Used 2011 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Most Helpful|
Glad it was a rental
By concordenerd

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I rented this vehicle as I was interested in buying one someday. I must say this car was new with only 3,000 miles on it and it was a let down. The carpet next to the driver seat was not even put under the molding near the door. You could see underneath the car. The window switch panel was peeling/flaking off. The transmission was a bit harsh as when you braked it jerked down in gears. Not good. So I am glad that I did not buy this car with these kinds of problems. I guess you'll have to look over the camry's with a good eye before you buy now.

Favorite Features

ride comfort

Suggested Improvements

Build quality

2011 camry problems
By ctrev

2011 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

At 2600 miles the following problems occured. Transmission-slips going from 2 to 3 Catalytic converter is in the consol and heats up so badly you could fry an egg on the consol. Do not know if the plastic there can stand the heat or gases will be emitted from the same location. Gas mileage fell like a stone to 32 hywy and 21 city

Transmission
By delbar

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

the worst car I have ever driven and I owned an 05 for 6 years. The transmission "jerks" the brakes bind the engine whines and overall the performance is terrible. Toyota claims there is nothing wrong with it but I say the 6 speed transmission is very bad.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

fix the transmission !

ABS Brake NOISE
By Sandra Dunford

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am very dissatisfied with my Camry. It jumps out of the garage and before it shifts the first time it makes a clinking noise underneath. Service Dept says it's the ABS brakes resetting. This happens every time you start the car. Sometimes it will do it twice or more while driving down the road. It's embarrassing to have people in your car and want to know what the noise is. Sometimes it sounds like you run over a pipe. When driving slow and having to stop a lot, the gears jump and jolt around. I've called the dealership and California, they all say this is normal. I don't appreciate paying $25,000 for a car that makes these noises. I wish I could get rid of it. Don't Recommend!

Suggested Improvements

Fix the ABS Brake problem. It's not normal. I don't feel safe in this car.

Uncomfortable!!
By brownt90

2011 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Traded my 02 camry xle 4 cylinder for this car in April. Wished I would have stayed with my old car or chose a different model. The car has a good powerful v6 and a decent nav system, but those two things don't make up for the other downfalls of this vehicle. Window switch button fell inside the door, and the car suffered from a roof popping noise that the dealer fixed by stuffing felt around the sunroof. What happened to toyota quaility? To top it off, I have not found a comfortable driving position in this car. I am 6'3, and the seat bottom does not lower low enough to the floor like my other camry did. Because of this I am suffering leg/heel/foot pain on a daily basis.

Favorite Features

V6, Nav/bluetooth system.

Suggested Improvements

Re-Position the seats, step up the interior quality!!