2011 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Third Camry is not the charm

2011 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

Third Camry is not the charm
By ecrinker on

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've been driving a Camry for 24 years - an '87 and a 2000. I drove them for close to 200k miles each with no complaints. 5 months ago I bought the 2011 with no hesitation. Loved the exterior, and the interior was familiar - it felt right. After driving it for 2 days, I began to notice the ride was bumpy and the car didn't hug the road. It was hard to control on curves. I joked it was a bucket of bolts and that's how it felt. The doors seem lightweight and the passenger door has no stop. It opens fully and very wide, into other cars. There's clunking when you go from braking to accelerating on freeway. The gas pedal seems to pulse. Cruise control varies by 10mph. This is not my Camry.

The size of the interior and the seats. Very comfortable.

Blinds spots. All family members who have driven the car comment on it. Something is off with the suspension or tires. Driving over the grated surface of a bridge, it wants to veer into oncoming traffic. Improve the sound insulation. When it rains, it sound like the sky is falling on the car. My other Camrys were not this noisy.