I like it!
By flbntz on
2011 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
Bought a 2010 Prius, and liked it, but after the newness, and coolness wore off, it was boring to drive. Not solid feeling, tinny, and hollow. Bought a 2010 Golf, and liked it, but something told me to drive a Camry after a year, and a half with the Golf, so I did, and although I have some of the same concerns as others here, ie, trans shifts a bit rough sometimes, overall, I really like the car. Surprises me. Always thought I'd like an Accord better, but this is very peaceful to drive. Isolates you from some of the crap that goes on on the roads, rude drivers. etc. Can get lost in this car, and don't mind. 32.09mpg, first tank. Really look forward to driving it. Very nice on trips.
Favorite Features
Smooth, trans well suited to engine. Plenty of power from four cylinder. Goes wherever you point it. Great gas milage from a car this size, and power. Comfortable. Isolates you from the outside world a bit. Ahh. Center of gravity feels down below the car. Interesting to drive, once you get used to it. Remember renting an older Camry, and thinking it was boring, too soft in the corners, but taking what would otherwise have been a long, and annoying drive to meet a friend, and getting out of the car at the end, and feeling good. This car is a feel-good car for me, as well. I feel good after driving it. :) Also, got 0% financing for five years, and gap insurance!
Suggested Improvements
Trans could shift more smoothly. Older Camry I rented hunted for gears, you could watch the tach going all over the place, but it didn't jerk the car; you couldn't feel it. Think this car's trans is also super precise, but you feel it jerk. Small annoyance, not enough to make me not really like the car, because there is a basic something about this car that is REALLY likable, but that would be my two cents. I hope Toyota gets back on their feet. They were always at the top, and the recalls made them stumble a little bit, but they seem determined to make it up to people. I like this car, my second Toyota in a year and a half. I'm happy with it.
By flbntz
on 05/10/11 19:45 PM (PDT)

I lost $5,000 on my Prius when I traded it with 4,000 miles on it after three months of ownership. It'd had the brake recall done, but it was at the height of the recalls, and nobody wanted to touch a Toyota. It was my decision to trade it at that time, so part of the responsibility is mine, but the zero percent financing that I got on the Camry saved me $4,400 in interest, so I figure we're about even. I took a chance on another Toyota. The Prius just wasn't the right one for me. I'd never owned a Toyota before this. I like that there are a lot of Camry's out there, as well. I feel a sense of connection. Somebody else likes what I like.

By flbntz
on 06/22/11 16:11 PM (PDT)

Update. Now 3045 miles on it. Sometimes get as low as 26mpg, with ac on, and ripping around in it. Sometimes 29mpg. Doesn't seem to matter if I drive on the highway, or not. Like drving it easy, but sometimes like driving it spiritedly. Getting onto an entrance ramp to a highway, just put my foot into the accelerator, and it has no problem beating any vehicle at the top of the ramp. It's fun. Used the sport shifter on back roads, makes me wonder what manual transmission would have been like. I really am still enjoying this car. Hope everybody else out there does well with theirs. I still like it.

By flbntz
on 05/22/11 14:22 PM (PDT)

Engine broken in, going in for 1,000 mile check-up tomorrow. 30.25mpg on second tank. Get over 400 miles per tank with the 18.5 gallon tank. It's like the tank is bottomless! Never have to fill it up. Coming home from a restaurant after work yesterday, beautiful Saturday afternoon, got out early, hit seventy on forty mile per hour back roads(!). Having a blast driving this thing. It's just so smooth, and enjoyable to drive. :) I like it!

By flbntz
on 12/25/11 15:58 PM (PST)

11,092 miles. Like it, more, and more. Very comfortable car. Road trips a breeze. Suspect it will be trouble-free, and reliable, and that I will have it for a long time.