Used 2011 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Camry - Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Most Helpful|
I really don't know which reports are ture
By fleung

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I own 2011 Camry LE. I read a lot of reports from different sources but some are very good, other are very bad. Problems are VEHICLE SPEED CONTROL, SERVICE BRAKES HYDRAULIC, SUSPENSION, ELECTRICAL SYSTEM, POWER TRAIN, ABS SYSTEM. I really don't know which one are true or not. I am so worry about. I previously owned 1988 Camry LE and 2001 Camry LE. They are all very good. But 2011 Camry LE seems do has a lot of problems when I read reports. Anyone can tell me more about how this car. Thanks

2011 Camry manual transmission
By joseph_66

2011 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Just picked the car up on 12/28/2011. I have owned Toyota's for years. I had a 2003 Corolla for 8 years and a 1993 Toyota pickup truck both very reliable. This car is incredible and fun to drive. It feels like a sports car that is a sedan if that makes any sense. Been driving stick for over 40 years, ride a Harley in the summer. This car is my winter Harley. Just plane fun to drive, yet quiet and comfortble when I needed it to be. Can't say that for a Harley. For my first tank of gas combination city and highway, I got 26.7 MPH. I think that is pretty good. I got down to a half tank after 260 miles. So this says I can probably get 500 plus miles to a tank of gas. Thats impresive.

Favorite Features

This is Toyota's signature car. Toyota has been building them for years. You know its a great car with that sort of reputation. 6 speakers, power windows. Just a good all around reliable car. The color is black with tan interior. When cleaned up its a great looker and a head turner. Very comfortable. I don't care what the professional drivers say, this car corners and handles like a sports car.

Suggested Improvements

Put in two outlets instead of only one, Backing up the car is sometimes difficult as I can not see the rear end and it ends up being strictly guess work. A hood ornamant so I can see the hood from inside the car would be helpful as well.

Excellent Car!!
By splash2013

2011 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my 2011 Camry a little over a year ago and I currently have 37k miles on it. This car has been amazing. Great gas mileage, quiet interior-no road noise, rides smooth, very roomy on the inside. I love this car!!! This is my second Toyota-had a Rav 4 previously.

Favorite Features

The blue lights on the radio, radio controls on the steering wheel, quiet & smooth ride, gas mileage, the body style of this model Camry. Everything in my opinion is nice on this car!

Suggested Improvements

Nothing I can think of. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone considering a reliable sedan that gets great gas mileage!

First Camry, Second Toyota
By bobw8

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Toyota Corolla "S" was the first Compact family car owned. Loved the MPG and attractive styling. Lots of nice features - however, always had mid sized/large cars and Corolla was just too small and did not like sport suspension. Dealer got me out of my lease 11 months early and put me in the Camry LE. Feel I paid top dollar to do this but am, at this point, very happy. Too early for complete review but will definitely do follow ups and keep in touch with this site. Initially I am very pleased.

Favorite Features

I personally like the appearance/style. Extremely satisfied with ride. Impressive inside room. Perfect place for clock (never got to see the clock in my Corolla). Like the lighted ignition switch, Corolla did not have this feature. Am very pleased with the quiet and comfortable ride. More to come in time.

Suggested Improvements

Standard shift feature in the Auto Transmission is a waste and the cost saved by eliminating this feature should be passed on to the consumer. Bet 90 plus percent of owners have not/do not use this feature. Miss the MPG display that the Corolla had. Feel outside temp feature is not needed. Corolla "auto off" headlight system turned off lights with the ignition - Camry has a delay, 30 second (??) that I still do not trust. Also miss break away side mirrors. Will follow up but seem to be aware of up and down shift of transmission. Not annoying but am aware.

This car is great
By billngb1

2011 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my second Camry and Toyota has to my amazement been able to improve on my previous model. The 6 speed transmission has helped with the engine noise especially when accelerating at highway speed. Downshifts are quicker and the fuel economy is 35 mpg on the highway in less than ideal conditions. I will not consider another GM or Ford in the future. Becasuse of their poor workmanship and inability or unwillingness to resolve past problems I will soon be an all-Toyota owner.

Favorite Features

nice big door openings. great comfort, nice seats and good seat travel. fuel economy, safety equipment.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a little more adjustment in the power driver's seat. I would like it better if there was more tilt up range on the front of the seat