2011 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Absolutely blown away!

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan - Consumer Review

Absolutely blown away!
By gexproguy on

2011 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After shopping and testing about a dozen good-gas-mileage sedans (Altima, Accord, Prius, Venza, etc.) I (almost accidentally) sat in the Camry SE at a Hertz lot in Roseville.
I was afraid to admit it felt super comfortable (I drive an average of 5-6 hours a day) because I really didnt want to buy a Camry (thought of it more as a girl's car).
I decided to take it for a spin and WOW!
It was really a fun car! Took some hi-G curves, whomped on the accel, smoked the tires and and broke hard.
Decided right then to buy it.
I bought it for $16K as a rental return with 38K mi.
I thought I might have buyers remorse but every day I drive it I love it more!

Seats are super supportive with good adjustments. Steering is precise (why people say "vague" beats me). Road noise is good. Visibility is poor (but I installed a wide-angle rear-view mirror to increase visibility). Hanfdling is great! I love to take hard turns at high speeds (when safe of course) and the Camry has an interesting 2-stage handling characteristic about it-it resists the turn as an average sedan does to a point-then if you crank for more Gs, it ballances out the suspension, asking fror more Gs - then when you crank more it stabilizes. Very fun! I like the sport shifting - and the 2.5L i4 is just fine for power (with 2 adults) bogs with 4. Best of all, geat on Gas!

my blackberry volume adjust doesnt work with the Bluetooth.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review