2011 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: First Camry, Second Toyota

2011 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

First Camry, Second Toyota
By bobw8 on

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Toyota Corolla "S" was the first Compact family car owned. Loved the MPG and attractive styling. Lots of nice features - however, always had mid sized/large cars and Corolla was just too small and did not like sport suspension. Dealer got me out of my lease 11 months early and put me in the Camry LE. Feel I paid top dollar to do this but am, at this point, very happy. Too early for complete review but will definitely do follow ups and keep in touch with this site. Initially I am very pleased.

I personally like the appearance/style. Extremely satisfied with ride. Impressive inside room. Perfect place for clock (never got to see the clock in my Corolla). Like the lighted ignition switch, Corolla did not have this feature. Am very pleased with the quiet and comfortable ride. More to come in time.

Standard shift feature in the Auto Transmission is a waste and the cost saved by eliminating this feature should be passed on to the consumer. Bet 90 plus percent of owners have not/do not use this feature. Miss the MPG display that the Corolla had. Feel outside temp feature is not needed. Corolla "auto off" headlight system turned off lights with the ignition - Camry has a delay, 30 second (??) that I still do not trust. Also miss break away side mirrors. Will follow up but seem to be aware of up and down shift of transmission. Not annoying but am aware.