2012 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
A 60 Year Old Baby Boomer in a car for a 30 something.
By ktb1 on 12/24/13 17:40 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

OK. So here goes. Purchased Aug 2012. This is not going to be a very good review. I am a 5'8" and about 255lbs so I'm a big guy. When I sit in the buckets seats they uncomfortably squeeze me on both sides. The "sport suspension" makes the vehicle ride like a JEEP! Every little bump! And now onto the tires. Low profile, hard riding, difficult to maintain even air pressure. "Grey" coated Aluminum wheels. When and if you inadvertently scrape them on a curb or such they cannot be touched up and look cheezey! The automatic tire inflation monitor on the cabin touch screen is absolutely useless. The so called "miles per gallon" gauge on the right side of the dashboard is downright stupid.

Poor cvt trans, poor paint,change maintenance terms
By satx59male on 12/10/13 18:07 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry L 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Switched from Altima and Malibu-2nd Camry since Nov 09/2010 model, 2nd recall, same problems- paint scratches easily, "bad glare" from plastic around clock, lots of sun in Texas; Need "keyless" entry in "base" model. Have to pay $1000 more for le. no, no! Trans.searches for gear especially between 40-45 mph. Still doesn't ride smooth even with Michelin tires. But, better than Altima and Malibu as they are"sport" sedans. Toyota needs to change/adjust service warranty as low mileage tires were rotated due to 6 mns main. terms. Caused me to schedule unnecessary service. Sent Toyota customer service complaint last week.

12th Toyota I've owned and the last
By serch95 on 11/19/13 07:45 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this car brand new 15 months ago, and since then I have had the following issues: Flare in transmission when accelerating or pasing Seat covers replaced on all seats Major leak from passenger door Twice left with a car that wouldn't start Three trim panels replaced The flare is still not fixed and Toyota says it is normal, The leak in the door couldn't be fixed by Toyota and was told a 3rd party would need to look at it, had it fixed by a local mom and pop shop window loose in regulator. The two times without being able to start? Corrosion on the battery terminal. Toyota does not want to help out a loyal customer and afraid of what the water damage will now do.

ok run of the mill car
By iosax on 09/12/13 12:14 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

the weakest link is comfort, like most new cars the middle console is very intrusive. The door is also molded to allow for a bottle holder, extremely annoying, who needs to be crowded by 10 bottles and cups when driving?! it feels almost like an airplane seat visibility is not great either, because of the rounded contour is very hard to estimate distance in the back windows a little too small electronics very basic, almost antiquated steering wheel doesn't extend quite enough

Where do I start ?
By yoheyfla on 08/03/13 22:41 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My Le gets 20mpg c+h up from inaugural 15mpg - touchscreen am/fm radio dangerous - must take eyes off road to touch screen exactly - monochrome style screen has no gui's, no gps, no digital radio, no satellite radio, no rearview camera, no BLIS, no Entune, no valet trunk lock (a Camry icon), no voice command, no internet connect, no tire specific inflation values, no fog lamps (corners are very dark), no wireless connect to car features, no sound proofing on underside of car, no sound proofing from gas tank pressurization noises, no rear seat ac vents, no adequate map pockets, no Led accents, no paddle shifters, insufficient ground clearance between front air dam and parking space bumpers...

good but not great
By kat12510 on 05/20/13 21:13 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Had 2003 Camry XLE V6 before this. Leased the new 2012 XLE 4cyl to save gas, now have 6k on it.. The mileage is NOT what toyota stated! I get 25 average and I drive all highway! My 2003 was much quieter, more solid feeling and got 30mpg with a V6! The styling is fine, hate the low body style they have now, I live in MN where snow is plentiful and the car gets stuck easy cause of this! Bluetooth stopped working, dealer can't find problem. Leather seats are nice and soft but stains easier to remove than previous camry leather. Jeans turned my seats blue. Miss my 2003!! I can't decide if I'll buy this one out or not. It's a lot smaller too, bf is 6' and hits his head on headliner.

Pleasantly surprised!
By elsie223 on 03/26/13 12:09 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My husband already owns a Toyota Taocma so I was told we were only looking at Toyotas and nothing else. So I was immediately put off. When the salesman suggested I drive the Camry, my husband said "don't show her any model but the top of the line" and good thing! The XLE didn't feel as boring as I expected. The interior is classy and since I got a red one, it feels very "me". Did NOT expect to like this car as much as I do. Have only had it about 10 days and can see myself driving this for a long time. Read other reviews about the headlights being dim, but what I noticed is a very defined cutoff on the top of the field of vision which is not present when the brights are turned on.

Great car but not for Northern Climates
By ykmichae on 03/20/13 20:38 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I'm writing this after 8 months (7,000 km) of ownership. I live in far northern Canada. Other than the behavior of the car at extreme cold (-35C and below) and the problems I describe below with the keyless entry, I'd highly recommend the car to anyone. Can't see how you can get better driving enjoyment and value at this price.

2012 camry SE
By bengal16 on 03/16/13 15:59 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After driving this car for 15 months I have decided to express my opinion. This car is nice to drive, but a little rough riding. The interior is spacious and the trunk is nice and roomy. The four cylinder engine has great power and acceleration but it is hard to achieve the gas mileage that Toyota claims this car will get. The trip information computer can not compare to my GM vehicles which are more user friendly and offer better user information.

Reliability?
By erieguy on 03/04/13 16:52 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have been leasing a 2012 Camry XLE with heated leather seats since last May. I never thought the heating worked well on the heated seats, and learned today that the driver's side only warms up to low after an extended time and the passenger side seat does not work at all even though its light indicator is on. So much for reliability. I drove the immediately previous model and after about a year its radio went haywire and had to be replaced. The car is very overrated in my book and will not buy at lease end.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Camry in VA is:

$138 per month*