Unexpected
By andram on
2011 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)
I was looking to replace my base model Yaris with a more feature laden car. After driving the Subaru Legacy, Forester, Outback I was drawn back to Toyota. I appreciated the reliability and confidence you get by owning one, they truly are well built cars. I originally drove an S model Corolla, but wanted to try out a manual Camry. Luckily the dealer had a 2007 5 spd Camry on the lot, I was surprised. It drove great, competent but not sporty handling, great brakes, and very spacious. Having driven both the 2007 2.4L 5 spd and the 2011 2.5L 6 Spd Camry's, I can say the 2.5L 6spd combo is the way to go. Very smooth, plenty of torque. They are hard to find cars, but well worth it!
Favorite Features
1. The 2.5L/6 spd manual combination- very smooth & easy to drive 2. Comfortable ride 3. 18.5gallon fuel tank=huge range at 35 mpg 4. 1000 lb towing capacity
Suggested Improvements
1. Cup holders in the doors (as in Yaris), at least large enough for a soda can/16oz water bottle 2. Standard 16" alloy wheels
By flbntz
on 05/10/11 13:29 PM (PDT)

I had a 2010 Prius and didn't like it as much as I thought I would. Got a 2010 Golf, and liked it better. Something told me to test drive a Camry, and I was like, "Camry?", but I got the base with AT, and I love it. It's so peaceful to drive. Plus, 0% financing for five years. Jah!