2011 Toyota Camry Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2011 Camry Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Sort Reviews by

2011 XLE 4K Miles
By RGLove

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased demo with 4000 miles and the car seems like it came off the assembly line. Great fit/finish, quiet as a vault and not a rattle. This is our 10th Toyota purchase so expectations are high and car does not disappoint. Gave my 07 SE to daughter and bought 11 XLE. Thought I would miss the SE sporty ride, bit very pleased with the responsive handling/ride of the 2011. The 4 banger is peppy and the 6 speed works quietly with smooth shifts. The exterior color Barcelona Red Metallic sparkles and has an expensive rich look.

Favorite Features

Options worth every penny: Smart key, supportive leather with heat and reclining seats in back, Nav/JBL sound, moonroof to let the heat out or sunshine warmth inside. Also the adjustable center driver armrest is a great idea and makes the driving position more comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing so far. Will enter an update later. Overall thought, Toyota has reliability and refinement mastered but needs to venture away from traditional design. Sportier interiors, etc would spice up their line-ups. Offer heated seats with cloth seat options, etc to spread luxury options cheaply.

SE is great.
By CamryLover

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the new 2011 SE because of the 0% financing for 5 years and because my other 14 year old Camry was nearing 170K miles. I chose the black SE model with leather and the AUX option so I could attach an MP3 player. This has been great. The leather sport package is amazing. The wheels look great and it is really fun to drive.

Favorite Features

AUX in port for mp3 player, SE leather, power of the 4 cylinder is good. 31.5 mpg on a recent 700 mile trip.

Suggested Improvements

The only complaint I have is the center console can be a little uncomfortable on the knees for taller individuals.

Still getting used to this car
By still adjusting ....

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We own a 2003 Toyota Camry & continue to use it every day & love it. We needed an additional car, so we decided to buy a 2011 Camry LE. We are both still getting used to this car.It seems to often drive like a "horse in the starting gate"-more than ready to take off, especially from a park or stop mode. It is a smooth ride on the open rode, but we both feel like we have to "manage" its tendency to want to accelerate when we drive it in the city. We may take it back to the dealer to have it evaluated for this. We also notice that the windshield is slow to clear when it is both humid and/or rainy. Other than these 2 problems, we are enjoying the car.

Favorite Features

appearance,and very smooth high- way ride nice big trunk.

Suggested Improvements

windshield slow to clear in humid/rainy weather

2011 SE Road Noise
By GoHuskers

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

It is a nice vehicle for the price. I got mine with the se package, msrp 25,569. Dealer agreed to sell for 22,500, with $1000 Toyota graduate rebate brings it down to $21,500 so I consider it the best deal in the class. Everything is nice, look nice, sporty, handle well, good gas mileage, big trunk, and really roomy inside.

Favorite Features

Body kit with 17" wheel, spoiler. I got the red with black interior, got the tint job and HID headlight (real HID - H11 5000k). It is so nice that my in-law bought one exactly the same in White.

Suggested Improvements

It makes a very WEIRD noise (like humping) when changing lanes that are UNEVEN. Hate it. ABS self-test clicking noise is annoying but got used to it. When the car first hits about 10 MPH after it sits for awhile you will hear a click noise - That is NORMAL.

Now a real road machine!
By Glenn Norris

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my auto last Friday and immediately went on a 500 mile trip. I now have a '04 Toyota MR2, a 2009 LE Camry and this '11 SE. This car has a great comfortable ride with stiffer suspension than the LE. The fit and finish is outstanding. It held the curves very well on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I especially recommend the Smart Key System with PB starting and wireless door entry and XM radio w/Bluetooth wireless. Also, spend a couple of hundred dollars and get pin-striping and side body molding. It will pay off in the long run. Fox Toyota in Clinton, Tn was great to deal with. I choose this car over the Hyundai Sonata Because of the much better trade and the dependability of the Camry.

Favorite Features

The great styling with fog lamps in front, duals with 4 cylinder engine, and what I call "Ground Effects" made this a great looking machine! Also, Smart Key System w/keyless door entry and XM radio with Bluetooth Wireless was great. Individual bucket seats seemed to be molded to your body.

