2011 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Unexpected

2011 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Unexpected
By andram on

2011 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I was looking to replace my base model Yaris with a more feature laden car. After driving the Subaru Legacy, Forester, Outback I was drawn back to Toyota. I appreciated the reliability and confidence you get by owning one, they truly are well built cars. I originally drove an S model Corolla, but wanted to try out a manual Camry. Luckily the dealer had a 2007 5 spd Camry on the lot, I was surprised. It drove great, competent but not sporty handling, great brakes, and very spacious. Having driven both the 2007 2.4L 5 spd and the 2011 2.5L 6 Spd Camry's, I can say the 2.5L 6spd combo is the way to go. Very smooth, plenty of torque. They are hard to find cars, but well worth it!

1. The 2.5L/6 spd manual combination- very smooth & easy to drive 2. Comfortable ride 3. 18.5gallon fuel tank=huge range at 35 mpg 4. 1000 lb towing capacity

1. Cup holders in the doors (as in Yaris), at least large enough for a soda can/16oz water bottle 2. Standard 16" alloy wheels
By flbntz
on 05/10/11 13:29 PM (PDT)

I had a 2010 Prius and didn't like it as much as I thought I would. Got a 2010 Golf, and liked it better. Something told me to test drive a Camry, and I was like, "Camry?", but I got the base with AT, and I love it. It's so peaceful to drive. Plus, 0% financing for five years. Jah!