Would recommend this car to anyone!

Not What I Expected
By veltonc on 01/09/15 06:08 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have been driving my Camry LE 4 cyl. for a little over two years and have 70,000 miles on it. Basically, it is over valued and over praised. I have a rear main oil leak which unusual for such a new car. I have found that road noise is atrocious, also, there is wind noise. The car doesn't hold the road well, and there is hesitation when I start to accelerate when I first start driving. I am a big person, 250/lbs., and the drives seat is not holding up and the rest of the seats are hard to keep clean. Also, the suspension is terrible and fills like you hit a brick on every bump. The front end is too low and scrapes on small dips. Overall, I would give this car an F rating and I love Toyota.

2012 SE 2.5 after 35k mi
By drjjjj on 01/07/15 17:06 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Pros: The looks have grown on me (like the wedge) the interior is well designed and worn well (no wear) the mpg avg is 28-29, 65% highway, no breakdowns, should have good resale. Cons: have 1 second VVTi cold start rattle start at approx 15k, will need new cam, etc. Toyota will replace no charge-but factory sealed motor no more-we'll see. Tranny needed re-flash for slow speed shudder which wasn't too bad-about 45mph did some intermittent slight shudder -gearing too tall for mpg improvement? I would argue todays car is getting overly complicated because of the pressure to get MPGs!! Also, don't even touch the new direct injected or CVT trannys most offer now (read forums)

2012 Toyota Camry Highway Perfection
By smokeymaxwell on 12/02/14 07:53 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I leased my 2012 Camry because I drive over 20k miles per year all highway. It has the base 4cyl engine and what a sweet thing it is! Easily does 34 MPG on the highway while traveling a brisk 78 to 85 MPH. No weird noises, no hesitations. Transmission and engine are quick to respond and are plenty fast. The driving dynamics on curvy roads is not so good. Car tends to 'push', which is normal for this segment. I didn't buy it to carve beautiful back roads in. I bought is because I'm 6'3" and need something comfortable, reliable and efficient with gas. Job well done... This Camry is perfect at those things. Love the Bluetooth - it's the best system yet. Crystal clear on both ends.

By bowserace on 08/04/14 09:40 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

As with all the Toyotas I have had in the past, it starts. It will drive from Phoenix to Los Angeles on 1 tank of gas (>400 miles). I don't worry that it will break down and stop in the desert. It is a little rocket on the freeway and it goes plenty fast. I got past by a Yarus and I was going 100 mph. Does get 38 miles a gallon going 75 mph. Gets 28 miles per gallon in the city. Probably get over 250,000 miles before I give it to a family member.

A 60 Year Old Baby Boomer in a car for a 30 something.
By ktb1 on 12/24/13 17:40 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

OK. So here goes. Purchased Aug 2012. This is not going to be a very good review. I am a 5'8" and about 255lbs so I'm a big guy. When I sit in the buckets seats they uncomfortably squeeze me on both sides. The "sport suspension" makes the vehicle ride like a JEEP! Every little bump! And now onto the tires. Low profile, hard riding, difficult to maintain even air pressure. "Grey" coated Aluminum wheels. When and if you inadvertently scrape them on a curb or such they cannot be touched up and look cheezey! The automatic tire inflation monitor on the cabin touch screen is absolutely useless. The so called "miles per gallon" gauge on the right side of the dashboard is downright stupid.

Poor cvt trans, poor paint,change maintenance terms
By satx59male on 12/10/13 18:07 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry L 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Switched from Altima and Malibu-2nd Camry since Nov 09/2010 model, 2nd recall, same problems- paint scratches easily, "bad glare" from plastic around clock, lots of sun in Texas; Need "keyless" entry in "base" model. Have to pay $1000 more for le. no, no! Trans.searches for gear especially between 40-45 mph. Still doesn't ride smooth even with Michelin tires. But, better than Altima and Malibu as they are"sport" sedans. Toyota needs to change/adjust service warranty as low mileage tires were rotated due to 6 mns main. terms. Caused me to schedule unnecessary service. Sent Toyota customer service complaint last week.

12th Toyota I've owned and the last
By serch95 on 11/19/13 07:45 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this car brand new 15 months ago, and since then I have had the following issues: Flare in transmission when accelerating or pasing Seat covers replaced on all seats Major leak from passenger door Twice left with a car that wouldn't start Three trim panels replaced The flare is still not fixed and Toyota says it is normal, The leak in the door couldn't be fixed by Toyota and was told a 3rd party would need to look at it, had it fixed by a local mom and pop shop window loose in regulator. The two times without being able to start? Corrosion on the battery terminal. Toyota does not want to help out a loyal customer and afraid of what the water damage will now do.

ok run of the mill car
By iosax on 09/12/13 12:14 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

the weakest link is comfort, like most new cars the middle console is very intrusive. The door is also molded to allow for a bottle holder, extremely annoying, who needs to be crowded by 10 bottles and cups when driving?! it feels almost like an airplane seat visibility is not great either, because of the rounded contour is very hard to estimate distance in the back windows a little too small electronics very basic, almost antiquated steering wheel doesn't extend quite enough