2011 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews 8

2011 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:
Like the Looks
By Paul C on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Totaled a a Mazda6 and found the lease price of the Camry to hard to pass up. It does not handle like the Mazda did but the acceleration is about the same. Our payment from the Mazda to this dropped over $100 and our insurance went down $50 a year. I'm 6'6'' and well over 300 pounds and fit like a charm. This car also gives my wife the room to sit between two car seats if she needs to.

A Sports Sedan in Sheep's Clothing
By Bob on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We just handed down our much loved 2000 Camry V6 to our daughter. After driving the LE I4 and the LE V6, we tried the SE V6 and immediately loved it. The SE has front and rear strut tower braces, 15% firmer springs and shocks, firmer bushings and anti-sway bars and lower profile tires vs the LE and XLE. The result is a stiffer chassis, a firmer ride, flat cornering and better steering . There is some tire thump on cracks in the road because of the low profile tires. Overall, the car has a sporty feel compared with the other models. Most salesmen said they didn't notice any difference, but if you like the LE ride, you may not like this model. It tracks straight even in cross winds.

6 month follow-up review.
By Ray on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I reviewed the Camry here back in April. Here's my perspective after 6 months/9,000 miles. I still love the design. The paint is holding up well, although dings come easily without the body-side molding. As mine is the base Camry with 6 speed auto, power is merely adequate. The transmission continues to hunt through the gears on anything other than flat surfaces. I use the sport shift feature to make best use of the engine's torque range. The cruise control has a hard time maintaining a set speed in hilly sections. It drops off pace, then suddenly downshifts the transmission and races up to speed, making you look like you're racing the driver next to you. It feels clumsy.

Long time toyota owner
By Scott on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Just purchased 2011 Camry after trading in 2007 Solara. Car rides great and very comfortable. Price was right, especially with zero financing. MPG is respectable. Much better ride than my folks 2010 Honda Accord!

Excellent vehicle for the price!
By MOBLYW on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The 2011 Toyota Camry overall presently is the best vehicle on the market for the price when adding rebates, and I received a 2.9% interest rate from Toyota also. This vehicle has all kinds of safety features now. It has no wind noise, handles great, and is comfortable on trips. There probably are vehicles that are a dad better out there if one wants to pay again what this vehicle cost me. These camrys have always been reliable. This is my 3rd one and I have owned a lot of other brands over the years. This one I am staying with since to me it is the best priced vehicle out there for what you get in return.

Good and bad
By badbug2000 on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Everything looks OK except the headrests on font seats is too big and not comfortable. Also rear view point isn't good enough. Don't forget to get the one with back up camera if you decide to buy one later.

2011 Camry SE, me likey!
By VegasRPh on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I needed to cut my car payments down from $530/mo (lease) to something more affordable, yet fun to drive. Enter the 2011 Camry SE in Super White/Ash Fabric. What a NICE car. I am truly impressed with this car and what you get for the money. Mine has SE Value Package #1 plus the Smart Key, rear spoiler so it is pretty loaded (MSRP $25,990). I am 6'4" tall and I have plenty of room up front and in the back seat. The 2.5 L/6A combo works well in this car, it is quick and quiet, and should return excellent gas mileage (sticker says 22/32). Interior is well laid out, easy to use controls and all the surfaces feel nice to the touch. The SE has a "sporty" blue hue for gauges and controls.

One great car
By V on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought the 2011 Camry (manual transmission) this month and have been very pleased. I have to laugh at some of the critical comments I've noticed: if you have driven a lot of different cars, as I have, you know that this car is quiet and comfortable inside like many luxury cars costing many times more. Along with it's legendary reliability, it becomes one of the best values you'll find anywhere. It's also built in the US, and has more American content than any other mid-sized car.

Bad Ride
By Kenneth Prickett on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The quality of this transmission is terrible. When getting ready to shift the first time, it makes a clanging noise underneath. Service Dept. says it the ABS Brakes resetting. The valves peck until the car warms up. The clanging in the transmission will continue as driving down the road. Sometimes it sounds like you're driving on gravel. I traded a 2005 Sonata for this car and am very sorry. The service dept. says this is normal in all cars, and that's not true. I don't recommend the Camry and hope they start recalling this vehicle and get it straightened out. It's too much money to spend for junk.

Great Car
By Lori on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is a fun car to drive. It is quiet and comfortable even for my Dad who is 6 foot. I like the dash controls and especially the area that hides all of the Ipod cords. The stereo is great. It looks nice and I have had a lot of compliments on it with people thinking it is a European car? It has gotten 32 mpg on combined driving which is great. Wish I had gone for the leather seats.