ABS Brake NOISE
By Sandra Dunford on
2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I am very dissatisfied with my Camry. It jumps out of the garage and before it shifts the first time it makes a clinking noise underneath. Service Dept says it's the ABS brakes resetting. This happens every time you start the car. Sometimes it will do it twice or more while driving down the road. It's embarrassing to have people in your car and want to know what the noise is. Sometimes it sounds like you run over a pipe. When driving slow and having to stop a lot, the gears jump and jolt around. I've called the dealership and California, they all say this is normal. I don't appreciate paying $25,000 for a car that makes these noises. I wish I could get rid of it. Don't Recommend!
Suggested Improvements
Fix the ABS Brake problem. It's not normal. I don't feel safe in this car.
By sjbentree
on 11/28/11 12:02 PM (PST)

My 2011 Camry also has the ABS pump start up noise at about 10 MPH every time I start to drive. Service manager says it's normal, and I just closed a case with Toyota Corp who said there was nothing they would do. Camrys are anything BUT quiet!

By a077456
on 12/27/10 14:11 PM (PST)

I was experiencing the same situation while I was test driving the Camry LE 11' at Pasadena, CA. Just as you said, When driving slow and having to stop a lot, the break makes a lot of noise and even the salesman has to admit that he did hear the noise. We take it back to the dealership and try out for another Camry 11' LE. However, the other LE was encounter another issue by making ticking sounds. I really don't feel comfortable with the Toyota Camry 11' now even though I used to drive a Camry 98'.