Used 2011 Toyota Camry Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Excellent Car!!
By splash2013

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2011 Camry a little over a year ago and I currently have 37k miles on it. This car has been amazing. Great gas mileage, quiet interior-no road noise, rides smooth, very roomy on the inside. I love this car!!! This is my second Toyota-had a Rav 4 previously.

Favorite Features

The blue lights on the radio, radio controls on the steering wheel, quiet & smooth ride, gas mileage, the body style of this model Camry. Everything in my opinion is nice on this car!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing I can think of. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone considering a reliable sedan that gets great gas mileage!

6speedfun
By man10camry

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

This car is everything as promised. A very comfortable and quiet car. With the 6 speed manual also fun to drive. The suspension is a bit soft but I guess thats why Toyota made the SE. But for a base model its quite good.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, Im getting 28 around town and a very efficient 34 on the freeway with the a/c on, 4 people and all our luggages. Very comfortable on trips. Very roomy for a family of four. Very good acceleration for a 4 cylinder. Quiet smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it had a remote lock and unlock option. Sadly its not available on the base Camry.

Camry is just a Great Car
By eddie_k

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I had the '05 Base Camry with a manual trans and got 240K from it. The new version still has everything I need as a big-time highway commuter. Comfort, quiet, power, reliable, good mpg. I drive in the Mts. so prefer the manual trans and it's hard to find a stick in a mid-sized quiet sedan like the Camry. This car is seen everywhere of course but that's why you want it - everyone knows how to fix it and parts always available. Base model still has a couple quirks - no keyless entry and only one power plug.

Favorite Features

Quiet but powerful engine that delivers 30 mpg in a super reliable and comfortable sedan under 20K. Got mine for 18K at 0%.

Suggested Improvements

EVERY car should have 2 power ports for charger and GPS (this base has only 1). Could easily have keyless entry even in the base. Lack of lots of cupholders is not a bid deal to me. Installed SiriusXM would have been nice as well as alloy rims but the smaller tires on the base rims are more affordable. I bought a power splitter and keyless entry system from BestBuy - $200 total installed - and this car now has everything I wanted.

Car is great, but sucks too
By slick_willie

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Attention. The manual is crappy in 1-2 or 2-3. It just is a bad combination to have the wallowy suspension and clutch be not smooth. The only way it is decent is if you are trying to use it like a racecar, but most people dont drive to 4000 rpm and then shift. Cupholders.. This car is TERRIBLE. If you take a trip and have a cooler,, forget it. You drink a can of coke for you and your passenger. When you want another one? Where can you put it? NOWHERE. on my honda, I can put 4 cans under the radio (zero for the camry) I can also put 6 cans in the door. ZERO for the camry. The door storage is worthless except for a paperback book. in 3rd -6th gear.. I love it.

Favorite Features

Car engine is very smooth and has nice torque. Base seats suck. Terrible. It is base, though. They are soft and spongy. Good for grandma. Hard to complain too much. I paid 14900 for my base camry speed. Car salesman lied/mistaken and told me it had a ipod USB. It only had a speaker in port. It would be nice to charge my unit via usb

Suggested Improvements

My accord 5sp is SOO0 much more fun to drive. This camry, if not a good $deal$, I would be angry that I bought it. Firmer seats. Make gears 1-5 as if it was a 5 speed. Add a tall 6th gear. GEAR SHIFTER.. is 5 inches TOO TALL. I can not rest my arm on the console and shift with my wrist. GEAR SHIFTER and ADD CUP STORAGE in the door are pennies of cost. Kind of crappy blindspot,, but that does not make it not fun to drive. I like the headlight pattern. very bright. HUGE Trunk. fantastic. at 55, cushy. I can see why grannie likes it. Back seat.. ROOMY. Front seat.. Uncomfortable and unsupportive. Did not notice on test drive.

2011 Camry manual transmission
By joseph_66

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Just picked the car up on 12/28/2011. I have owned Toyota's for years. I had a 2003 Corolla for 8 years and a 1993 Toyota pickup truck both very reliable. This car is incredible and fun to drive. It feels like a sports car that is a sedan if that makes any sense. Been driving stick for over 40 years, ride a Harley in the summer. This car is my winter Harley. Just plane fun to drive, yet quiet and comfortble when I needed it to be. Can't say that for a Harley. For my first tank of gas combination city and highway, I got 26.7 MPH. I think that is pretty good. I got down to a half tank after 260 miles. So this says I can probably get 500 plus miles to a tank of gas. Thats impresive.

Favorite Features

This is Toyota's signature car. Toyota has been building them for years. You know its a great car with that sort of reputation. 6 speakers, power windows. Just a good all around reliable car. The color is black with tan interior. When cleaned up its a great looker and a head turner. Very comfortable. I don't care what the professional drivers say, this car corners and handles like a sports car.

Suggested Improvements

Put in two outlets instead of only one, Backing up the car is sometimes difficult as I can not see the rear end and it ends up being strictly guess work. A hood ornamant so I can see the hood from inside the car would be helpful as well.