Used 2011 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Uncomfortable!!
By brownt90

2011 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded my 02 camry xle 4 cylinder for this car in April. Wished I would have stayed with my old car or chose a different model. The car has a good powerful v6 and a decent nav system, but those two things don't make up for the other downfalls of this vehicle. Window switch button fell inside the door, and the car suffered from a roof popping noise that the dealer fixed by stuffing felt around the sunroof. What happened to toyota quaility? To top it off, I have not found a comfortable driving position in this car. I am 6'3, and the seat bottom does not lower low enough to the floor like my other camry did. Because of this I am suffering leg/heel/foot pain on a daily basis.

V6, Nav/bluetooth system.

Re-Position the seats, step up the interior quality!!

Third Camry is not the charm
By ecrinker

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've been driving a Camry for 24 years - an '87 and a 2000. I drove them for close to 200k miles each with no complaints. 5 months ago I bought the 2011 with no hesitation. Loved the exterior, and the interior was familiar - it felt right. After driving it for 2 days, I began to notice the ride was bumpy and the car didn't hug the road. It was hard to control on curves. I joked it was a bucket of bolts and that's how it felt. The doors seem lightweight and the passenger door has no stop. It opens fully and very wide, into other cars. There's clunking when you go from braking to accelerating on freeway. The gas pedal seems to pulse. Cruise control varies by 10mph. This is not my Camry.

The size of the interior and the seats. Very comfortable.

Blinds spots. All family members who have driven the car comment on it. Something is off with the suspension or tires. Driving over the grated surface of a bridge, it wants to veer into oncoming traffic. Improve the sound insulation. When it rains, it sound like the sky is falling on the car. My other Camrys were not this noisy.

Great car
By toyota3000

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I traded a Yaris in for the Camry, lost about 8-10 MPG, but the 3.5 is a great engine. If you want mileage, get the Yaris or Corolla. If you want the Camry, AT LEAST get the 2.5 four. Great power and very quiet engine.

Engine and transmission are good. Interior is huge (compared to Yaris :) ).

Get the V6 up to Lexus output at about 300hp.

2011 Camry XLE
By jerryaustin

2011 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased a 2011 Camry XLE 6-cylinder 2+ weeks ago. I have been very impressed with the car so far although I know all new cars drive well. We traded in a 2001 Honda Accord wiht 160,000+ miles on it. Loved the Accord, but the Honda dealers in our town have very few vehicles and are charging MSRP for the ones they do have. I know the Camry is supposedly boring, but that's what I wanted. I want quiet and reliable. Our old Honda was a little noisy, but to be fair it was a 10 year old car. A few reviews I read reported the Honda reported the Honda as noisy primarily due to the Dunlop tires which were selected for enhanced mileage. I might have bought another Honda, but there really

were none available. I particularly like the audio features. The Bluetooth operates flawlessly and the sound quality is excellent. I can play music on my IPhone 4 while it is in my pocket. I particularly like playing music on Pandora receiving audio over a data network. I connected a flash drive into the USB port so that my wife can listen to her music. I get the song name and artist displayed on the radio display. I noticed that there is a hole to run an IPOD chord out of and a little holder for the IPOD on the right side of the console. Very thoughtful design. Oh, and the car is quiet. That was important to me. Acceleration is certainly adequate for me. My local dealer gave us

free oil changes for life. Check with dealers in your area to see if the also offer this. I know they will try to sell me stuff when I come in, but that's a savings of about $50-60 everytime I need an oil change.

love my camry se !!!
By 504tlm

2011 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The 2011 camry se 4 cyc. rides smooth. It drives fast I was on the highway going 80 mph and didnt even realize it. The seats feel like it molds to your body. They have so much leg room.The air is ice cold. I leave my car for 3 hours come back and the inside is still cool (even when its 100 degress outside). The engine is quiet. The truck has alot of space. Its very stylish. I lot of people have told me they love my car. One of the reasons why i bought this car is because of the quality. There is no dipstick to check the transmission. The dealer said you dont have to worry about the fluid level. You just change it when you get 100,000 miles on the car.