Used 2011 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Love my Camry
By bswgjtm

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2011 Camry in July 2010. I traded in a GMC Envoy for it, looking for reliability and affordable transportation. In December of 2010, I let my stepdaughter take my car on a road trip from upstate NY to Maine. She fell in love with my car and when she graduated from college, she bought her own. Yesterday, my daughter and I went to our neighborhood Toyota dealer looking for her first gently-used vehicle and, without any influence from Mom, she said, "Do you think there are any Camry's in our price range?" 3 2011 Toyota Camry's are a part of our family now. I think that says it all. In the almost 5 years of owning mine, I have only had to replace the tires and rear brakes.

The ride, the responsiveness, the trunk space, the mpgs. We love our Toyota's!

My 2011 Camry
By brandmann

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Let me just say, I am proud to say that I'm now in the third generation Toyota Camry, I absolutely love this car, not only because of it's reliability but it's comfort as well. I went from owing a 93 Camry to previously owing a 03 Camry. I just recently purchase my 2011 Toyota Camry and I've had for about a week now and it's living up to it's name. With 43,652 miles it's riding like brand new and it's got a smooth sound to it. As far as gas mileage I personally think the Camry gets great gas mileage on and off the highway.

One my favorite features with this beautiful built car is the radio is much better although i think they could have did better with the auto sound, hey I could always go and but better speakers. I like that the trunk space is much bigger. I also love that fact that it's got a loud whistle sound so that if you're ever at the mall or in a shopping center, you'll definitely hear your car on the lot as you're locking and unlocking your car. So that's helps out a lot.

My only complaint about this Generation of Camry is the interior is too bright, so whenever I go to the Barber Shop to get my haircut, I always tend to have loose hair on the head rest of the seat. Also i really wish Toyota would do better as far as installing push starts in most of their cars. I strongly believe Toyota is better built than Nissan and Honda but I think it's ridiculous how the Generation 07-2011 Camry does't have push starts.

Only one thing going for it, really
By ruby3zdy

2011 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've driven Honda Accords since 1990. I bought this 2011 Camry LXE used at 36,000 miles. The Camry's driver's seat is hard (compared to the Honda). I had to get a chair pillow for it. The display is hard to read unless you're 16 yrs old & don't wear glasses. The left wide mirror is in a bad place, blocks view of traffic on the left. The NAV/rearview camera/radio unit, which the dealer installed, is practically unusable. The sound quality is inferior.

Nothing street-legal can beat a Toyota engine. I like the auto-dimming rearview mirror, compass direction displayed in the rear-view mirror.

Softer seats, better-laid-out displays. It turns out that I don't like the push-button start - I'm always losing my fob since it's not in the keyhole (there is no keyhole). Exterior color choices are 4 grays, black, and silver. (Honda makes the same mistake). What happened to a nice forest green? Burgundy? A rich cream? Also I'm used to Honda's slidable visor. Toyota's is solidly placed. C'mon, Toyota. Really?

2011 Camry Interior Noise
By bigqsky

2011 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

It seem like Toyota's quality sink recently, not like the late 90 models when it builds in Japan. My 2011 Camry had a some weir noises such as metal and panels when driving, with all windows up and sealed. Specially pass over some tough roads, the noise very uncomfortable. I am not sure is there any Camry out there had the same situation with my. But beside that's I am fine with the it.

n/a

n/a

2011 Camry as a family car
By klebinek

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I chose to buy a large sedan this time and based on recommendations went with 6th gen Camry with the updated engine and 6 speed auto. I was tired of stiff ride of suvs and wanted to move away from that this time. Boy am I glad I went with a camry. Ride is plush, perfect for a 2 year old sleeping in the back. Great gas mileage and very smooth. Interior quality is not great but it's not bad either. What really gets on my nerves is how these reviews now a days concentrate on sportiness and sporty ride. If I wanted sportiness I would go with a sports car, this is a family car and drives as such, I won't race anyone or hit corners fast with a baby in the rear seat.

Plush quite ride, no engine noise, engine pick up, roomy interior, huge trunk, dependability, beautiful design compared to 2012 ( matter of opinion I guess).

Should have standard aluminum wheels, tinted windows in rear, standard backup camera. Other than that it's all good and can be upgraded easily.