2011 Toyota Camry Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2011 Camry Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Sort Reviews by

Like the Looks
By Paul C

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Totaled a a Mazda6 and found the lease price of the Camry to hard to pass up. It does not handle like the Mazda did but the acceleration is about the same. Our payment from the Mazda to this dropped over $100 and our insurance went down $50 a year. I'm 6'6'' and well over 300 pounds and fit like a charm. This car also gives my wife the room to sit between two car seats if she needs to.

Favorite Features

The looks. The stereo (real calm color tone at night). The size. The trunk space very big.

Suggested Improvements

Alloy wheels on the LE models should be standard. The hubcaps look ridiculous.

A Sports Sedan in Sheep's Clothing
By Bob

2011 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just handed down our much loved 2000 Camry V6 to our daughter. After driving the LE I4 and the LE V6, we tried the SE V6 and immediately loved it. The SE has front and rear strut tower braces, 15% firmer springs and shocks, firmer bushings and anti-sway bars and lower profile tires vs the LE and XLE. The result is a stiffer chassis, a firmer ride, flat cornering and better steering . There is some tire thump on cracks in the road because of the low profile tires. Overall, the car has a sporty feel compared with the other models. Most salesmen said they didn't notice any difference, but if you like the LE ride, you may not like this model. It tracks straight even in cross winds.

Favorite Features

Firmer ride and better steering than LE. Quiet on the highway. Outstanding power, it's faster than most of the old muscle cars! Very good gas mileage - we got 31 mpg all highway 70-75 mph. Over 400 miles on 3/4 tank, behaving myself! 26-28 mpg mixed and 22 all local/rural. Comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Charge $50 more and improve quality of interior door panels. Brakes seem OK but given its power, larger brakes than standard LE should be provided. Otherwise an exceptional car for the money.

6 month follow-up review.
By Ray

2011 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I reviewed the Camry here back in April. Here's my perspective after 6 months/9,000 miles. I still love the design. The paint is holding up well, although dings come easily without the body-side molding. As mine is the base Camry with 6 speed auto, power is merely adequate. The transmission continues to hunt through the gears on anything other than flat surfaces. I use the sport shift feature to make best use of the engine's torque range. The cruise control has a hard time maintaining a set speed in hilly sections. It drops off pace, then suddenly downshifts the transmission and races up to speed, making you look like you're racing the driver next to you. It feels clumsy.

Favorite Features

Plenty of space and storage. Comfortable seats. Excellent view from the driver's seat, although it took me some time to judge the length of the nose of the car when parking. Base stereo is fine for my purposes. Hi-beam headlights are amazing. Low- beams not so much. Great fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Besides the transmission's hunting issue, the road noise is just unacceptable for a car of this class. The roads I drive on are far from smooth, but every tiny rock, groove or surface deformity echoes through the driver's cabin. I've driven the SE V- 6 model and it too transmits lots of road noise

Long time toyota owner
By Scott

2011 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just purchased 2011 Camry after trading in 2007 Solara. Car rides great and very comfortable. Price was right, especially with zero financing. MPG is respectable. Much better ride than my folks 2010 Honda Accord!

Favorite Features

Great visibility and cold A/C and comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

slightly smoother deceleration but that might be a little picky. fold down rear seats would be nice.

Excellent vehicle for the price!
By MOBLYW

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The 2011 Toyota Camry overall presently is the best vehicle on the market for the price when adding rebates, and I received a 2.9% interest rate from Toyota also. This vehicle has all kinds of safety features now. It has no wind noise, handles great, and is comfortable on trips. There probably are vehicles that are a dad better out there if one wants to pay again what this vehicle cost me. These camrys have always been reliable. This is my 3rd one and I have owned a lot of other brands over the years. This one I am staying with since to me it is the best priced vehicle out there for what you get in return.

Favorite Features

Ride, price, way its equipped, options offered, and dependability.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel mileage in town.

Good and bad
By badbug2000

2011 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Everything looks OK except the headrests on font seats is too big and not comfortable. Also rear view point isn't good enough. Don't forget to get the one with back up camera if you decide to buy one later.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe smaller headrest is better.

2011 Camry SE, me likey!
By VegasRPh

2011 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I needed to cut my car payments down from $530/mo (lease) to something more affordable, yet fun to drive. Enter the 2011 Camry SE in Super White/Ash Fabric. What a NICE car. I am truly impressed with this car and what you get for the money. Mine has SE Value Package #1 plus the Smart Key, rear spoiler so it is pretty loaded (MSRP $25,990). I am 6'4" tall and I have plenty of room up front and in the back seat. The 2.5 L/6A combo works well in this car, it is quick and quiet, and should return excellent gas mileage (sticker says 22/32). Interior is well laid out, easy to use controls and all the surfaces feel nice to the touch. The SE has a "sporty" blue hue for gauges and controls.

Favorite Features

Exterior design (ground effects + 17" wheels and rear spoiler), Interior controls are well placed and easy to reach/find while driving, Smart Key is great! Standard Bluetooth (phone/audio)! The 2.5 L performance kind of surprised me, no need for the V6. Stated gas mileage of 22/32 looks realistic.

Suggested Improvements

Base radio is single disc CD and sounds "ok", but isn't the greatest. Add the "paddle shifters" on steering wheel for the SE models. Trunk hinges are still the old goose-neck style that can crush luggage. Rear seat doesn't fold down for added space for cargo. Passenger power seat would be nice.

One great car
By V

2011 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the 2011 Camry (manual transmission) this month and have been very pleased. I have to laugh at some of the critical comments I've noticed: if you have driven a lot of different cars, as I have, you know that this car is quiet and comfortable inside like many luxury cars costing many times more. Along with it's legendary reliability, it becomes one of the best values you'll find anywhere. It's also built in the US, and has more American content than any other mid-sized car.

Bad Ride
By Kenneth Prickett

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The quality of this transmission is terrible. When getting ready to shift the first time, it makes a clanging noise underneath. Service Dept. says it the ABS Brakes resetting. The valves peck until the car warms up. The clanging in the transmission will continue as driving down the road. Sometimes it sounds like you're driving on gravel. I traded a 2005 Sonata for this car and am very sorry. The service dept. says this is normal in all cars, and that's not true. I don't recommend the Camry and hope they start recalling this vehicle and get it straightened out. It's too much money to spend for junk.

Favorite Features

Size of the car and gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the ABS brakes if that it the problem. New cars shouldn't make these noises.

Great Car
By Lori

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is a fun car to drive. It is quiet and comfortable even for my Dad who is 6 foot. I like the dash controls and especially the area that hides all of the Ipod cords. The stereo is great. It looks nice and I have had a lot of compliments on it with people thinking it is a European car? It has gotten 32 mpg on combined driving which is great. Wish I had gone for the leather seats.

Favorite Features

Mileage, looks, overall comfort, warranty, price, color (Aloe Metallic), quickness, visibility, handling, breaks.

Suggested Improvements

The head rests tend to put my head in a position that is too forward and causes me neck pain on long drives. The gas pedal is sluggish on starts and then is fine. Takes some getting used to. The beige fabric is too light - will show dirt too easily.