Used 2011 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Hubcap noise detracts from an otherwise great car
By craig4d

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We loved the 2011 Camry LE when first purchased here in Cleveland. Multiple Toyota family. Owner's 2d. Soon, though, a very annoying whirring noise arose from the front left wheel/hubcap. After some delay, the Dealer confessed to being aware of a problem or at least reports, but Toyota had no solution. Noise went away for a while, but is back and is VERY ANNOYING, detracting from the pleasure of owning this car. This caused another family member to look past Toyota and get a Nissan. The issue is spreading out to the public ear...Why doesn't Toyota just replace the hubcap if that is the problem??? We got it for my 20-something daughter.

Favorite Features

Overall, great car, except for the very distracting hubcap problem. Roomy inside, overall value, and good handling and performance.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the hubcap problem! Viewing other reports, it is a Toyota problem, not just an individual car problem. My rating would be much higher but for this unresolved hubcap problem.

Car is great, but sucks too
By slick_willie

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Attention. The manual is crappy in 1-2 or 2-3. It just is a bad combination to have the wallowy suspension and clutch be not smooth. The only way it is decent is if you are trying to use it like a racecar, but most people dont drive to 4000 rpm and then shift. Cupholders.. This car is TERRIBLE. If you take a trip and have a cooler,, forget it. You drink a can of coke for you and your passenger. When you want another one? Where can you put it? NOWHERE. on my honda, I can put 4 cans under the radio (zero for the camry) I can also put 6 cans in the door. ZERO for the camry. The door storage is worthless except for a paperback book. in 3rd -6th gear.. I love it.

Favorite Features

Car engine is very smooth and has nice torque. Base seats suck. Terrible. It is base, though. They are soft and spongy. Good for grandma. Hard to complain too much. I paid 14900 for my base camry speed. Car salesman lied/mistaken and told me it had a ipod USB. It only had a speaker in port. It would be nice to charge my unit via usb

Suggested Improvements

My accord 5sp is SOO0 much more fun to drive. This camry, if not a good $deal$, I would be angry that I bought it. Firmer seats. Make gears 1-5 as if it was a 5 speed. Add a tall 6th gear. GEAR SHIFTER.. is 5 inches TOO TALL. I can not rest my arm on the console and shift with my wrist. GEAR SHIFTER and ADD CUP STORAGE in the door are pennies of cost. Kind of crappy blindspot,, but that does not make it not fun to drive. I like the headlight pattern. very bright. HUGE Trunk. fantastic. at 55, cushy. I can see why grannie likes it. Back seat.. ROOMY. Front seat.. Uncomfortable and unsupportive. Did not notice on test drive.

Love this car! Should have bought it sooner
By sevn86

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2011 Toyota Camry SE on Jan. 29th 2011. It has the white exterior with black leather seats. It also has a Sunroof, Push button start. Bluetooth, Rear Spoiler, Auto Dimming mirror w/ compass, DLX radio package, and sealant package. I am very pleased with this car. I traded in my 2000 Toyota camry and man im so glad I did. This car is very smooth and very responsive. Its a bit bouncy cuz it has the sport suspension but I love it! Over all the quality both inside and out is great. I paid $24,500+TTL which came out to $26,162 out the door but i also got $3,000 for my trade so my out the door price was $23,162.01. MSRP was $27,862. I also got 0% for 60 months. Is that a good deal?

Favorite Features

Push button start, the radio, The beautiful leather seats, The sporty look of the SE package. I also really like the 5 spoke 17 inch wheels. It has so much room! The trunk is huge!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing i can think of at the moment.

Best Ever
By toyotaown2

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car is a blast to drive, and great to ride in. The room inside is exceptional for a car that provides this type of performance. No matter if you are in the front passenger seat or back seat. All the little features really make this car special. Great gas mileage and got a great deal. Without a dobut this car is a great choice, and oh, Lifetime Waranty makes it all the more special.

Favorite Features

Roomy leather interior, performance, gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

None, keep doin what you doin.

Glad it was a rental
By concordenerd

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I rented this vehicle as I was interested in buying one someday. I must say this car was new with only 3,000 miles on it and it was a let down. The carpet next to the driver seat was not even put under the molding near the door. You could see underneath the car. The window switch panel was peeling/flaking off. The transmission was a bit harsh as when you braked it jerked down in gears. Not good. So I am glad that I did not buy this car with these kinds of problems. I guess you'll have to look over the camry's with a good eye before you buy now.

Favorite Features

ride comfort

Suggested Improvements

Build quality