2010 Toyota Camry Consumer Review: Great Ride

2010 Toyota Camry - Consumer Review

XLE Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Great Ride
By Ohio Don on

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought this car for my wife at the end of the 2009, just prior to the giant recall fiasco. This is our 16th Toyota and while somethings have been decontented (non-sliding sun visors) the overall trend is certainly up. The car is nearly as comfortable as my 2005 Avalon. We just took it on an all highway round trip of 1000 mile and got a 34.1 MPG, actual, at speeds of 70-75 MPH. I am most pleased with the mileage. (The trip computer, however, is overly optimistic). Much of the trip was up and down mountain areas and did well going uphill without much effort. The car looks nice though not a styling stand out. Tires are the Bridgestones and nothing to write home about.

Favorite Features

The satellite radio, Push button start. Terrific mileage on a car with 3400 miles on it. Comfortable ride. I like the sliding console top. This is not a sporty car at all but meets our needs very nicely. So far I a happy with the purchase. i hope it does as well as our other Toyotas.

Suggested Improvements

Need to make the sun visors slide to cover more area like they used to do. Do something about the radio screen. It is IMPOSSIBLE to read when driving on a sunny day. Pop up trunk lid should be on this car. The USB port is poorly placed. The interior marks up easily.