Now I see why Toyota is so great
By qchen2008 on
2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I am 24 years old and this is like my 5th car and my 2nd brand new car, I barely I had for a year now I am at 18000 miles and loving it. My last couple cars varied from 00 Accent, 94/ 99 devile, 08 cobalt (brand new) to this. This was my college graduation present from my Dad and he forcefully made me choose this over Sonata (which I rented it for 1 week and loved it). However I do not regret getting this car, it was the only LE camry on the lot that had bluetooth also had Sunroof so made up the difference for the lack of bluetooth as standard equipment compare to the Sonata. Anyways I just checked the resale value of my car on Edmunds and I lost maybe about 20% from MSRP
Favorite Features
I loved the easy controls of music straight from your steering wheel. I consider myself somewhat tech savy person so I like to load 4000 mp3 songs on my thumb drive and just plug it and leave it in my car, that way I don't have to mess around with bluetooth/ipod wires/cds since I have all my favorite songs there. There is plenty of space in trunk/rear passenger and it's usually the idea choice for long trips amongst my friends' cars. I am so used to the comfort suspension in the car that anything smaller (elantra, corolla,) feels like those cars' suspension are lot more firmer than it should be.
Suggested Improvements
One of my complaint would be the speed and control, but then again I didn't get v6 or SE trim, I think my Dad did it for a good reason as this car is not meant to drive as a sports car for someone who is in their mid 20s. I consistently getting about 30 on high way (75/80 mph) and 24 mix, which is about the same if not better compared to my 08 cobalt (which had a 2.2 L engine in a compact size car...GM...sigh) My other complain or maybe more of question is the using of synthetic oil change for the 4 cycl version...5000 miles per dealership instruction. I always had paranoia of have to change oil every 3000 miles rather than 5k, so it's always pain trying to find a oil change coupon for synt
By mcdawgg
on 03/07/12 09:57 AM (PST)

For 2010 and newer Camrys, the synthetic oil, per the owner's manual, does not have to be changed until 10,000 miles or 1 year, whatever comes first. Your dealer is wrong (or trying to make more money!)

By klebinek
on 08/22/13 12:36 PM (PDT)

I think toyota dealerships use semi synthetic oil, 5w weight and not 0w so 5k miles sounds correct. 0w 20 is fully synthetic and would be every 10k if I'm not mistaken.