Used 2012 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2012 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Serendipity to the 4th power
By shellspell

2012 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The 2012 LE Camry is my 4th Toyota. I agree with other review about cloth interior, dog nails catch on it and shows snags (hate leather). Easy fix- seat protectors. I set out to buy a 2014 Corolla trading in my 09 Corolla- then I test drove this Camry. I put a car through a hard test drive, doing excellerations on rural roads and interstates, hard stops, and taking sharp curves while speeding. I've had many types of vehicles and this beats them ALL. Not sure what the bad reviews previously are about, but I'm a Toyota cheerleader. It's super comfortable, (my friend has 2013 Lexus sedan and says it's just as comfortable), reliable, surprising in ice and snow, n fun to drive!

Favorite Features

FAST for a 4cyl, so I get no more speeding tickets, but can accelerate into traffic with no problem; COMFORT- I travel with 2 large dogs about 400 miles ea way to NC no prob,my Forrester was hell on my bad back; GREAT gas mileage-@ 32mpg on interstate, better than my Ford; RELIABILITY- um, it's a Toyota. Toyota dealer great about answering any of my questions for free. I've spent NOTHING on repairs. Even oil changes r free. Drives same in heat and cold temps. ROOMINESS- my 6'3" fiance fits in front AND back no probs.

Suggested Improvements

I live in the south and DETEST black dashboards/ interior! This is the biggest design flaw with just about every manufacturer, however I hear it's best on cutting down glare. Have no prob with paint, interior materials, spaciousness. What are some people doing to the insides of their cars? Noticeable sluggishness with A/C on going uphill. Loose weave of cloth interior is pretty shotty and harder to clean, liked the cloth of 1999-06 better. No other complaints!

Poor Quality
By Ann Koz

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Paint chips all over car. Swirls in black paint. Seats are made of poor material. Noisy on highway. Tires had to be replaced after 27,000 miles. Very well maintained but you would never know it. Will not buy another Toyota and this is my third. Very disappointed.

Well done, Toyota
By ccotie

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2012 Camry CPO in 2013 w/ 41K miles on it. I consider myself a pickup truck guy, but as sedans go, this car has been a pleasure to own and to drive. It has the Sport package with the styled wheels, and draws a lot of compliments. I recommend the SE with the V6, they give the car some personality. Still, I would love to see some performance-enhancing features made available, like AWD or a turbocharger. Even with the upgraded engine, I regularly achieve 26mpg combined. It's no Challenger, but the handling response is sharp and the acceleration is surprisingly brisk. I have almost 100K on mine now, and all I ever do is regular maintenance.

Favorite Features

-Sharp styling -Powerful engine -Good gas mileage -TONS of features -Toyota reliability

Suggested Improvements

Would LOVE to see a TRD coupe version with: -AWD (or at least RWD) -Turbo -Optional 6-spd manual -More aggressive exhaust

Great Car
By kph1983

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had a Toyota Camry SE V6 as a company car for three years (97,500 miles). Thoroughly enjoyed driving this car. Car combines great performance from V6 engine with good gas mileage. 70% highway driving yielded roughly 26 MPG. Strictly highway trips around 29 MPG. Camry accelerated well and handled like a smaller sports car. Comfort of cloth seats was not excellent but nothing to complain about. Extremely reliable as no other maintenance than oil changes and tire rotation. Would recommend this car to anyone!

Not What I Expected
By veltonc

2012 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have been driving my Camry LE 4 cyl. for a little over two years and have 70,000 miles on it. Basically, it is over valued and over praised. I have a rear main oil leak which unusual for such a new car. I have found that road noise is atrocious, also, there is wind noise. The car doesn't hold the road well, and there is hesitation when I start to accelerate when I first start driving. I am a big person, 250/lbs., and the drives seat is not holding up and the rest of the seats are hard to keep clean. Also, the suspension is terrible and fills like you hit a brick on every bump. The front end is too low and scrapes on small dips. Overall, I would give this car an F rating and I love Toyota.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage 35-38 mpg road and 28-30 mpg in town. The car also accelerates when passing very well.

Suggested Improvements

I think it needs a whole do-over on suspension, interior, and road and wind noise.