Used 2011 Toyota Camry XLE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

This car is great
By billngb1

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my second Camry and Toyota has to my amazement been able to improve on my previous model. The 6 speed transmission has helped with the engine noise especially when accelerating at highway speed. Downshifts are quicker and the fuel economy is 35 mpg on the highway in less than ideal conditions. I will not consider another GM or Ford in the future. Becasuse of their poor workmanship and inability or unwillingness to resolve past problems I will soon be an all-Toyota owner.

Favorite Features

nice big door openings. great comfort, nice seats and good seat travel. fuel economy, safety equipment.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a little more adjustment in the power driver's seat. I would like it better if there was more tilt up range on the front of the seat

Camry XLE 2011
By bruinswin2011

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Test drove several competitor vehicles but landed on Camry (XLE) for its smoother ride, better comfort and quieter cabin. Other cars tested - Accord, Optima, Sonata, Fusion and Altima. Accord and Fusion lacked pep and road and engine noise were pronounced. Optima - although a nice car - seemed to fall short on interior quality and lacked track record for quality. Sonata is a good value but found driver seat lacked thigh support, thus was unable to get comfortable while driving. Altima was initially my first choice, but passengers found front passenger and rear seats uncomfortable. If you are looking for a car that has a quieter cabin, smoother ride and comfortable seats, check out the Camry.

Favorite Features

Leather seats, moon roof, blue tooth for transmitting Pandora via BlackBerry, alloys and wood-grain interior trim

Suggested Improvements

Improve dash and radio lighting because can be hard to see when there is sun/glare; tighter suspension for cornering; higher quality carpeting.

Great Ride. Small Build Problems Dealer Doesn't Fix
By homebase

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have 4,000 miles on my 2011 Camry XLE 4cyc leather Nav. It has a smooth quite ride, engine is strong enough, zero sportyness. The turn signal mechanisum makes a clicking sound whenever the turn signal is engaged and the wheel is turned. The climate control needs to be adjusted continuously while driving. Other than the two minor problems I am going to have to fight with my dealer to fix, it is a great car. The first time the dealer looked at the car he kept it 4 days before he told me everything is normal. I don't think I will ever buy another Toyota.

Favorite Features

Smooth quite ride. Engine strong enough. Good radio.

Suggested Improvements

Have the dealer network. fix the problems with the Toyota product.

So far, so good
By colashan

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

looking for something practical. all in class seemed to have negatives except the camry. sonata, fusion (styling), accord (ride, noise) impala was her co. car that she didn't really care for. the camry was above avg in most everything we thought. safety and quality seemed excellent. ride and comfort was good. styling was above avg. and the dealer made us a deal at 25100, for the XLE with nav, out the door.

Favorite Features

heated power front seats, rear sunshade, reclining back seats, MPG, fog lights, heated side mirrors, air filtration, keyless entry, 8 JBL speakers, navigation/bluetooth/sat radio w/ USB and aux jack, smooth, quiet ride, rear air vents, rear seat room was better than expected.

Suggested Improvements

I'm sure there will be some "freshening" of both the int. and ext. next year or the following. the wheels at 16" look a little puny. The 17" wheels on the SE (sport model) look much better. seat memory is something we're going to wish we had with two drivers. that's about it.

2011 XLE 4K Miles
By RGLove

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased demo with 4000 miles and the car seems like it came off the assembly line. Great fit/finish, quiet as a vault and not a rattle. This is our 10th Toyota purchase so expectations are high and car does not disappoint. Gave my 07 SE to daughter and bought 11 XLE. Thought I would miss the SE sporty ride, bit very pleased with the responsive handling/ride of the 2011. The 4 banger is peppy and the 6 speed works quietly with smooth shifts. The exterior color Barcelona Red Metallic sparkles and has an expensive rich look.

Favorite Features

Options worth every penny: Smart key, supportive leather with heat and reclining seats in back, Nav/JBL sound, moonroof to let the heat out or sunshine warmth inside. Also the adjustable center driver armrest is a great idea and makes the driving position more comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing so far. Will enter an update later. Overall thought, Toyota has reliability and refinement mastered but needs to venture away from traditional design. Sportier interiors, etc would spice up their line-ups. Offer heated seats with cloth seat options, etc to spread luxury options cheaply.