Used 2012 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2012 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great car 2012 camry es
By Joe Vosilla

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Great gas mileage and very reliable. Comfortable ride.

Gr8 CAR
By Steven Gonsalves

2012 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Overall The 2012 CAMRY Has Been an Outstanding Vehicle. I purchased it NEW Oct 2012- Have owned it almost 4 Years & have NEVER had a problem. I went the full 3 years warranty with NO ISSUES........ Now have Only 36,000 Miles & Runs & Looks Like NEW.......

Great Car Need Better Leg Room in Front
By jnealy87

2012 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

purchased this car certified used with lifetime engine warranty and everything is so far great and have only one issue and its mostly due to me being 6'3 and my legs are quite long and during travel 10- 20 mins ride is cool but once I try to ride for 30 to 1 hour of driving my legs starts to hurt due to no resting area for legs and hands also starts hurting due to Constance input to the steering wheel the car drifts left to right when on high ways and its tough to keep it straight and that's due to the electronic steering that Toyota now places on the camry and that's a big issue for long driving periods other that those to faults everything is great love all the features including the blind spot monitor and its work it just miss all the rear feature that the 2007-2011 had that was great rear sun shade and reclining rear seats and adjustable heat rests that was hot but now the cut it all out but its a great car I have 71,000 miles on it and have no issues with engine or transmission so everything is great

Beautiful Car with one Exception!
By Jacqueline Ayadi

2012 Toyota Camry L 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is a beautiful shiny 2012 black Toyota Camry. It is such a smooth ride except for the squealing brakes. When I first took it for a trial run the week before I bought it, I did not notice squealing brakes. I bought the car because it is a newer model which was at a good price. I bought the car on Friday Feb 19th, heard the squealing brakes and took it back to the SD Toyota Service Center on Monday Feb 22. I was told the brakes are in good condition, they probably got amerol on them. I was told the squealing should stop after I drive it some. After giving their explanation some consideration, that answer didn't seem right. Additionally the squealing continues. In my past experience of driving cars, usually when the brakes squeal something is wrong! I am very disappointed with my purchase as I believed it was the right car for me!

Surprisingly good ! !
By Hunter

2012 Toyota Camry SE Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Strong points

-surprisingly peppy & fuel efficient 4 cylinder won't leave you wanting to get the V6. This engine is really good.

-smooth ride, much smoother than the Lincoln MKZ I had prior to this car, especially with these 18" wheels and sports suspension. Very very very smooth. The whole powertrain is smooth.

-front seats are wide and the bolstering makes you feel as if the seat is giving you a nice hug. I'm 6'4, 180 pounds and have alot of room in here. The cloth and pleather combo looks and feels great.

-Barcelona red paint looks amazing and helps this popular car stand out.

-smoothel shifting tranny.

Weak points

-transmission is so quick to shift into 3rd that it often has to downshift to make use of the power.

-headlights could be Xenon or LED headlights would help. I plan on putting in either one aftermarket soon.

-this car could use a high polished or machined cast aluminum wheel to help brighten it up, it's rather dry looking.

-BIGGEST ISSUE. THIS THING IS NOISY. Road and wind noise penetrate the cabin. Not good.

Overall, not a bad choice. I know this car will provide years of trouble free motoring that won't require me to use my wallet that much.