Used 2011 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Camry XLE 2011
By bruinswin2011

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Test drove several competitor vehicles but landed on Camry (XLE) for its smoother ride, better comfort and quieter cabin. Other cars tested - Accord, Optima, Sonata, Fusion and Altima. Accord and Fusion lacked pep and road and engine noise were pronounced. Optima - although a nice car - seemed to fall short on interior quality and lacked track record for quality. Sonata is a good value but found driver seat lacked thigh support, thus was unable to get comfortable while driving. Altima was initially my first choice, but passengers found front passenger and rear seats uncomfortable. If you are looking for a car that has a quieter cabin, smoother ride and comfortable seats, check out the Camry.

Favorite Features

Leather seats, moon roof, blue tooth for transmitting Pandora via BlackBerry, alloys and wood-grain interior trim

Suggested Improvements

Improve dash and radio lighting because can be hard to see when there is sun/glare; tighter suspension for cornering; higher quality carpeting.

My first Toyota
By bl78

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have been in the Honda / Acura family for years. Currently own 07 Acura MDX but traded my 06 Honda Civic with 77k miles. Civic was good in many ways but it was small, too much wind noise and lacked power which was not fun to drive on a long road trip. I didnt want to purchase a new Honda or Acura for other reason. Im not a fan of the Accord exterior design and didnt want to pay extra $$$ for the Acura TSX V6. I chose the Camry for many reasons. Its not luxurious like an Acura or BMW but its satisfactory with the exterior design, space and the comfort of the V6 drive. Some people may differ depending on what vehicle they used to drive but I enjoy the ride of the V6 Camry SE.

Favorite Features

V6 power, Stereo, Keyless remote, Leather seats, bluetooth, space. Does pretty well for a V6 on MPG.

Suggested Improvements

Have a back up camera on all Camry and memory seats.

Can't beat the Toyota package!
By driver105

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I spent a year looking at different makes and models, but kept coming back to the Toyota and Honda cars. I picked the Camry LE over the Accord because of the greater power, comfort, price, and speed shifter. Even though it came w/ a 5 yr. comprehensive warranty, I have peace of mind with a Toyota that I won't be needing it. These cars just don't know how to die! I've had it for7 months and love it the more I drive it. One of the biggest features was the 0 road noise. I can take long trips and not have my ears ringing at the end. Honda's a great cars also, but for the price, you can't beat the Toyota for what you get.

Favorite Features

Speed shifter, lumbar support, comfortable seats, no road noise, good torque, great color, LED brake lights, lots of trunk space, great stereo, and strong a/c system.

Suggested Improvements

Need to improve automatic transmission so that there is not bucking (not often but does happen).

Camry dream machine
By camryhappy11

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My Camry drives as well as my BMW did, it handles like a dream. It looks like a sports car

Favorite Features

The paint color and the interior

Suggested Improvements

I really do not have any at this time, maybe after I drive it through the winter but now it has everything I've wanted in a car

I can't complain
By robrjay

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in a Ford Taurus X (Flex) to get the Camry SE. The SE model is the only one I liked. The sporty look is great to me. I was on the fence between this one and the 2011 Accord. The ONLY reason I went with the Camry is the seats were more comfortable. The Accord seats hurt my back. The car feels really solid to me and my wife enjoys the ride as well. The suspension is noticeably firmer in the SE vs the LE or XLE which we both like. I hope to have it for many years, trouble free.

Favorite Features

SE Trim, 6 speed tranny is great to me. The ergonomics work great for my body type. My 6ft 5 son can fit fine in the back seat, and he also says there is enough leg room when he drives it. Alloy wheels look really nice on this trim.

Suggested Improvements

Interior plastics on dash seem cheap. The audio control menus are a bit confusing initially, but once you figure out what it wants, it's not bad. Otherwise, I don't have any real big complaints. It seems like a great car.