Update after 2yrs. of ownership
By piratemorgan on
2010 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
The Camry has done it's job for me and the Mrs.. We're still not tired of it, as we were with our Impala's at this point in ownership. Build quality has been excellent, no rattles, no problems, one recall (floor mat). A great experience. I do have one complaint that I can forgive, and hope it's fixed in 2012 model, the transmission. Very awkward city and country road driving, constantly "hunts" for gear, refuses to "coast", downshifts or upshifts at precisely the wrong time. If you ease into the gas it shifts within a few feet and drops you into a sluggish 2nd gear in an attempt to save fuel I guess. But alas, the "tricks" it's doing doesn't help that much in mpg's. We'll live with it.
Favorite Features
Still stylish, I get jealous when I see same color (Magnetic Gray) and model (SE) around town. Great minds think alike. Handles like a dream, very nice cornering ability. It's no Lamborghini but I have had had worse, like the body rolling Impala. Interior fit and finish has been average, I find it somewhat boring.
Suggested Improvements
For 2012, my hopes: An improved (fit & finish) and stylish interior, too many years of the same old. Seat bottoms could use a few another inch or so. I find my mid thighs unsupported, but I am 6'. A MUCH better shifting transmission or at least a sport option to lose the quick upshifts to taller gears and let the car "coast" in any option. Wife complains that I am doing something with the gas because it gets that jerky on hilly country roads. Heated side view mirrors on SE trim level standard. Carpet could be a little thicker nap, but that goes with interior fit & finish and now I'm just being picky ... it is carpet, and I don't have to sleep on it.