Suggested Improvements

To keep from being too picky, maybe a little more padding in the seats and a few more horses under the hood.

Unexpected
By andram

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I was looking to replace my base model Yaris with a more feature laden car. After driving the Subaru Legacy, Forester, Outback I was drawn back to Toyota. I appreciated the reliability and confidence you get by owning one, they truly are well built cars. I originally drove an S model Corolla, but wanted to try out a manual Camry. Luckily the dealer had a 2007 5 spd Camry on the lot, I was surprised. It drove great, competent but not sporty handling, great brakes, and very spacious. Having driven both the 2007 2.4L 5 spd and the 2011 2.5L 6 Spd Camry's, I can say the 2.5L 6spd combo is the way to go. Very smooth, plenty of torque. They are hard to find cars, but well worth it!

Favorite Features

1. The 2.5L/6 spd manual combination- very smooth & easy to drive 2. Comfortable ride 3. 18.5gallon fuel tank=huge range at 35 mpg 4. 1000 lb towing capacity

Suggested Improvements

1. Cup holders in the doors (as in Yaris), at least large enough for a soda can/16oz water bottle 2. Standard 16" alloy wheels

Mixed feelings
By Jo

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Am I the only one that HATES gas mileage I'm getting? Mostly hwy, also city and I'm averaging 23-24 mpg. My 2003 Camry got better gas! Nice design, inside and out. They changed spot for moving side mirrors, more inconvenient as I have to feel around for it at night. 2003 had it on the door, much easier.

Favorite Features

Seats comfortable, easy to pull down rear seats to put fishing poles in trunk! :)

Suggested Improvements

Headrests too large, blocks view a little. Gas mileage isn't as good as I hoped; again, side mirrors adjustments hard to move, especially at night.

Great Car for Great Money
By bc21

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am replacing a 2010 LE that was totaled in a rear end crash. I am buying another Camry because no there were no injuries (not even a stiff neck). The SE's ride is firm compared to the floaty LE. I find the SE fun to drive on curvy roads and the leisurely drive on the highway. I drove the V6 and its a rocket, but the 4 cyl is no slouch. The 4 cyl meets all my needs plus puts an extra $1500.00 in my pocket. My company car is a malibu which is nice but not in the same league as the Toyota. Drive one and I am sure you will love it.

Favorite Features

Sporty look, JBL sound system, bluetooth.

Suggested Improvements

Paddle shifter would be a nice addition

Very Pleased with Purchase and Dealer
By Paula

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Have owned car for a week. Researched and test drove five different makes and models before narrowing choice to a Camry. Very pleased with car overall. Saved myself just slightly over $1000 dollars for driving to Ames as opposed to the Des Moines dealer. No buyers remorse here! Actual fuel economy too soon to say since I have driven about 200 miles thus far.

Favorite Features

The xm radio (temporary). I enjoy Listening to the comedy stations during rush hour traffic. Comfortable seats, quiet ride, and cools/heats quickly.

Suggested Improvements

Currently I cannot think of anything to improve upon but, I knew what I wanted and got just that!

Very happy 3 months later
By irg2

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My lease on my 2006 Subaru Impreza was up, so I looked at various offerings, including Subaru, Accord, Altima and Malibu. I couldn't find a Subarau I liked, the Accord was really sub bar -I based my knee on the dashboard just getting in - it was swollen for week, lol. The Altima was very nice, but leased for quite a bit more, the Malibu leased for literally twice the price. The Camry was just right, only $234/mo with nothing down, including the taxes, alloys. Drives so much nicer than my Subaru, although not quite comparable really. But the difference in price was only $25. I may get another or the Venza to replace my Odyssey. Wish they would make a Camry wagon in the same price range.

Favorite Features

Very quiet, comfortable, love the manumatic shifter, I actually use it now and then. Very good gas mileage. Awesome on long trips, the seats are much more comfortable than the Subaru. Just seems like a very solid, well built car. The 4 cyl does fine, and I like power. Highly recommended.

Suggested Improvements

Not much, at this price. Maybe somewhat better, or darker fabric. The alloys are hard to keep clean, but the brakes work a lot better than my Honda Odyssey '08.