Used 2011 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

First Camry, Second Toyota
By bobw8

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Toyota Corolla "S" was the first Compact family car owned. Loved the MPG and attractive styling. Lots of nice features - however, always had mid sized/large cars and Corolla was just too small and did not like sport suspension. Dealer got me out of my lease 11 months early and put me in the Camry LE. Feel I paid top dollar to do this but am, at this point, very happy. Too early for complete review but will definitely do follow ups and keep in touch with this site. Initially I am very pleased.

Favorite Features

I personally like the appearance/style. Extremely satisfied with ride. Impressive inside room. Perfect place for clock (never got to see the clock in my Corolla). Like the lighted ignition switch, Corolla did not have this feature. Am very pleased with the quiet and comfortable ride. More to come in time.

Suggested Improvements

Standard shift feature in the Auto Transmission is a waste and the cost saved by eliminating this feature should be passed on to the consumer. Bet 90 plus percent of owners have not/do not use this feature. Miss the MPG display that the Corolla had. Feel outside temp feature is not needed. Corolla "auto off" headlight system turned off lights with the ignition - Camry has a delay, 30 second (??) that I still do not trust. Also miss break away side mirrors. Will follow up but seem to be aware of up and down shift of transmission. Not annoying but am aware.

For all the Camry lovers out there this is THE CAR.
By omikron

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just wanted to share my recent purchase experiences with this car. I test drove Camry SE, Sonata(regular), Accord LX. The reason I didn't try the sportier versions of Accord and Sonata was simply because I didn't feel that other than the rims anything was different. Anyways, I've almost purchased Sonata due to very nice look and great price they gave me. Though walked out saying will return the next morning(so to speak sleep on it). Went to drive 2011 Camry SE (4cyl, 6A) the next day and simply didn't want to get out of the car. The bad things(in my opinion) that I've noticed in Sonata right away were: engine noise, transmission shifting was awkward, visibility limited.

Favorite Features

Love the design - get compliments from everyone. Fuel economy is average but I don't drive highways... get about 380 miles on full tank. Acceleration 0-60 is poor but I am not a big racer(coming from a 25 year old guy). Acceleration 60-75 on the other hand is surprisingly good. Enginge is soundless, I feel like I am in a hybrid. My neighbour has ES350, and after parking them side by side we decided that these vehicles are both awesome for its demographics. He paid 37k for leather/V6 engine/navigation and brand. I've paid 22k for the sportier look and limited options(i only have smart key and bluetooth).

Suggested Improvements

Navigation should be put in more vehicles. My dealer told me that Navigation SE's can only be preordered and I would have to wait for n' period of time. I would like to see at least one at every dealership to have it as a purchase option. Come on guys it is 2011 EVERYONE uses Navigation these days and it shouldn't be a luxury option in my opinion. Magellan GPS starts at $60.. Car navigation from $1500...

Good car for long trips, definitely not a race horse!
By delmarva5

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought 2011 Camry LE (4 cyl.) with alloy wheels, sunroof, bluetooth, carpeted floor mats for about $24000 with 0% financing in late Oct. 2010. I have about 6000 miles on it and feel confident enough to write a review now. Overall: Comfortable car with good gas mileage, but definitely not for someone who wants a sporty ride or good accleration (ZERO sportiness and accleration). The car struggled while going uphill, however driving on flat roads was very comfortable. Almost noiseless cabin. Easy to use features that seem to have not been upgraded since 2005. Have a buyer's remorse of overpaying the price.

Favorite Features

Pros: Plush riding, very comfortable, lots of room, good gas mileage - I get exactly as advertised by Toyota. Have taken two 1000 mile roundtrips so far including extended driving through mountains. Did not feel exhausted or tired after the trip. Cons: Very sluggish acceleration, spotty paint job, cheap interior plastics, insecure handling around corners and curvy roads. 2005 camry drives better around corners in comparison.

Suggested Improvements

Secure handling around corners, improve the paint job. Replace cheap interior plastic. Definitely needs a big upgrade/improvement in the exterior styling. Current camry looks like a member from one big fat family. Improve the horsepower.

Almost Perfect -Toyota are you listening?
By camryguy11

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Given the recent outstanding offers, we leased a 2011 Camry 4 cyl with alloy wheels. This is an outstanding car that provides an exceptional level of security. I can't stress enough how impressive the overall design of this car is. Where it falls short is handling, which seems to be largely due to the awful Bridgestone tires. During the first week of ownership, our car veered left consistently on the highway, and the steering wheel shook over 55 mph. Unacceptable in a $24,000 automobile. The dealer re-balanced the tires but the condition remained. I took it to my tire dealer; all 4 tires were still out of balance and the left front had a bubble. They showed me it. Problem partially fixed.

Favorite Features

Appearance, reliabable, secure, decent on gas, great electronics, easy to service, comfortable. Rides best with 4 people in the car.

Suggested Improvements

1. Better tires - Toyota you should put the quality tires on this car that it deserves. 2. The factory should take better care to expertly balance and inspect the wheels and tires. 3. Respond on a personal level to your customer surveys.

Camry Lease Values Unbeatable
By cattom1

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Loaded SE 4 cylinder with leather, heated seats, blue tooth, keyless etc. Looked at Accord EXL, Civic, Camry SE & Corolla. 36 month lease @ 15,000 miles per year, and monthly payment only $15 per month different between Civic-Accord or Corolla-Camry. Cheap interior, engine/road noise, buck board ride not worth it on Civic/Corolla to gain maybe, 2-3 mpg over Accord-Camry. Accord-Camry have much higher residual values making them the much better overall lease value. Went with the Magnetic Gray Camry SE because of better looks than Accord EXL and 24 month-25,000 mile free maintenance. Lease cost virtually the same. I put 3K down & lease @ $239 for 36 months 15K, 1st tank 30MPG combo driving.

Favorite Features

Comfort, styling with 17 inch aluminum wheels, spoiler, ground effects on SE model, spacious trunk, all the air bags safety, keyless entry, wireless sync mobile phone, peppy 4 cylinder, 6 speed automatic always finds the right gear and seldom over 2400 RPM in normal driving, AND 30 mpg city/hwy combo. Best overall value per my research.

Suggested Improvements

The rear 60/40 seat does not fold flat for extra cargo capacity on the SE as it does for the the LE and XLE. Small price to pay for most for the best looking/driving Camry model.